Its Official Sky to increase cost of broadband .

Options
"We are making some changes to the pricing of our award-winning Sky Broadband service that we want to share with you.

Not only are more customers choosing Sky than any other broadband provider, but more and more of you are bundling together your TV, broadband and home phone services. We’re responding to this growing trend by adjusting our pricing so that the biggest savings are available to those customers who take Sky TV, Sky Broadband and Sky Talk together.

Most of our Sky Broadband customers already take all three services and so the planned changes will have no impact on them at all. As a Sky Talk customer, you will continue to make the biggest savings on your Sky Broadband service with no change to your monthly subscription.

However, as part of our commitment to being fair and transparent we want to provide those Sky Broadband customers who do not take Sky Talk with plenty of notice of the changes that may affect them.

From the 1st March 2009 the price of Sky Broadband Base, Mid and Max will increase by £5 per month for those customers who don’t take one of our Sky Talk packages. For example, this will mean that Sky Base customers will pay £5 per month - which will still make it the best value broadband package in the market, Sky Mid customers will pay £10 and Sky Max customers - who enjoy access to the UK’s only truly unlimited broadband package - will pay £15 per month. Sky Connect customers are not affected by these changes.

The changes in our pricing are our first since launching our broadband service over two years ago. Letters notifying affected customers will go out from the 25th of November. New customers joining Sky Broadband from the 25th of November will be told about the planned changes when they sign up.

Customers who have taken up Sky Broadband in the 6 months prior to the 25th November - and are not signed up to Sky Talk - will be exempt from the price changes until January 2010.

Any Sky Broadband customers who don’t yet take Sky Talk can take the opportunity to increase their monthly savings by signing up to either of our award winning Sky Talk packages - Sky Talk Freetime at no monthly fee, or Sky Talk Unlimited for £5 a month. By signing up to Sky Talk, customers will not only get a £5 discount on their broadband – effectively maintaining their current pricing - but it means that they may also make savings on their home phone bill as well. Please visit Sky.com for more information.

Thanks

Sky Broadband Team"

SOURCE: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/26662-update-sky-broadband-pricing-changes.html

Comments

• DatabaseError
    Options
    still a bargain!
    :)
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't regard a 100% rise in the cost of my mid broadband as a nice little deal. Its more like coercion to get you to take the talk product.
    02 is starting to look more attractive.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Sky Talk Freetime at no monthly fee, anybody on this. I am considering whether I should take it but still want to continue with bt line and 18185. Is this possible? Thanks
  • DatabaseError
    Options
    whay not have it and pay the fiver a month? still the best value deal in the country (for those with suitable usage)
  • Nex0
    Nex0 Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tonyhague wrote: »
    whay not have it and pay the fiver a month? still the best value deal in the country (for those with suitable usage)

I think o2 will be slightly better bang for buck.
  • DatabaseError
    Options
    o2 can beat £5/month??
    though I accept their higher priced packages could be cheaper than the sky alternatives
  • Nex0
    Nex0 Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tonyhague wrote: »
    o2 can beat £5/month??
    though I accept their higher priced packages could be cheaper than the sky alternatives

No there cheapset is £7.50 but you need a o2 phone of some description to get it for that price.

But then you need sky tv to get sky broadband for that price and some people may not want that.

Its like you say thlough swings and roundabouts and different packages suit some people better then others.
  • jessmist
    jessmist Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi just came across this on skyuser doesn't stop my price going up but might be good for some of you.
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/skyinfo/price_freezes_for_loyal_customers.html
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nex0 wrote: »
    No there cheapset is £7.50 but you need a o2 phone of some description to get it for that price.

But then you need sky tv to get sky broadband for that price and some people may not want that.

Its like you say thlough swings and roundabouts and different packages suit some people better then others.

O2 have given me 12 months free and 7.50 after, you need a O2 mobile I have gone for simplicity 10 pounds a month (use your own mobile) May be worth mentioning if you are negotiating with Sky.
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    this will mean that Sky Base customers will pay £5 per month - which will still make it the best value broadband package in the market
    I'd contest that.

Sky Base - £5 a month - 2Mb/s speed - 2GB Usage per month.
    Orange Starter - free for mobile contract customers - 8Mb/s speed - 10GB Usage per month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure