We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Orange's T&Cs have changed.
Mobiles.co.uk T&Cs are unaffected.
Ben
As i have said in a PM to you.
I think your company will have to resolve this issue and fast. As many other companies appear to have
As i would imagine in a court of law your T&C would be deemed unfair in this situation. And therfore invaild.
What stance did mobiles.co.uk take when loads of people cancelled contract with 3 with they removed of the 3 like home service ?????????????????
Regards
Andy0 -
Because this situation is still under discussion with Orange it doesn't make sense for me to comment further, other than to reiterate that you must be aware that you agreed to Mobiles.co.uk T&Cs which are still in force.
Obviously this situation is not ideal but T&Cs are there to protect both the business and the customer.
Ben, with regards to mobiles.co.uk T&Cs it states "or (iv) you end the Airtime Contract for any reason within 9 months (if your Minimum Period is 12 months or more)", I purchased my phone in December 2008 and if I cancel my contract in 7 days time, making 8 months I've had my contact, plus the 30 day cancellation period with orange making 9 months, will I still have to return my phone?0 -
Just phoned orange and cancelled no problem, I went through mobiles.co.uk and Orange guy informed me I didn't need to alert them or do anything at all. Not saying take this as fact, just what I was told.0
-
I was told exactly the same thing from Orange...0
-
I suggest you push it - because clients only have 30 days from being aware of the price change to cancel the contract.
Surely if all your customers turn around now and return your phones - knackered, scratched and worthless - you will lose on this as well. Not mentioning that your reputation is already very thin thanks to this. You sold your customers product which has now changed and is going to cost them dearly.
From mobiles.co.uk:
"Dear Customer,
If you are cancelling before the time frame for an upgrade would be authorised you will need to return the handset to ourselves in brand new condition or send us a cheque for the value of the handset.
I hope this is of help.
Regards"
And it keeps going on...now I have to return a brand new handset as against just return the handset as in the T&Cs.0 -
PLEASE can someone help me iv gone through all the previous posts but no hasnt asked about the people who are on the 'comes with music' tarriff would i be able to disconect for free as i cant find anywhere if the new prices will effect me or not, cheers0
-
hellraiser11 wrote: »From mobiles.co.uk:
"Dear Customer,
If you are cancelling before the time frame for an upgrade would be authorised you will need to return the handset to ourselves in brand new condition or send us a cheque for the value of the handset.
I hope this is of help.
Regards"
And it keeps going on...now I have to return a brand new handset as against just return the handset as in the T&Cs.
The Value of my handset was 0 , it was free!!
So what does this mean ben??0 -
Whats the betting he doesnt come back on here again? (The guy from Mobiles.co.uk)
Dont think he was expecting a backlash quite this bad!0 -
No backlash, you just can't answer every question with our T&C's haven't changed.
0 -
The Value of my handset was 0 , it was free!!
So what does this mean ben??
lol send them a cheque for £0,they fail to see that when you take out a contract there is a price for each phone be it free,£20,£50....but in any case the price of the phone is as advertised and by accepting you as a customer they are accepting the fact that that is the price you are going to pay.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards