BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Options

Comments

• Adrian_london
    Options
    I would say that all's well that ends well but I think I'll wait to see the money in my bank account before I use that famous saying.

The woman who I spoke to on the phone today from BMP.net to clarify the information told me that she called T-mobile and they said one thing and then called them back and said another.

Who knows who said what. At least I got the problem sorted.
  • Adrian_london
    Options
    As rule of thumb, most companies offer a !!!! quality mobile phone with 12 free line rental on 12 month contract BUT they are easier to get the line rental back.

BMP.net seem to offer good phones on a 12 free line rental 12 month contract basis.

So, how are they going to make their money you ask??? Obvious, they try not to pay out. Simple!!!!

As long as they have people like me, they will have to pay out people. They must HATE people like me!!!!!

Like I've said on previous post, most people who use MSE are astute and have their paperwork in order. It is the poor suckers who don't follow up the "sorry, you broke the T&C's" who suffer.

Adrian
  • da77enj
    da77enj Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Wondering if anyone has a copy of buymobiephones.net vouchers for 12 month contract cashbacks? Heard they are fairly generic. Have successfully claimed cashback 1 which is of fairly low value but have lost vouchers 2 and 3. Dohhh!

Has anyone had any experience of trying to claim without the vouchers? Have a horrible feeling that they are going to get to keep a few hundred quid of my money...

Any advice appreciated...
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    I believe the vouchers actually have BMP's order no. printed on them. Will check for you later though.
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    Worse than I thought - sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

The vouchers have name, full address, and order no. on them. In addition, there is a 16-digit code at the bottom - which may well be for show only, however.

Learn from it and invest in a lever arch file ... :confused:
  • da77enj
    da77enj Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks anyway Tcotp! Yes, a file is a good idea lol!

Knew buymobilephones.net didn't have the greatest reputation and knew how the system worked but never thought i would be one of the suckers to get had by them. Kicking myself, but it looks like they've got me well stitched up (to the tune of £280).

Reestit Mutton sent me a generic e-mail which seems to be what they previously used. Thanks RM for your time and kindness. Will maybe have a go with the e-mail. Never know, I may be judging them prematurely. Will let you all know how it goes next month when my next cashback is due.

Advice to anyone else going for one of these deals. Don't want to state the obvious but think it is worth re-emphasizing that 12 or 18 months allows plenty of time to lose a document (letter, voucher or bill). T&C's are set out to maximise your chances of "slipping up". One mistake and the phone company pockets your hard earned money (and lots of it). IF YOU TAKE ON ONE OF THESE CONTRACTS READ T&C's VERY CAREFULLY THEN STORE ALL OF YOUR DOCUMENTS AND BILLS ETC IN A SAFE AND ORGANISED MANNER (NOT ON A SHELF OR IN A DRAWER).
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    Good luck with that.

Think I'm on my third contract through bmp now and although they have always paid me so far, I will probably go with one of the providers with better feedback next time. Don't think I should support a company that employs such tactics.
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    IMO I think BMP are one of the best companies I have used for cashback, when the bill gets sent in I always receive an e-mail saying that the order has been received and accepted. They pay straight into my bank account and have always been within the deadlines stated in the T&C's.
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • Takecareofthepennies
    Options
    I agree with you, they always pay if you make sure you cross all your T's and dot all your I's. If you look earlier in this thread, I actually defended them.

However, they do seem to make it as difficult as they possibly can to meet all their conditions. Also, their communication is patchy at best in my experience.
  • nuttyphilt
    nuttyphilt Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    When do the vouchers typically get sent out by buymobilephones? I'm going to Australia in 10 days time (for 3 months) and thought it'd be good to get a free 3 contract seeing as they do free roaming with 3 Australia. But if the vouchers don't turn up by Friday then it's going to be tricky to chase up....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure