Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 18th Dec 19, 4:42 PM
    • 811Posts
    • 184Thanks
    Boohoo
    Breeze gone.
    • 18th Dec 19, 4:42 PM
    Breeze gone. 18th Dec 19 at 4:42 PM
    Another one gone today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-50756706
Page 10
    • rmtucker
    • By rmtucker 15th Jan 20, 8:16 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    rmtucker
    I have placed a complaint with Ofgem about there unfair process.
    I get the feeling British Gas is seizing an opportunity to make a few fast Bucks here.
    • NINJA59
    • By NINJA59 15th Jan 20, 8:21 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    NINJA59
    The 28 days nonsense is true and simply not being highlighted.

Ofgem wont get involved until really exhaust bg complaints procedure.
    • rmtucker
    • By rmtucker 15th Jan 20, 8:36 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    rmtucker
    The 28 days nonsense is true and simply not being highlighted.

Ofgem wont get involved until really exhaust bg complaints procedure.
    Originally posted by NINJA59

It is Ofgem i am complaining about not British Gas yet (but that is coming).
    This is all Ofgems fault.
    Why give bad advice like wait until you have been switched to BG before you switch to another company.
    Why not just let the consumer make up there own mind and not force everyone into Bg Extortionate Tariffs for the next 49Days after they have set up the account?
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 15th Jan 20, 8:49 PM
    • 2,383 Posts
    • 2,125 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    No where in the Ofgem advice does it mention having to stay with BG for 28 days and I was certainly told by BG that I could switch away as soon as my account was set up!

Edit: I've just been on BG Chat and have now been told I can move away within the first 14 days after the account has been set up.
    Last edited by Chocmonster7; 15-01-2020 at 9:04 PM.
    • rmtucker
    • By rmtucker 15th Jan 20, 9:18 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    rmtucker
    No where in the Ofgem advice does it mention having to stay with BG for 28 days and I was certainly told by BG that I could switch away as soon as my account was set up!

Edit: I've just been on BG Chat and have now been told I can move away within the first 14 days after the account has been set up.
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7

Well that is exactly what i did checked with BG that the account was set up.
    But the application By Yorkshire energy to switch was auto rejected.
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 15th Jan 20, 10:09 PM
    • 4,404 Posts
    • 63,759 Thanks
    Zanzib
    I looked at the info email British Gas sent me with the dates my energy supplies are estimated to officially change- electricity is tomorrow- and nowhere did it CLEARLY spell out there was any embargo before I could switch.

I'll be contacting them tomorrow.
    • peterx
    • By peterx 16th Jan 20, 10:54 AM
    • 135 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    peterx
    Well its the 16th and no account set up.I will definitely be moving at the first opportunity.Anybody with information please post.These rates we are paying now are ridiculous.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Jan 20, 11:36 AM
    • 2,139 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    katies mum
    Have not heard anything from BG, logged onto my account with them and it just says:

It's time to give us your opening meter reading

Thank you for choosing us as your gas supplier. We're working on getting you switched over as soon as we can.

Quarterly Cash/Cheque

Gas tariff

Cap Tracker Plus Sep 2021
    Your order was placed on

31st Dec 2019
    We need your meter reading by 21st Jan 2020

Send my meter reading

Your estimated supply start date is

16th Jan 2020

Has anyone given them meter readings yet, and if so have you found your account to be up and running with them? (we were with Iresa and were transferred over to Octopus, that seemed so easy compared to Breeze /BG) I am also sure I didn`t have to wait after our account was opened with Octopus to move to a company of our choice)

Anyone had any luck yet?
    • NINJA59
    • By NINJA59 16th Jan 20, 11:58 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    NINJA59
    Right...so more of a story...

I have submitted my meter readings for electricity (my gas goes live tomorrow).

I have spoken at length via webchat to three people now to get a final "answer" to the saga regarding:
    • Bills from the 22nd December 2019 to 16th/17th January - who is billing and more critically what rate (even with my agreement in place to hang over them that if I got the BG rate they would compensate me the difference)
      Direct Debit (should I wish to)
      Opening Meter Readings
      Moving away

Bills from the 22nd December - to your "account going live and supply being live" and the account being setup (please remember this a bit later in this post) - these will be billed by BG and at BREEZE rates.

Direct Debit - can only be setup when both (elec and gas) supplies and account being live (17th in my case, despite my elec being live today)

Opening meter readings - done it, lost my sh*t as it only says sent basically, but if you read the bottom bit after doing it then it takes 48 hours. What I suggest people do is webchat or call them they are confirmed there and then (just WTF? 48 hours if I submit it online, but I call or use webchat it is fine...)

Once your account and supply goes live and is setup you cannot leave for 28 days because your account is not fully setup (please reread the above if you are really bloody confused about how long an account now takes to be quote in BG's eyes "setup").

After a long winded conversation basically the last bit is being "blamed" on BG not having historic data.

And addition if another BG CS rep says that they have "bought Breeze out" then I will start correcting them. FFS.

Blind leading the dumb when the customers know more than the supplier.

I have a conversation with a member of the complaints department as well now, he has called at the wrong times.
    • ABN
    • By ABN 16th Jan 20, 12:04 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    ABN
    As soon as I saw rmtucker’s post 178 started the move to octopus via this site.

Had thought about other companies including Yorkshire Energy which would have been cheaper and for a longer fix. But wanted to go for a more resilient company and since octopus had been a solr before felt they would be best to handle any complications.

That evening had an email from BG asking me to give opening GAS readings before 21st Jan. Since gave Breeze readingings on the 9th as requested, assume I’m getting free gas between 9th and 21st .

Dates and readings seem realy messed up but then would expect little else from BG.

Supplied BG my readings Gas and Elec but have heard nothing, no thank you for you readings email.

Octopus sent 2 emails this morning thanking for moving to them stating
    Start Date 2nd Feb.

Seems they know what they are doing fingers crossed.
    • JamesStam
    • By JamesStam 16th Jan 20, 12:10 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JamesStam
    I've had a request to submit a meter reading but it appears to be gas only. Anyone else?
    • Malti
    • By Malti 16th Jan 20, 12:11 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Malti
    This whole joint Ofgem / British Gas fiaso is driving me up the wall. I can't get hold of anyone by phone at British Gas, their webchat when it is working is run by morons and today I can't access my british gas account as they have created an account and pasword for me, not told me what the details are and when I try and log into their website I keep getting either "sorry we are having technical problems at the moment" or "502 bad gateway", probably because everyone else is trying to access their transferred account. Just got a message from their website say "w
    e are currently making upgrades to give you a better account experience" - shame it doesn't work!

Breeze was such an easy company to deal with, British Gas are deliverately making this as difficult as possible and the sooner we shift away from them the better.

I've got an email message from Breeze saying please pay us any debit, any credit will be via British Gas. My problem with this is I can't contact breeze to discuss this as the line is now dead and why isn't this being sorted by by british gas. Any ideas anyone?
    • NINJA59
    • By NINJA59 16th Jan 20, 12:26 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    NINJA59
    I've had a request to submit a meter reading but it appears to be gas only. Anyone else?
    Originally posted by JamesStam
    Your gas supply has gone live your electricity supply has not, hence the request.

This whole joint Ofgem / British Gas fiaso is driving me up the wall. I can't get hold of anyone by phone at British Gas, their webchat when it is working is run by morons and today I can't access my british gas account as they have created an account and pasword for me, not told me what the details are and when I try and log into their website I keep getting either "sorry we are having technical problems at the moment" or "502 bad gateway", probably because everyone else is trying to access their transferred account. Just got a message from their website say "w
    e are currently making upgrades to give you a better account experience" - shame it doesn't work!

Breeze was such an easy company to deal with, British Gas are deliverately making this as difficult as possible and the sooner we shift away from them the better.

I've got an email message from Breeze saying please pay us any debit, any credit will be via British Gas. My problem with this is I can't contact breeze to discuss this as the line is now dead and why isn't this being sorted by by british gas. Any ideas anyone?
    Originally posted by Malti
    I could get technical (I work in digital marketing and I will say the BG site is shocking, even when it is working), using Lighthouse in Chrome the BG website is simply:
    a) very big in terms of size (when you just use the home page it is huge in file size terms), Lighthouse gave it a performance score of 12/100.
    b) designed in such a way as to only really be any good on Internet Explorer/Edge, use IE/Edge and it is far quicker.

Who ever developed that site needs to be shot in a dark room, how could they have not designed something and tested something across all browsers, you know like normal people do these days and ensure they cater to the large proportion of say Chrome users. Idiots.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 16th Jan 20, 12:35 PM
    • 1,622 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Had a very discouraging discussion on the BG 'chat' facility this morning.

I had had an email from them in the past saying that my account should be ready 'after 16th Jan', so I took readings and started a 'chat' asking them how I can set up my account and what it's status was.

He said the account was now 'open ' and that I could create a log-in - he gave me my account number. I gave him the readings there and then - haven't had a chance to create the account yet.

I asked when I could leave for another supplier. He said in 28 days time! I asked why and he said something about the account not being fully set up - something about details needed to be set up on the national database. He also said that I would pay an exit fee if I moved before 2021. I challenged this and he backed down - he probably checked with a supervisor.

He still maintained that I could not start a move to another supplier until after 15th Feb.

I pointed out that Breeze stopped trading on 18th Dec 2019 and said it was totally unacceptable for me to have to wait two months to move away. I then asked how I could complain.

He said he would raise a complaint on my behalf - haven't received anything form BG yet (e.g. a confirmation of the complaint being raised).

What a shambles.

Now considering raising a complaint with Ofgem.
    • rmtucker
    • By rmtucker 16th Jan 20, 12:41 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    rmtucker
    After the switch was rejected yesterday.

I spoke to BG this morning and was told the reason it was rejected is because the account was only setup yesterday.
    I was also told that we have a 14day cooling off period to switch without problems (Thats a laugh!).
    Anyway had tried to enter meter readings via text/website/email and had no luck so i took the opportunity to give them over the phone while i was talking to him.

I have recontacted Yorkshire energy and asked them to re-initiate the switch to see what happens (But i see another rejection email coming after what i have read on here).

BG is farcical and there representatives are not all singing from the same hymn sheet.
    • NINJA59
    • By NINJA59 16th Jan 20, 12:48 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    NINJA59
    Had a very discouraging discussion on the BG 'chat' facility this morning.

I had had an email from them in the past saying that my account should be ready 'after 16th Jan', so I took readings and started a 'chat' asking them how I can set up my account and what it's status was.

He said the account was now 'open ' and that I could create a log-in - he gave me my account number. I gave him the readings there and then - haven't had a chance to create the account yet.

I asked when I could leave for another supplier. He said in 28 days time! I asked why and he said something about the account not being fully set up - something about details needed to be set up on the national database. He also said that I would pay an exit fee if I moved before 2021. I challenged this and he backed down - he probably checked with a supervisor.

He still maintained that I could not start a move to another supplier until after 15th Feb.

I pointed out that Breeze stopped trading on 18th Dec 2019 and said it was totally unacceptable for me to have to wait two months to move away. I then asked how I could complain.

He said he would raise a complaint on my behalf - haven't received anything form BG yet (e.g. a confirmation of the complaint being raised).

What a shambles.

Now considering raising a complaint with Ofgem.
    Originally posted by JohnB47
    You will get a confirmation of your complaint via snail mail in about 2 weeks, I received mine a few days ago about it.

I now have a guy in the complaints department chasing me to "discuss" it.

What it really boils down to is the lack of simple custom communication and the people we are speaking to having [no] knowledge to answer questions.

The sad reality is that I can tell that on the frontline none of the staff are empowered to provide information (or have the information provided to them on a frequent enough basis) to help customers. It might seem wrong/odd, but I do have *some* compassion with those picking up the phone/webchat, where I don't though is where there is clear BS and yes I will call them out on it.

In other words don't exchange your spade for a JCB if you don't know the answer.

I like others agree that I hold Ofgem responsible for a large "proportion" of this whole saga and more so the statement of "let the switch go through" and then you can decide. What !!!!!!!!, it is not the max time to switch, I now have to wait the best part of a month to do so! Ofgem's to me now is part of the big six problem and probably guided by many former "members" of the big six.
    Last edited by NINJA59; 16-01-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    • Swipe
    • By Swipe 16th Jan 20, 1:13 PM
    • 2,400 Posts
    • 1,274 Thanks
    Swipe
    If Ofgem had just made the rules so that the SOLR honours the previous suppliers rates until the customer is able to switch away none of this would be an issue and BG would soon get their act together
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 16th Jan 20, 1:42 PM
    • 4,404 Posts
    • 63,759 Thanks
    Zanzib
    I was called by British Gas a few minutes ago- my electricity goes over to them today, but gas not until Monday.

It appears they have started ringing Breeze customers, as the person I spoke to said he'd spoken to customers who hadn't heard Breeze had gone out of business- presumably those not online.

I gave him the final meter readings I'd submitted to Breeze on the 10th January, and will submit the latest today and Monday.

I had to ask for my account number, but it may not be ready yet so I'll try and submit today's electricity reading, later.

He said that they're working on a new tariff for Breeze customers that they hope to bring out in the next two weeks and will notify customers, possibly nearer the Breeze rates. They can backdate this new one to the start if it's taken up- but I wasn't convinced on that.

He denied they would prevent anyone from changing supplier for 14/28 days, if they chose to change, but I suspect it's all dependent on the new account being set up and running.

Whatever is going on there's clearly different information being told to different customers.

EDIT: Just tried to log in to the account to set up password etc and my details not recognised, even though I told them on the phone it's my email address and I do the ringing up etc, the account is still in my husband's name! Tried that and it worked.
    Last edited by Zanzib; 16-01-2020 at 1:59 PM.
    • 007stuey
    • By 007stuey 16th Jan 20, 2:34 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    007stuey
    I just submitted my electric meter reading by text by request to bg .. so I’m assuming that my account is being set up ... not heard anything about gas yet .. I will get the ball rolling to switch on Monday and see what happens
    • icsys
    • By icsys 16th Jan 20, 2:54 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    icsys
    It appears that my BG account is set up.
    I can log in, see my tariff details, see my outstanding balance (which says 0.00), links to enter meter reads, etc...

It still says 'estimated supply start date is 16th Jan 2020' for both gas and elec, and to enter meter reads by 21st Jan.

I have not been contacted by BG to supply meter reads, nor been told the account is now active.

Debating now whether to just enter todays meter reads or wait until prompted to do so.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,861Posts Today

6,111Users online

Martin's Twitter