BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Options
1113114115116117119»

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    I have lots of phones so usually sell new ones now to add to the profit. Cheapest deals now are around £4-5. Far too much - but I still have 7 contracts so will be ok if needbe for another year or so. The very high end phones were never on the profitable deals - but did get one or two from this dealer which sold for a packet.

Unfortunately the greed of the networks and enthusiasm of the lets protect granny brigade has destroyed the competition - and that always means higher prices for everyone.

Remember those days with free 12 month contracts and phones from many different sources? Ah me...
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am slightly irked by someone called 'Burlington Group' that are chasing me for money.

Apparently linked to BMP, they sent me a letter about owing money but failed to respond to three emails from me about it asking for more information.

Now I have another letter from them accusing ME of ignoring them.

I have fully paid up all my contracts so do not believe I owe them anything.

I am waiting for BG to call me back about it as I spoke to them about this last night.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    This is now a common occurrence. It's because (whether you understood it or not) you actually took out two contracts - one with the network and one with the dealer. Part of the details terms is that they can claim back the cost of the phone should you terminate the contract before the end of the minimum term (whether you paid it up or not).

You can argue a lesser amount due based on their lost commission for early termination (though the amount will be difficult if not impossible to ascertain, so you could try arguing the value of the phone at the point you terminated the contract and offer that). Some have apparently refused to pay anything and had it written off (perhaps depending on the timescale between terminatiuon and any claim of debt from the dealer).

There are lots of threads on this issue with this company (and its associated clones - A1Comms is the actual owner of the dealers concerned). If you search the forums for buymobilephones.net you will find many such threads, including this one:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5205038&highlight=buymobilephones+net

If you have legal expenses cover for consumer purchases with a home insurance policy it would be worth checking out the details of your contract with the dealer (though if you failed to print a copy at the point of sale that may prove difficult at the very least) and calling your advice line to get free legal advice on it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5205038&highlight=buymobilephones+net
  • grayme-m
    Options
    I don't think they would have a leg to stand on legally with how they are conducting themselves, added on top of how I didn't end the contract early other than possibly porting my number to a new contract within a few days before the end of the contract (which is standard and within the minimum terms of the service provider).

Sounds like unfair terms to me...
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    In those circumstances it does seem odd. I would contact Buymobiles/A1 Comms and put that to them, asking the basis of the claim.
  • grayme-m
    Options
    I have done. I am waiting for both BMP and BG to get back to me with what they are claiming for.

Given BG's past on this, I don't expect anything.
  • grayme-m
    Options
    Managed to get confirmation that it was an error. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure