Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Mazuma

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Waxiaddict
    Options
    Anyone help please...

Sent a device off to Mazuma Mobile, they received it at 8am yesterday morning, received the email to say it will be processed and paid the same day, come 430pm the status changed to Pending within my account, no processed email or payment received... anyone else had this and what does pending mean, as there is a list or order statuses meanings under order list and this isn’t on it...unless it means processed?

I’m lost and tbh annoyed.

Thanks
  • BoyWithTheBlues
    Options
    I can see via Royal Mai tracking they received my mobile on Friday. No payment despite them saying they will send payment on the very same day.

No biggie. I'm sure it will come through on Monday. I saw that their e-mails have been down so they are maybe experiencing slight delays.
  • EmMcQ82
    Options
    stuart.d wrote: »
    I sent my LG G5 to Mazuma in good working order and was advised on the 14th June 2018 that the phone had been received. I then received an e-mail a little later in the day stating that the phone had a defective LCD screen "White mark (s) in display. Mostly visible on white background.". It stated that this would result in the offer being reduced from £80 to £20 which I was not happy with as the phone was in perfect working order. I used the link within the e-mail on the same day (14th) to request that my phone be returned to me and it loaded a web page stating I would be contacted. I waited to hear from them about my request for the handset to be returned and then on the 22nd I get two e-mails stating that my phone has been sold and I would receive a cheque for £20. I revisited the link and clicked on it again and it stated you have already contacted us about this order!

Mazuma Mobile have refused to return my phone, I have yet to see any payment from them and they flatly refuse to acknowledge my complaint. I'm looking at options to progress this with trading standards and i'm considering raising it as theft with the police as they are refusing to return my property.

The Mazuma website is also seriously flawed from a security standpoint as well as the apparent issues with requesting your phone to be returned, it does not support TLS 1.2 (only TLS 1.0 which is considered insecure). It stills supports weak Diffie-Hellman key exchange parameters and does not support Forward Secrecy or AEAD cipher suites. This is not good when you consider you are entering personal information into the site.

Hi Stuart.d, did you resolve this matter with them, as the exact same thing happened to me? They are claiming I did not click on the link to reject, and I know full well I did. The supervisor I spoke to today even admitted that other customers have experienced this.

To anyone else reading this post, don't use Mazuma. They claimed there was a fault with the phone screen (there wasn't), so they offered a ridiculously low amount. I clicked on the email they sent to reject the offer. Double-checked and clicked on the link again, then a couple of weeks later no phone and they'd paid the lower offer into my account - which I had rejected in the original email. They can't tell me where my original phone is and refuse to acknowledge or take my complaint seriously.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure