Wessex Teak - Merged threads

Options

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jimmythen wrote: »
    Having never posted to a forum before excuse me if this is wrong... I ordered from these guys last week before seeing this thread (obviously!) and have been trying to get hold of them to change part of my order.... they are constantly engaged.

Having read this i'm now really worried it will never arrive - but the Credit Card Company says not to worry for a couple of weeks and they can take the money back anyway.... surely their credit merchant (bank or whatever) would just take their facility away if they kept screwing everyone?

If anyone's interested i'll let you know what happens.

Jimmy
    If you have paid direct by credit card, as opposed to through paypal, you'll almost certainly be covered by the consumer credit agreement meaning the credit card company can also be held entirely liable for any loss/non-delivery. :)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • aislingc
    aislingc Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I ordered a furniture set in from ebay, April 2008 and had a first expected delivery date of 19th June. when it didn't arrive I sent emails and tried several times to contact them by phone. Eventually I got through to someone who basically said pick a delivery date, so I did. The furniture was due to be delivered today and to make sure it was going to be I emailed them for an approx time of delivery, they emailed back to say phone in the morning of delivery. So after trying to get through all morning, I finally spoke to someone and they gave me a consignment no. and the tel no of the delivery organisation. I contacted them and they had no record of the delivery. Tried to call Wessex teak back again, and now permanently engaged.

What are my chances of getting my furniture or a refund? I am so fed up with calling, emailing but feel really stupid for buying it in the first place! Shouls have read their feedback!
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's an article on the main site about Consumer Rights which might be useful to some of the people experiencing problems with this or other companies.

Paying by credit card does offer additional protection though so it's always preferable to a debit card.
  • Zingzing
    Options
    aislingc wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered a furniture set in from ebay, April 2008 and had a first expected delivery date of 19th June. when it didn't arrive I sent emails and tried several times to contact them by phone. Eventually I got through to someone who basically said pick a delivery date, so I did. The furniture was due to be delivered today and to make sure it was going to be I emailed them for an approx time of delivery, they emailed back to say phone in the morning of delivery. So after trying to get through all morning, I finally spoke to someone and they gave me a consignment no. and the tel no of the delivery organisation. I contacted them and they had no record of the delivery. Tried to call Wessex teak back again, and now permanently engaged.

What are my chances of getting my furniture or a refund? I am so fed up with calling, emailing but feel really stupid for buying it in the first place! Shouls have read their feedback!

Hi, I too have been messed around by these clowns with bad manners. Won furniture on Ebay end of March. Got really fed up with the lack of communication. When you do eventually get through to them on the phone, they just hang up because they don't want to hear what you have to say. After alot of empty promises, I decided they were full of bull :mad: and got most of my money refunded before the paypal deadline of 45 days( the refund was conditional- If I removed negative feedback left). I am still waiting for the rest of the money. After countless number of calls and emails I am not getting anywhere. If I do get through on the phone they constantly lie to get you off the phone. My refund has now been coming by 2nd class post for the past 3 weeks. I don't think they have any intentions of paying it back. Please do not allow them to keep 1 penny of your money.
    The advice I can give you is that, just get your money back, whether credit card or Paypal (if you are still within 45 day limit of Paypal and I think 60 days for credit card). Don't believe anything they say, as they try to fool everyone. :mad:
    To anyone out there who has had the misfortune of dealing with these clowns, I urge you to put a complaint through to Consumer Direct on 08454040506 and they will notify trading standards. If we all go to the same body, then maybe all the information collated will have more impact and bring their circus tent down a bit quicker.:j. For my liking too many people have suffered in the hand of these jokers! Having read most of the feedback and people have emailed me with their stories, they should not have been allowed to trade on ebay for as long as they did, and are still trading elsewhere! Making peoples lives a misery!
  • aislingc
    aislingc Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that! I will definately register a complaint!
  • hammondp
    Options
    Hi, I bought some garden furniture from Wessex Teak via Ebay recently. The delivery time was over the 60 days that Ebay allow for you to place a dispute or to leave feedback! We have received 50% of the goods so far but the company has become aggressive and palms you off with lies regarding the delivery of the outstanding goods. The 60 days has now passed, is there anything else I can do to complain to Ebay (or to get my money back), who now no longer recognise the transaction? Thanks Paul.
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    :www: :: MFi3 ::
    Original mortgage free date ~ January 2030 :sad:
    Current mortgage free date ~ July 2028
    :tongue:
  • Zingzing
    Options
    hammondp wrote: »
    Hi, I bought some garden furniture from Wessex Teak via Ebay recently. The delivery time was over the 60 days that Ebay allow for you to place a dispute or to leave feedback! We have received 50% of the goods so far but the company has become aggressive and palms you off with lies regarding the delivery of the outstanding goods. The 60 days has now passed, is there anything else I can do to complain to Ebay (or to get my money back), who now no longer recognise the transaction? Thanks Paul.

Hi, I think the only option you have is to take them through small claims court to get ALL of your money back, as 50% is of what you ordered is no good to you. The number for Small claims, that was given to me by Consumer Direct is 02071892000.
    Additionally please put a complaint to Consumer Direct on 08454040506.
    Good luck!
  • arealbasketcase
    Options
    apoliceman wrote: »
    Dear all, I am a serving senior detective in the police service .....

:whistle: If you want to know the time ask apolicaman.

:whistle: If you want to buy some spam send an email.

awwwww! it doesn't rhyme and I thought I was a poet?
    If anything I say starts to make sense, PANIC!
  • ArmchairTycoon
    Options
    Slightly off topic, but did you know that the phrase "If you want to know the time ask a Policemen" is intended as insult, back in the early days of the Police they would steal watches from drunks in the gutter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure