BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Options

Comments

• alric
    alric Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    since they have ignored my emails,I too would like to know whom to complain to, and the likely outcome if I cancel my direct debit to O2
  • devendragera
    Options
    I bought a phone from buymobilephones.net in April. I called them up at that time asking about how would I get the cash back. The lady told me that I would need to send back the invoices. I tried calling them now. They are telling me that because I did not claim in 4 months, I have lost all the cash back. I am surprised and shocked. The guy was also very rude. Is there any way out to get the cash back ?

Thanks in Advance...
  • alric
    Options
    I haven' got any cashback from them yet.I had the phone since february.
    I just checked with O2, I've been paying an extra 25quid fo the last 3 months.
    Apparently it was free for the first 6 months.I don't remember anything like that on the contract.Where can I get the details?
    They wouldn't talk about cashback on the phone, said I had to email that department. They have not replied to my emails. So an absolute RIPOFF

Looks like I have to pursue this in the small claims court.And find proof that I posted the bills on time.
  • junkeyslutz
    Options
    I got a contract with them in January 2006, recieved 1st cashback cheque within 1 month of submitting bills, 2nd cashback had me waiting for a cheque as I hadn't been told that cashback would be paid straight into bank account, emailed them, had a reply the next day, saying that cashback had been paid into my bank account (Took 6 weeks from sending off bills).

So no problems for me
    Nothing happens until something moves.
  • scchin
    scchin Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I had a cashback deal from mobilemadness.com. Think I must be mad as they do not honour their cashback deals....not sure if they still exist, but i think they do.

any one with similar scenarios? I've tried threatening them to trading standards, etc, but no luck. and my post finally got returned, with no forwarding address.
  • alric
    Options
    They didn't answer my email AGAIN.
    I see their cashback conditions keep changing, but nowhere can I find or confirm details of my own contract.
    I did read their T+Cs,you are not allowed to change your bank account(which isn't what A&L told me after I got my charges back from them)
    My guess is that the courts will find their T&Cs to be a farce
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    alric wrote:
    They didn't answer my email AGAIN.
    I see their cashback conditions keep changing, but nowhere can I find or confirm details of my own contract.
    I did read their T+Cs,you are not allowed to change your bank account(which isn't what A&L told me after I got my charges back from them)
    My guess is that the courts will find their T&Cs to be a farce

Contact them on 0800 0195333. I have a contract with them and this new clause came in about you not being able to change ur bank acc after i signed. I just gave them a ring and they changed it for me on their system.
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    I took a contract with them last month....fingers crossed
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Options
    I'm looking for a new phone and used Reestit to find the best deals. Most of the free line rental (through Cashback) is with BUY MOBILE PHONES (http://www.buymobilephones.net/)
    Has anyone had a good/bad experience with them and getting their cash back?
    Any views much appreciated
    TIA
    Scruffy :p
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • mike_the_bike_2
    Options
    It's a good deal if the company is still around to provide you with the cash back..bear in mind as lot of this outfits either operate from someones back room or from premises that are rented by the week..

If they go belly up or disappear you will have no recourse from the service provider to get any "cash back"
    The Early bird may catch the worm ...but its the second mouse that gets all the cheese!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure