BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Options

Comments

• gtz101
    gtz101 Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    Clauses 16.1. and 16.2 refer to contracts where bills must be returned to claim cashback. Clause 16.6 refers to contracts where cashback is automatic and bills do not need to be returned to claim cashback.

I'm confused with this.
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    The automatic cashback and normal cashback are completely different things.
    The phones with automatic cashback are not that good and payout less, but yes you don't have to send your bills in and you are offered one lump sum paid directly by bacs.

However their normal cashback deals you send the bills and vouchers in and get paid in stages via bacs.

I would not choose any automatic cashback deals as they dont pay much to be honest.
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • gtz101
    gtz101 Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    ok I see, I now get it. Cheers :)
  • GoodFun
    GoodFun Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I must say I am quite impressed by their claim processing. I posted my first claim to them yesterday by recorded signed for delivery. Today I got an email from them confirming that the claim has been successful (now that is quick!) and that payment would follow in 56 days directly to my bank account.
  • djphatic
    djphatic Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I recently started a contract with BuyMobilePhones and found there service to be very quick and have had no problems, though I did return the handset and cancel the contract as I did not like the phone after trying it out and looking into the contract more I realised it was no good for me.

I went for one of the deals with a free PS3 and sent off my proof of signature and address as soon as I got my phone and I received the PS3 within 7 days, though they did send it out the day I contacted them to say I was returning the handset and cancelling.

Now im in abit of a situation as I have a PS3 delivered to me which has not yet been opened and ive cancelled my contract with them. Im waiting for someone to contact me and ask me to return it but I dont fancy ringing them to tell them about it incase of a small chancethey forget about it (very unlikely but you never know).

Ive looked through their terms and conditions and im not totally clear and what will happen. Can they just take the money out of my account without permission to cover the cost of the PS3 if i dont notify them and return it? Even if I do return it, its going to cost my £10+ to send it back which I cannot seem them refunding.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark
  • Adrian_london
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just to let you know what is hapening with me so please use this as a warning.

I bought a phone/contract from Buymobilephones.net It was with T-Mobile on a 12 month contract.

The deal was 12 months free line rental as long as I sent BMP.net the first 4 bills (originals) within 14 days of the billing date. Then the next 4 bills (originals) etc etc.

I already have a contract with T-mobile and my billing date is on the 11th of the month.

I took out the contract on the 13th November 2006. So, the first bill with my new contract was on 11th dec. So, I sent BMP.net Dec, Jan, Feb and Mar bills (all originals of course).

Today I received an email from them telling me that they were not going to pay me any moeny as that was not my first bill.

This is the email
    Dear Adrian,

Your cash back claim was declined as you did not adhere to the terms and conditions which state to send in your 1st 4 bills whereas you sent in bills 2,3,4 and 5 making your claim late so the rebates team will be making no payments on any claims as per the terms state.

Regards
    Customer Services

I then wrote back to them with the following email

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your brief email. I will make my email just as brief.

I have spoken to T-Mobile and they have informed me that I have sent you the correct bills to receive my cashback. The contract was taken out on November 13th 2006. This means that my first 4 bills are as follows:-

December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007

Those were the bills that I sent you which you received within 14 days of the billing date (March 11th 2007).

I look forward to receiving my cashback from you. Obviously if I do not receive my monies owed to me within the next 28 days then I will have no hesitation in taking this matter further to receive my monies.

Regards,

Mr. Adrian Wingate

I then got This response

Dear Adrian,

You did not send in your 1st 4 bills the bill you are saying is your 1st has a previous balance meaning you had a bill in November, therefore the rebates decision is final.

Regards
    Customer Services

Then I replyed with this

Dear Customer Services

And if you took a closer look at that bill you will realise that the previous balance is from other numbers that I have with T-Mobile. Again, I look forward to receiving my monies. Obviously I will again remind you that if I do not receive me monies within 28 days I will be taking this matter further.

Regards,

MR Adrian Wingate

I then sent them ANOTHER email. It read as follows

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.

In order to narrow down the issues and so as to avoid any doubt, kindly confirm the Bill Dates of the respective 4 bills I forwarded to you together with the invoices nos. of each bill.

I believe they are as follows:-

1) 11 December 2006 V0029*******
    2) 11 January 2007 V0029*******
    3) 11 February 2007 V0030*******
    4) 11 March 2007 V0031*******

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
    Mr. Adrian Wingate

I am going to struggle with this compnay to get my money back. I will keep you posted if you are interested to let you know what happens.

Anyone else had any problems with this company? (Buymobilephones.net)

Adrian
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just to let you know what is hapening with me so please use this as a warning.

<SNIP>

Have you checked the line rental charge quoted on the first bill. If it is charging line rental from the date of your purchase, then this ought to be enough for you to convince them that you are correct.

If you have no luck in convincing them of your eligibility, feel free to email me and I'll see if I can apply the necessary pressure to get things sorted for you.

HtH
    Reestit Mutton
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
  • Adrian_london
    Options
    This is the email I received today (13-4-07) from Buymobilephones.net

Hi Adrian,

Just with regards to our telephone conversation, i can only apologise for our mistake and really hope it doesn't put you off us we are a good company really ive been here 8 years so we cant be that bad :-) .

You are now down to be paid and i will try my best to get this paid ASAP.

Kind Regards
    Rebates

Thank you Reestit Mutton for your assistance thankfully it wasn't required.
  • Adrian_london
    Options
    Dear all

Luckily for me I knew I was right and wasn't willing to give in. I'm sure that I'm teaching granny how to suck eggs on this web site but I think it is very crucial that people do not just except what these companies say as gospel.

Dig deeper and be like a pitbull. Never let go until you've had enough.

I hope other people do not have the same problem I had.

Adrian
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    This is the email I received today (13-4-07) from Buymobilephones.net

Hi Adrian,

Just with regards to our telephone conversation, i can only apologise for our mistake and really hope it doesn't put you off us we are a good company really ive been here 8 years so we cant be that bad :-) .

You are now down to be paid and i will try my best to get this paid ASAP.

Kind Regards
    Rebates

Thank you Reestit Mutton for your assistance thankfully it wasn't required.

Firstly...I'm glad that you managed to sort it out without having to resort to legal manoeuvres - I genuinely felt that it was looking like a cashback handler with a shortage of brain cells hadn't bothered to read between the lines when faced with your non-standard looking first bill. It seems that someone with the requisite number of brain cells has finally stepped in to reassess your claim.

Secondly...it's also great when customers bother to update these forums with positive outcomes as, all too often, those with negative opinions tend to shout the loudest.

ciao,
    Reestit Mutton
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure