Greasypalm Feedback Thread

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Money Saving Expert
edited 13 October 2009 at 7:47PM in Shop but don't drop

We're about to start reviewing our detailed guide to
Cashback Sites (also see the Cashback Maximiser tool). While the amount they payout is important, so is the payout reliability - do you actually get your money?
[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gifRegular users please answer the poll[/title]

Therefore we'd like those who use the sites on a reasonably regular basis to help feedback a poll on payout reliability and enter a discussion on any other issues surrounding the sites.
This thread is to discuss
GREASYPALM FEEDBACK
Please vote in the poll above and give your feedback in the discussion thread.
[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gifImportant - this is only about the last year[/title]
While in the past there were substantial problems with cashback sites, the big players have made attempts to improve reliability over the last year.
Therefore its important the feedback sticks to current performance, not issues that happened more than a year ago.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif Feedback on other cashback sites[/title]

There are also threads on the following other cashback sites

Thank you for your help

Martin

PS We will be monitoring these threads for any unusual or 'lobbying' voting patterns.
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Rate Greasypalm's reliability (1-5) at paying out cash earned over the last year 117 votes

5/5 No issues, quick and speedy
6% 8 votes
4/5 Minor glitches got all/vast majority of my cash though
11% 13 votes
3/5 Can be quite a grind, sometims payments missed
18% 22 votes
2/5 Unreliable I've not got my money on a no. of occassions
30% 36 votes
1/5 Awful hardly ever get the money due
32% 38 votes

Comments

• mccsavage
    mccsavage Posts: 200 Forumite
    have been with this site about 4 years, this is my top fav!!
  • This is the only cashback site i have ever resigned from and i am signed up to 14 sites. Very low cashback rates and although i have always received my cashback ok i do not have confidence in the bigger cashback offers for Bingo, Insurance etc
  • I agree with Babyboo :T Luckily I was just about able to reach 25.00 payout level due to 20.00 Sun Bingo and 5.00 in no spends.:rolleyes:
  • May I request we also get polls for both Fatcheese and GetPoundsBack?
    Fatcheese.co.uk - £1345.27 (Joined April 2009)
    Cashbackkings - £693.87 (Joined Feb 2008. No longer use)

Quidco - £937.38 (Joined 2007. No longer use)
    Rpoints - £2311.16 (Joined 2006. No longer use)
    TopCashback - £119.12 (Joined 2010)
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    greasypalm dont care if their retailers dont pay you, daily mail bingo stung us all. Severeal people on here signed up via them, we jsut got a ticket to say we havent got paid so neither are you.
  • I accumulated a lot of points; nearly got up to a higher level. Then they conveniently lost all my records so I never got any money back! I would recommend have nothing to do with this one.
  • Greasypalm, ok for smaller amounts, but i agree with most of the above, i signed upto a few bingo sites to boost the cashback, adhered to all the criteria etc etc, and never received a penny from most. Submitted a support ticket and received a response similar to above, They haven;t been paid so neither will i - Tough. Stopped using them cause it wont (like most) offer support on what is probably its main earner - EBAY, i use Nectar now to accumalate Nectar pointso n my ebay spends.
  • Pssst
    Pssst Posts: 4,803
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They still owe me £50 for a deal done more than three months back. After 120 days i intend to issue proceedings to recover the sum.
  • liz1376
    liz1376 Posts: 42
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've always have the small cashback amounts, ebay, play, etc, but on the 2 occasions I made big purchases, a ps3 from game and an ipod from apple website, I didn't get paid at all, and they weren't interested in sorting it.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    never used them, their name put me right off - - always imagine a couple of lads sitting at their computer, rubbing their greasy palms whilst salivating over their growing bank balance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure