We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
hellraiser11 wrote: »Many thanks. Other companies such as Phones4u, CPW are allowing customers to cancel without returning the phone. Surely, CPW and mobiles.co.uk have same T&Cs?
Hi,
I certainly can't speak for P4U or CPW, but our Terms & Conditions (in place to ensure a viable business, and therefore the best deals we can offer) are very straightforward about this. Handsets are discounted (usually to 'free, plus a gift') because the customer agrees to a minimum term contract.
I'm speaking to Orange and CPW to try and understand what is happening here, and how it relates to the commission payments that obviously subsidise the discounts. However in the meantime, standard T&Cs must apply.
Regards
Ben“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
Hi,
I certainly can't speak for P4U or CPW, but our Terms & Conditions (in place to ensure a viable business, and therefore the best deals we can offer) are very straightforward about this. Handsets are discounted (usually to 'free, plus a gift') because the customer agrees to a minimum term contract.
I'm speaking to Orange and CPW to try and understand what is happening here, and how it relates to the commission payments that obviously subsidise the discounts. However in the meantime, standard T&Cs must apply.
Regards
Ben
Many thanks. Please keep us informed of the outcome.0 -
i have taken a orange contract from phones 4u in dec 2008 and in that contract we have no minimum call charges at that time for 08 numbers .but these are going to be changed now.i got the text and i cancelled the contract from orange and i got a pays you go sim.
i have a doubt regarding handset and charges..whether we have to return the handset or we have to pay any charges ..
plz any body help me in this matter?
thank you0 -
Bit of a catch 22 her for me as im already on a good deal and near the end of my 18 months. Don't know what more i can get out of them! If i cancel would lose my £10 loyalty bonus etc, but i feel like i want to join the revolt!0
-
I'm in a similar boat.
I took out an 18 month contract at the end of march. I got a free Nokia 5800, 200mins, Unlimited texts, 80Mb of internet for £10 a month.
I can't see me getting a better deal really. I know about the O2 simplicity deal but that is relying on quidco.
Do you think I'll be offered any discount? (I can't see it to be honest)
Or is there any other deals about, I could be tempted by a new decent phone, but I'd only want to pay about £20-25 a month.
Any help would be great.0 -
Has anyone cancelled who went via mobilephonecetral.co.uk for their phone? I tried to check the Ts and Cs on their site but its down for maintenance now. I've emailed them but I thought I'd try here as well. I like my phone, the deal is ok as well but if I can get out of the contract and get a better phone and deal I'm happy to do so!0
-
Hi,
I certainly can't speak for P4U or CPW, but our Terms & Conditions (in place to ensure a viable business, and therefore the best deals we can offer) are very straightforward about this. Handsets are discounted (usually to 'free, plus a gift') because the customer agrees to a minimum term contract.
I'm speaking to Orange and CPW to try and understand what is happening here, and how it relates to the commission payments that obviously subsidise the discounts. However in the meantime, standard T&Cs must apply.
Regards
Ben
Hi Ben,
Could you also confirm if the retentions discount offered by orange are also a breach of mobiles.co.uk T&C as it is effectively moving to a lower monthly subscription as per: (ii) you move onto a tariff which offers a lower rate monthly subscription during the Minimum Period. Many thanks.0 -
Hi there,
All customers must agree to our T&Cs before placing their order, in the shopping cart. A copy of these T&Cs are then sent out with the delivery for your records. It is impossible to order from us without ticking a box that says you have read and agree to them.
It is correct that Mobiles.co.uk lose substantial amounts of money should you cancel your contract early, hence the provision in the T&Cs allowing us to give customers free phones on the understanding the contract remains live for the minimum agreed term.
Regards
Ben
Hi Ben,
Can you please confirm whether the new price increase was indicated in the terms which SHOULD have been sent out with my phone.
I received nothing about call charges, and certainly nothing to tell me the minimum charge per call was going up by 300% a month into my contract.
Im really not happy with this, and want to cancel with Orange but they will tell me the terms were agreed to.
Can you provide me with proof to what im supposed to have agreed to please?
I signed up on 22nd July 09.
Thank you.0 -
Hi Ben,
Can you please confirm whether the new price increase was indicated in the terms which SHOULD have been sent out with my phone.
I received nothing about call charges, and certainly nothing to tell me the minimum charge per call was going up by 300% a month into my contract.
Im really not happy with this, and want to cancel with Orange but they will tell me the terms were agreed to.
Can you provide me with proof to what im supposed to have agreed to please?
I signed up on 22nd July 09.
Thank you.
Hi
You agreed to our Terms and Conditions when you placed the order, and we sent you a copy of these T&Cs.
These do not relate to call charges etc, but to the terms of doing business with Mobiles.co.uk and specifically that there is a minimum term to the contract which must be respected. This is entirely unrelated to Orange's T&Cs.
For clarity, because I can see this is going to keep coming up, you agreed to our Terms and Conditions and these still apply no matter what Orange may or may not do. Part of this is an agreement that you will fulfill your obligations to a minimum contract term in return for us offering discounted handsets and free gifts.
Regards
Ben“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
Hi
You agreed to our Terms and Conditions when you placed the order, and we sent you a copy of these T&Cs.
These do not relate to call charges etc, but to the terms of doing business with Mobiles.co.uk and specifically that there is a minimum term to the contract which must be respected. This is entirely unrelated to Orange's T&Cs.
For clarity, because I can see this is going to keep coming up, you agreed to our Terms and Conditions and these still apply no matter what Orange may or may not do. Part of this is an agreement that you will fulfill your obligations to a minimum contract term in return for us offering discounted handsets and free gifts.
Regards
Ben
So what you are saying is, that the handset was purchased from you (therefore your T&C) but the calling contract from Orange - via YOU.
So if someone let's say took new SIM card from you for the existing handset, they would be only bound to the remaining time of YOUR contract.
There must be something between you and Orange - they must offer YOU some incentive to then pass on to your customers... Otherwise you and your reputation is screwed..(excuse the language, but it's the most fitting word)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards