3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone :)

As promised I am here to Update....Thank you all for being so lovely and caring and keeping each other going on this Thread in my absence... xXx :)

Here's to the Updates...

carbootcrazy - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! Keep going. Thank you for your concern...I'm getting there, just feels very slow at the moment xXx :)

[Deleted User] - WELL DONE!! That's wonderful that you have hit your Target...Great news...You are MORE than welcome to stick around...I hope you do...And thank you for your lovely words...it's a pleasure to do this Thread... xXx :)

Dobbibill - WELL DONE to you too!! You're awesome..Congratulations!! I've put your new Target just below your original one..I hope that's okay.....I'm glad to hear that you are staying...what would we do without you? xXx :)

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing WONDERFULLY!! Keep on going....And have a wonderful time in Portugal xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! I know you can do this xXx :)

Determined diva - Don't worry about starting at zero....you WILL get there...How was Australia? Keep us updated at how you're doing when you get the chance hun xXx :)

Hillwalker17 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! Congratulations on getting to that first £1000!! Thank you for your encouragement to carbootcrazy xXx :)

Doglover - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!! It's really lovely to have you here...I'm so sorry it's taken a while for me to welcome you to our little family but you are most welcome...I've added you to the First Page...please do let us know how you're getting on.... xXx :)

stoplurking - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep on going...and thank you for your lovely words.... xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! I know you can do this... xXx :)

NewMeNewLife - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME to you too...as above I'm so sorry it's taken a while to welcome you to our family...but please do stick around and let us know how you're getting on....and good luck with the Nursing Training, I know that's a tough Training but worthwhile xXx :)

Bumblebear - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME to you too....You really are most welcome and again, sorry for the delay....Thank you for your lovely words, I tend to wake up anywhere between 2am and 5am...I have a weird life...LoL xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for updating Helen, I hope you are on the mend. ;)

Small update from me today....

#2 £17.91 added - new total = £192.62 aka 3.85%

keep on keeping on everyone

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • NewMeNewLife
    Options
    NewMeNewLife - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME to you too...as above I'm so sorry it's taken a while to welcome you to our family...but please do stick around and let us know how you're getting on....and good luck with the Nursing Training, I know that's a tough Training but worthwhile xXx :)

Hi Helen, thank you for the warm welcome :D I hope you're feeling better? Thank you for keeping this thread running!!

Please can I change my total to £5,000? I've managed to put aside a bit of money this month, so my total now is:

#77 £300/£5,000 (6%)

Thank you! :money:
    Emergency Fund: £300 / £1,000 (30%).
  • Bumblebear
    Bumblebear Posts: 105 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks, Helen. I've added to my signature, no going back now!
    Debt free as of 28/03/2017 (just don't ask about the mortgage :rotfl:)
    Lover of sewing and biscuits, hater of traffic jams and credit cards
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £0/£5,670
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

Well I can't seem to shake this cold....So I'm still feeling pretty rubbish....But the good thing is that I'm still managing to work a bit and also haven't had to cancel anything....apart from the Gym....so I'm really quite proud of myself for not cancelling... :)

Here's to the Updates... xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME as always.....Keep going....I'm still feeling pretty rubbish but thank you for the well wishes, they are much appreciated... xXx :)

NewMeNewLife - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! Keep on going....Thank you for the lovely well wishes....Still feeling pretty bad but I'll get there... xXx :)

Bumblebear - Keep going hun, you CAN do this!! xXx :)
  • HoneyBee83
    HoneyBee83 Posts: 361 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2017 at 1:52PM
    Options
    Morning all,
    I have been absent recently but still trying to add to my EF, unfortunely pooch needed to go to the vet recently :( so I'm sticking at £115 for a little while, Oh well can't be helped - that is what the fund is for I guess :)
    Emergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
    Savings Pot £1,440.00
    Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/6000
  • Dragon_Lily
    Dragon_Lily Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Evening Everyone.

Hope you're feeling a better Helen. I had a nasty cold virus which lasted a few weeks. Most of my friends also had it to some degree, so I hope you're through the worst of it.

I had to open my savings tin because of the new pound coins. I had £100 which went straight into my Halifax Regular saver before I spent it :). My total is now just over £1006:j
    :staradmin Star from Sue-UU

3 - 6 Emergency fund #24 £2273. Target £3,000
    SPC15 #57 [SPC14 £195.50, SPC13 £114.08, SPC12 £215, SPC11 £183, SPC10 £209]

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    HoneyBee83 wrote: »
    Morning all,
    I have been absent recently but still trying to add to my EF, unfortunely pooch needed to go to the vet recently :( so I'm sticking at £115 for a little while, Oh well can't be helped - that is what the fund is for I guess :)

Sorry to hear about your pet. Hope he/she is on the mend again now. Vet bills were a major drain on my money last year:mad: but this year, so far, I've escaped any costs. Still keeping my fingers crossed though, my cat has a bit of a kamikaze approach to life:eek:. His annual check-up and flu booster will be due in the autumn so that will cost me but at least it's budgeted for;)
  • HoneyBee83
    HoneyBee83 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your pet. Hope he/she is on the mend again now. Vet bills were a major drain on my money last year:mad: but this year, so far, I've escaped any costs. Still keeping my fingers crossed though, my cat has a bit of a kamikaze approach to life:eek:. His annual check-up and flu booster will be due in the autumn so that will cost me but at least it's budgeted for;)

She is fine thank you Carbootcrazy. A slight eye infection but still happy as a pig in mud :D Reconizes the eye drops now tho so we have a lovely morning run around the garden!
    An EF is actually a saviour :T Always worried before as pet insurance won't pay out for a lot of things and fur babies can be super expensive as you well know.
    I will keep my fingers crossed that your kitty stays safe and healthy :)
    Emergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
    Savings Pot £1,440.00
    Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/6000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    HoneyBee83 wrote: »
    She is fine thank you Carbootcrazy. A slight eye infection but still happy as a pig in mud :D Reconizes the eye drops now tho so we have a lovely morning run around the garden!
    An EF is actually a saviour :T Always worried before as pet insurance won't pay out for a lot of things and fur babies can be super expensive as you well know.
    I will keep my fingers crossed that your kitty stays safe and healthy :)

Thank you. He's 'helping me' find something in the depths of the shed today. He's having a great time jumping and diving into every nook and cranny (I don't allow him in this shed as a rule, it must be a big adventure to him:rotfl:). Thanks to him it's already taken me twice as long as I expected:eek:

Oh yes, I remember the eye-drops palaver very well when my cat managed to get a thorn in his eyeball:eek:. My sympathies;)

I cancelled my pet insurance last year because they were very selective in what they'd actually pay out for. Even when the treatment was claimable the excess made it barely worth it and then the premium went up the next year as a result anyway. I'll take my chances with what I can manage to save. I'd never neglect getting any treatment my lovely cat needed and I'd find it somehow;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure