Wessex Teak - Merged threads

Options

Comments

• Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Options
    Bromley86 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I'm a little unsure as to why Wessex Teak would bother to come here and post if they've effectively given up under that name on eBay (which must be the case if their feedback is now private - few would buy expensive items from a private seller).

Good to see those feedback changes are, at least in some cases, working as intended.

Giving consumers less choice?
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Brooker_Dave
    Options
    jobodogs wrote: »
    Your friends will really thank you, I'm sure. The owner of Wessex Teak said to me last week (after me chasing a refund since February 08!) that all Ebay buyers are scum. Now, I'm not sure whether I like this sort of customer service but you apparently do. Wessex Teak are such a good company that they have Essex police and Trading Standards knocking at their door. Oh, and if you have received a delivery, wait 12 months and then see what you've got.

Let's hope that you've not opened up the forum to a possible libel action with that one...

• jkgray
    jkgray Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    12065 happy customers it would appear.

Is this where the MSE forum tries to put someone out of business because of a few screamers and clowns?

Perhaps you would care to read my comments as to their feedback and manipulation thereof (see above).

Look at the last month's score - when eBay stopped sellers from leaving retalitatory negative feedback - and you will see 90 postive marks, 9 neutrals and 81 negatives. Hardly a glowing recommendation. Further as stated in much more detailed comment on their feedback, what cannot be seen now (as no feedback comments can be seen as they have made them private) but what could have been seen previously is that most of the positive comments relate to 1 pence garden furniture covers that they were effectively giving away and the negatives related to non-delivery of furniture sets costing hundreds of pounds.
  • jkgray
    Options
    Let's hope that you've not opened up the forum to a possible libel action with that one...

Not sure what you thought was libellous about that comment but I can confirm that Trading Standards are currently involved in my case.
  • Bromley86
    Bromley86 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Giving consumers less choice?

Nope, the part where some people are leaving more accurate feedback than they previously were. That's not to say that there aren't a lot of idiots leaving unfair feedback, hence why I said "at least in some cases".

It may well be that the changes have screwed you over and it also may well be that that was unfair. However, ignoring the detail that jkgray has kindly supplied, would you honestly buy £500 of garden furniture from someone with private feedback of 95.3%?

If so, I've got a . . . ;) .
  • Brooker_Dave
    Options
    Nope, the part where some people are leaving more accurate feedback than they previously were. That's not to say that there aren't a lot of idiots leaving unfair feedback, hence why I said "at least in some cases".

It may well be that the changes have screwed you over and it also may well be that that was unfair. However, ignoring the detail that jkgray has kindly supplied, would you honestly buy £500 of garden furniture from someone with private feedback of 95.3%?

If so, I've got a . . . ;) .

I'd not buy anything from someone with private feedback, not that anyone with private feedback can sell anyway.

But that said a customer satisfaction rating of 95% is pretty good, as there are always a few footstampers...

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    95% good on ebay :eek:

Admittedly some scores have dropped so that 100% is no longer the norm, but 95% is diabolical.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ...But that said a customer satisfaction rating of 95% is pretty good, as there are always a few footstampers...

Have a look at their past month's figures! :eek:

sunshinestateforeversf6.jpg

Data courtesy of toolhaus.org
    http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=sunshinestateforever&Dirn=Received+by
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Bromley86
    Bromley86 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks - I didn't know that you could view that summary if the feedback was private.
  • jkgray
    Options
    Thanks - I didn't know that you could view that summary if the feedback was private.

You just click on the work 'private' which appears where the number of feedback comments would normally appear.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure