We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…5960626465…235

Comments

  • I contacted mobiles.co.uk a couple of days ago and asked them if I would be in breach of their T&C if i negotiated a reduction IN THE COST OF MY TARIFF. This is their reply:

    Hello,

    Thank you for your email.

    It is at the discretion of the network provider to reduce your tariff
    therefore you are not in breach of anything.

    If Orange have authorised this, our terms and conditions are
    irrelevant as we are simply the service introducer.

    I hope this clarifies your queries.

    Kind Regards,




    --
    Regards
    ====
    Lubna Azim
    Customer Services Advisor
    Customer.servcies@mobiles.co.uk
    * * *
    Mobiles.co.uk Customer Services Team
    http://!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • paulmx3
    paulmx3 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Because this situation is still under discussion with Orange it doesn't make sense for me to comment further, other than to reiterate that you must be aware that you agreed to Mobiles.co.uk T&Cs which are still in force.

    Obviously this situation is not ideal but T&Cs are there to protect both the business and the customer.

    but the terms and conditions have been changed,you cant have terms and conditions and say the alteration of some has no bearing on the contract as a whole,orange have held there hands up to this and its costing them,if someone was to take the terms and conditions you posted above and argued it i cant see how you have a leg to stand on.

    unlucky......
  • Cheers for the info ben.
    One question I have.

    Some of the tariffs on offer from yourself are at a discount. So I am paying £30 a month for Dolphin 40, when usually it would be £40 a month.

    If I contact orange and get a discount (say £5), would that be off what I'm paying now (so would be £25 a month), or would it be off the full dolphin 40 price (and so I would end up paying £35 a month)? Thanks.
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    pjmoore wrote: »
    I contacted mobiles.co.uk a couple of days ago and asked them if I would be in breach of their T&C if i negotiated a reduction IN THE COST OF MY TARIFF.

    Note that this doesn't refer to discounted line rental, which is only payable if the customer remains on the same tariff.
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    paulmx3 wrote: »
    but the terms and conditions have been changed,you cant have terms and conditions and say the alteration of some has no bearing on the contract as a whole,orange have held there hands up to this and its costing them,if someone was to take the terms and conditions you posted above and argued it i cant see how you have a leg to stand on.

    unlucky......

    Orange's T&Cs have changed.

    Mobiles.co.uk T&Cs are unaffected.
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Because this situation is still under discussion with Orange it doesn't make sense for me to comment further, other than to reiterate that you must be aware that you agreed to Mobiles.co.uk T&Cs which are still in force.

    Obviously this situation is not ideal but T&Cs are there to protect both the business and the customer.

    Hi Ben,

    With due respect, the T&Cs are clearly protecting the business only as the customers are having to put up with increased charges due to implications for cancelling the second set of T&C with mobiles.co.uk.

    On a different note, wonder why orange T&Cs state the phone is outside the airtime contract? Surely, they could have also introduced the clause return the phone or fulfil your minimum term.
  • Orange's T&Cs have changed.

    Mobiles.co.uk T&Cs are unaffected.

    Ben,

    So what do we do with our handsets from mobiles.co.uk now that we've been screwed by Orange?

    Thanks
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Orange's T&Cs have changed.

    Mobiles.co.uk T&Cs are unaffected.

    Price changed - so how is it unaffected? You cannot do nothing!
    You might as well close the shop if you do!
  • paulmx3
    paulmx3 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Orange's T&Cs have changed.

    Mobiles.co.uk T&Cs are unaffected.

    like i said unlucky orange have done you over too.

    take it like a man.......
  • manny202
    manny202 Posts: 16 Forumite
    paulmx3 wrote: »
    like i said unlucky orange have done you over too.

    take it like a man.......



    Likewise if you were to try and recoup the cost of the hadset, most you were advertising for free, so you would be entitled to a big 0. Mine was free and from mobiles.co.uk about a month ago and my cancellations going through. Your terms are clearly flawed and void by orange and wouldnt stand up 2 mins in court.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.