Wessex Teak - Merged threads

Options
I am currently having great difficulty getting any response out of this company following buying a £300 teak garden furniture set from them via ebay.

I have also discovered by using search engines on the internet that there seems to be a trend of consumer concern with regard to this trader. An example of which can be found at: http://answercentre.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=900049831&mod=1212181420953

Have got their details as:
Wessex teak
The Workshop
Blue House Farm
Brentwood Road
West Horndon
Brentwood
Essex
CM13 3LX
Email: [EMAIL="sales@wessexteak.com"]sales@wessexteak.com[/EMAIL]

However not sure if this is their legal identity, i.e. whether Wessex Teak is just a trading name?

Anyone else had any dealings/problems with them?

Comments

• frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    How did you pay, and how long ago?
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • bethsmummy
    bethsmummy Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    it seems they tell people to wait 60 days for delivery so it is outwith ebay and paypals deadlines
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Better hope it was a credit card funding then!
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    AMILLIONDOLLARS Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I bought from them roughly two years ago, a teak table which cost me 70/75 including delivery, I am really sad to hear that they have gone down this road. When I won my ebay bid on the Wednesday(from memory) it was delivered the following monday. The table is good quality and really heavy and wearing well. Maybe that's the problem they were selling their stuff too cheaply and having to pay quite a lot in ebay charges!!!

Good luck with getting your money back

AMD
    Debt Free!!!
  • eliznay
    Options
    I also paid £200 +£55 on January 24th 2008 delivery for furniture that never arrived from Wessex Teak, they kept deferring delivery and then eventually just never turned up on the guaranteed delivery date... when I e-mailed why they said they were never delivering on that date even though the e-mail I had sent was on a reply of their delivery confirmation!!! I asked for my money back ... they said they would be issue a cheque immediately.... needless to say it has never arrived... any advice on how to get money back??
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    You two must think we are all idiots :rolleyes:
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • heskpesk
    heskpesk Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Options
    I've just recieved a Garden Furniture order from Wessex Teak and thought the whole process was brilliant.
    I bought from their website as I was recommended by a friend who originally bought from ebay.
    Spent £749 for a large table and ten chairs, bring on the SUMMER.

theboytaylor

Very suspicious!!! New to the forum just happened to find a thread that fitted his experiences- me thinks a Wessex link could be the case here!!:rolleyes:
  • ged1980
    ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    Got the Wessex Teak Bench set delivered last week...all there and delivered as agreed
    just looked at their website again and contact number and email listed on front page.
    why don't you just email them.i did and they emailed me back within 2 hours or phone them
    got to say nice furniture and no problems :j

and you just managed to find this thread on your first post , lots of searches going on for wessex

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What's the bets that Wessex Teak have been checking their referring domain reports and seen all the clicks from the other post on the subject...?

It's the same way that I found my way here ;-)
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    come on uk! lets be positive!!!

I'd rather be impartial.... ;)
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories