BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Options

Comments

• graham73
    Options
    I sort of agree with you there Takecareofthepennies, however they really shouldn't be offering free gifts if they really don't want you to take the offer up. Sainsbury's don't make you jog round the shop backwards and pay with two penny pieces to take advantage of the offers they run, nor does any other type of retail outlet.

What they should do is just pay it without silly requirements or at least have decent customer services that are helpful and understanding - replying to emails and answering phone calls should be standard and not thought of as good CS, it's the minimum level of CS you should experience.

Anyway, I was thinking of using them for the SE K610i phone but with the mixed reports, I'm thinking of sticking to OSPS or e2save, not 100% sure yet but I need to do something quickish.
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    I like the analogy ... and you are right, of course.

The only reason I went for bmp again was because they had the only 100 % refund offer on any of the mobiles I was considering and I was confident I'd manage to juggle the paperwork.

If any of the outlets with a better feedback have a good offer when changeover time comes up again, I'm definitely not married to bmp.
  • I bought from this company last year and although they did honour their agreement they certainly werent pleased about it.

My daughter purchased an 18month cashback deal back in september 06, followed the claim instructions to the letter but has had no joy in getting any cashback.
    Emails, letters, phone calls all receive no response, no cashback. Zero.
    I dont think they are interested once theyve got your order.

They sent my daughters phone out without an instruction book and seriously kicked off when one was requested,"not our fault" "we dont stock spares" "you dont need one of those, its an easy phone to use" :eek:
    They only sent one out when the Governments consumer advice center got involved

I wouldnt reccomend this company if my life depended on it.

You have been warned!!!:think: :think:
  • GoodFun
    GoodFun Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I purchased an orange contract (18 months) with them in December 2006 and am due to send my first claim next month. I have a quick question. As per the terms and conditions I only have 14 days from the date of the bill issue to submit my cashback claim. This makes it extremely tight cosidering the bill takes around 7-10 days to arrive in the post.

Why cant they just accept printout of the online bill as proof? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that there is some consumer law which ensures that contracts are fair and easy to comply with for the customer. This should be applicable to cashback and phone contracts too.

My first bill did not arrive from orange and I queried orange who sent me a duplicate bill. I asked buymobilephones.net if they would accept the duplicate bill as proof and they replied that they accept duplicates issued by orange as it is like the original! The problem is the if I miss one claim due to delays in receiving the bill I lose all the money.

My question is whether I can effectively force them to accept bill printouts or just keep praying that the bills arrive on time?
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    At the end of the day, they only have such restrictive terms because they would (understandably) prefer to add your cashback to their profits. Consequently, they will probably try to enforce it to the letter.

I take your point on consumer rights and contract law, though. The only bother is that with this outfit you might really have to take them to court.

Make sure you send your paperwork by "signed for" delivery, track it on the Royal Mail website, and print out the proof of delivery.

My latest claim has gone through without a problem so far (I haven't had the money yet, but they have confirmed receipt and approval of my claim).

Good Luck!
  • Ystrad_Lad
    Options
    I've just been looking at BMP but I'm not happy at what i've found.

Their website claims a sales turnover of £8,000,000 per annum and they say they've been trading since 1997.

However a quick check on the Companies House website reveals that they were incorposated on 17th March 2006, less than a year ago!

They haven't filed any returns yet so boasting of an £8M t/o is a bit rich.

If anyone is interested their registered address is

Name & Registered Office:
    BUYMOBILEPHONES.NET LIMITED
    5 PROSPECT PLACE
    MILLENNIUM WAY PRIDE PARK
    DERBY
    DERBYSHIRE DE24 8HG
    Company No. 05747550
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    Good groundwork, Ystrad Lad!

I first dealt with them in November 2005, so they were definitely around then. Maybe not as a Limited Company?? I'll see if I still have the old paperwork ...

Wonder how they calculate their turnover though. Given that most of the time the customer pays nothing to them, that must be all in commission from the networks.
  • Ystrad_Lad
    Options
    You're right, they may have been trading as a partnership or sole trader even.

It'll be interesting to see their accounts when they come out!
  • Christal_2
    Options
    I'm trying to get a new mobile contract and have found the best deal on https://www.buymobilephones.net it's a cashback deal of £360, and effectively my phone and calls will be free if I get all my money back at the end of the term.

But as I never heard of this website before so a bit hesitated to place the order, does anyone have experience of their cashback deals? Any advice will be much apprecaited.
  • slojo
    slojo Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    Christal wrote:
    I'm trying to get a new mobile contract and have found the best deal on https://www.buymobilephones.net it's a cashback deal of £360, and effectively my phone and calls will be free if I get all my money back at the end of the term.

But as I never heard of this website before so a bit hesitated to place the order, does anyone have experience of their cashback deals? Any advice will be much apprecaited.

Just received my third and final payment for two 12 month free contracts (me and mrs s), £840 in total for the year. No problems at all.

Unfortunately the 12 month deals are now one per household so will have to get one elsewhere but will definitely be sticking with buymobilephones for one of our contracts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure