• fatlad9
    fatlad9 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    yep theyre super duper
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi i waited till today to trade in an old phone but now the main buyers like Mazuma will not offer any money for it. It is old Siemens A51 and it was only worth a pound before, can anyone think whether i can make any money from it. It is an old phone but works beautifully?
    :j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • knitwit1
    Options
    I've got an envelope from Mazuma and they've quoted me £112 for my phone - am a bit worried about sending it through the post in a flimsy plastic envelope by 2nd class ordinary post though! Would it be ok to send in a jiffy bag by recorded delivery (I know I'll have to pay for this) to the address on the plastic envelope?
  • Arcana
    Arcana Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Does Mazuma, or any other phone recycler for that matter accept locked phones?
    I'm trying to unlock my N95 8 GB and Samsung S5600 but it somehow appears to be rather difficult.
  • knitwit
    knitwit Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    I put my Nokia N95 details in on 29th March, they offered a few pence less than some other similar sites but after reading the reviews I thought I'd deal with them.
    I received the free post envelope the next day, I paid extra for special delivery and posted it back the same day.
    On 31st March I received an email to say they had received it and later the same day a message to say the money had been transferred into my account.
    The money is now in my bank account.
    Brilliant Service :T
  • Mazuma
    Mazuma Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    knitwit1 wrote: »
    I've got an envelope from Mazuma and they've quoted me £112 for my phone - am a bit worried about sending it through the post in a flimsy plastic envelope by 2nd class ordinary post though! Would it be ok to send in a jiffy bag by recorded delivery (I know I'll have to pay for this) to the address on the plastic envelope?

Hi Knitwit1

The freepost bags we supply are a 1st class postal service but typically take 2-3 days to arrive. We always recommend that you wrap your phone in tissue or bubble wrap before placing it into the bag. We recommend that you send higher value handsets (like yours) via Special Delivery. This will cost you about £5 but will be delivered to us next day and give you up to £500 loss/damage cover. You can use any packaging (inc our freepost bag) for special delivery. Please make sure it has our full address and that you enclose the delivery note.

Hope this helps :)

Mazuma Mobile
  • Mazuma
    Options
    Arcana wrote: »
    Does Mazuma, or any other phone recycler for that matter accept locked phones?
    I'm trying to unlock my N95 8 GB and Samsung S5600 but it somehow appears to be rather difficult.

Hi Arcana

We accept locked (Network/PIN) handsets as standard. Full value applies.

Hope this helps :)

Mazuma Mobile
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you wish to post on behalf of Mazuma then you need to have permission as per the FAQ here...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs#companies
  • Mazuma
    Options
    Hi Edinburghlass

We emailed a number of weeks ago with a request but did not get a reply. We have just emailed another resquest.

We will refrain from answering any further user questions until we hear from you.

Thanks

Mazuma Mobile
  • breathingdust
    Options
    I have an iPhone 3G and was considering sending it to mazuma mobile.

Its in fully working order, but the back is very scuffed, theres a chip in the case near the bottom and there are a couple small scratches on the screen.

Would they decrease the amount paid for this or is it enough that it works?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure