Wessex Teak - Merged threads

Options

Comments

• Road_Hog
    Road_Hog Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tigerpug wrote: »
    Wessex Teak/PTC are exhibiting at Glee at the Birmingham NEC on 21st-23rd September. Cant wait!

Hall 2
    Stand 2A2

http://www.gleebirmingham.com/page.cfm/action=Exhib/ExhibID=01485

BTW, just in case anybody is thinking of going for a day out, this is a trade show and you can't actually purchase anything there. So only go if you're going to go there for a visit to the Wessex Teak stand.

I'd also check with the organisers a few days beforehand to confirm that they are still attending.
  • aislingc
    Options
    How have you gone about putting in a claim at the courts?? I've sent them one last letter last week giving 7 days even though i know they won't respond, I read somewhere that you have to give them chances before going straight for the courts so hopefully I have given them enough!!! How much does it cost to take them to court????
    Cheers

I did it online on the website: moneyclaim.gov.uk. It costs £25, but I have just spoken to my husband who said we have had a letter this morning saying they are contesting it! HOW? I have paid £180, received no goods and had no refund? How are they not wrong????
  • scramble1979
    Options
    aislingc wrote: »
    I did it online on the website: moneyclaim.gov.uk. It costs £25, but I have just spoken to my husband who said we have had a letter this morning saying they are contesting it! HOW? I have paid £180, received no goods and had no refund? How are they not wrong????

Thanks for that, :Tkeep me posted as you say how can they contest it ?!?!?!?! with basic facts - have they said why they are contesting it. are we guaranteed a refund if taken to court??

Thanks
  • rainard
    Options
    I'm another one their "customers". I ordered some furniture at the beginning of June. I will shortly be issuing a court order for £800 after not receiving a refund. I've also spoken to Thurrock Council who seem to be collating lots of information about this company. I'll keep you updated!
  • delmatt
    Options
    Hi I have a similar story to most on here, ordered furniture in May and chased for delivery dates which were confirmed but never happened. I called them to cancel and after several attempts they seemed to refuse muy cancellations. They insisited that they would send a refund which quite obviously never came even after a call eveyday. The people there will just lie to get you off the phone. I have come up with the answer to get your money back......go to see them and demand a cheque there and then, this worked for me yesterday as I went down there and did just that, half an hour I later had a cheque for 585.00. This was a long journey from reading to Essex but I feel a whole lot better than losing mearly 600 quid and suggest any one in the same boat does this, they are a whole lot more ameanable if you go there!
  • jasonprivett
    Options
    Add me to the list of unfortunates who have been defrauded by Wessex Teak / PTC imports. I won't bother with the details as my story is basically the same as everyone elses. Having read all the threads about wessex teak here and on other forums I've decided to file a county court claim against these guys as I can see its the only way I'm going to get my money back.
  • proftj
    Options
    Add me to the list of unfortunates who have been defrauded by Wessex Teak / PTC imports. I won't bother with the details as my story is basically the same as everyone elses. Having read all the threads about wessex teak here and on other forums I've decided to file a county court claim against these guys as I can see its the only way I'm going to get my money back.

I have a similar story but some encouraging news. Ordered furniture in July, paid by debit card, money deducted from my account 2 days later and numerous delivery deadlines missed since then. On one occasion, the wrong furniture (and an incomplete set at that) was delivered but rejected and sent back with the delivery lorry.

But debit card is Halifax/Visa so yesterday I went to local Halifax branch to arrange chargeback. Manager etc. knew nothing of this facility and suggested that I was mistaken. However, after a little persuasion, they had the decency to check with head office who informed them that the facility did indeed exist. Claim completed there and then, manager very helpful but annoyed at absence of information from his own bank about this facility. Come on Halifax.

Worst moment: phoning Prestige Teak for nth time only to hear them taking further telephone orders in the background. Avoid these people - I seem to have been lucky and will post the final details when I have them.
  • tigerpug
    Options
    I have heard on the grapevine that enforcement proceedings against Wessex Teak are fully underway.

For all of those with outstanding orders, I would suggest that you contact Thurrock Council and ask them to intervene on your behalf.

Good luck everyone.
  • scramble1979
    Options
    tigerpug wrote: »
    I have heard on the grapevine that enforcement proceedings against Wessex Teak are fully underway.

For all of those with outstanding orders, I would suggest that you contact Thurrock Council and ask them to intervene on your behalf.

Good luck everyone.

My local trading standards/consumer direct contacted thurrock last week and they are collating info together on them but he said that it still doesn't mean they can get me a refund as its only if the "company" who ever they are (trading in lots of names) have assests to cease and sell that we can get our money back as they will more than likely "go into administration" so don't all get your hopes up :( . I'm supposed to be hearing from thurrock with a form to complete for more evidence against these cowboys but heard nothing yet. but if don't hear from them tomorrow will contact direct - anyone got any contact number???
  • scramble1979
    Options
    delmatt wrote: »
    Hi I have a similar story to most on here, ordered furniture in May and chased for delivery dates which were confirmed but never happened. I called them to cancel and after several attempts they seemed to refuse muy cancellations. They insisited that they would send a refund which quite obviously never came even after a call eveyday. The people there will just lie to get you off the phone. I have come up with the answer to get your money back......go to see them and demand a cheque there and then, this worked for me yesterday as I went down there and did just that, half an hour I later had a cheque for 585.00. This was a long journey from reading to Essex but I feel a whole lot better than losing mearly 600 quid and suggest any one in the same boat does this, they are a whole lot more ameanable if you go there!

Has your cheque cleared yet?? I live in cumbria so a very long journey for me if I don't get anywhere!! what did they say to you when you turned up?? were they trying to fob you off or did they do it straight away. Hope your cheque does clear as for once they seem to have done the right thing :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure