Lose Weight 20

Options

Comments

• wendyw1947
    wendyw1947 Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    tagz how is your little babs today ?, have been thinking about you , do hope you get the results today,don't go too mad on the exercise [thinking bout bad backs] take care love mummy wendy
    l:T Never Too Old to learn :T
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    missyg I know you have told me this before and posted it on the thread when I asked about it but have to admit still don't understand your cals/spreadsheet/ability to work out a loss within a lb each weel, could you PM me and tell me in idiot language how you do it please because I am very interested but my mind has switched off because it doesn't understand:D

I have 2 dressed that have sat for yonks in the cupboard never worn them so if they are any use to lend out pm me and let me know.

tagz hope the results come through today:rolleyes:

AJax or anyone else that understands I want to buy a white hd ready lcd bedroom tv with dvd incorporated, seen one on Tesco direct for £200, don't want to pay that much but if needs be how do I click quidco then back again etc as have never done it but want some money off:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • safesound
    safesound Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds like the main problem is the lack of exercise, is it possible that you could buy some exercise equipment for him (or maybe try freecycle?) just until he has the confidence to exercise in the "real" world. A running machine or cross trainer would be good for building up general fitness levels, but he does have to stick to it.
    Diet will also be an issue. He HAS to stop eating crap, that's everything he doesn't make himself or you make from scratch (chucking it in the micro doesn't count ;)). Eat three healthy meals a day and exercise and I guarantee you he will lose weight.
    Personally, I used the Tesco ediets to start me off, it tells you exactly what you can eat in a day, down to the last biscuit, but it does cost £25 for 10 weeks.
    Good luck and if you have a look around on the site theres plenty of lose weight challenges, find one you like the sound of and jump in. They're great for moral support and making you feel better about the inevitable slips that happen..
    :A:A:A:A:A:A
  • ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    victory wrote: »
    AJax or anyone else that understands I want to buy a white hd ready lcd bedroom tv with dvd incorporated, seen one on Tesco direct for £200, don't want to pay that much but if needs be how do I click quidco then back again etc as have never done it but want some money off:D

victory if you have a particular model in mind then click the kelkoo link in quidco -you get 2p as long as you complete the search. When in kelkoo, type the model number and search for the cheapest retailer. Note who the retailer is, then look to see if they are on quidco themselves. If they are then just click that retailers link in quidco to get whatever the discount is. Tesco Direct only gives 3% off though.

EDIT: I just looked on Tesco and if you are talking about the Technika LCD19HDID-407W then I'm pretty sure Technika stuff is only available through Tesco. Nothing to stop you looking for money-off vouchers though. This is a free delivery code TDR-3DEL1 from some time ago, I have no idea if it's expired or not - it's etched into my brain forever I think. They don't pay the 3% on vat so you'd be getting 3% off about £170 through quidco which would only save you about a fiver. Still worth doing though if you are going to buy the TV regardless
  • Ma77hew
    Ma77hew Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Nikinakinoo,

Wish I was 6ft something instead of an average 5ft10. I need to lose some weight (about 8 stone) and joined slimming world. It's quite strange being the only bloke but having lost 2 stone in 8 weeks I would recommend it to anyone.

I'm quite a fussy eater (actually only really eat meat), but the thing I like about it is you don't have to weigh or measure your food, its all about the food groups you combine. It's definatly going to work better than exercise.

Going and getting weighted every week makes you want to stick to it, I have lost every week and now consider it to be a record I don't want to blemish, keeps me motivated.

I wouldn't recommend going down the exercise route, too little to gain, better off watching what you eat first and the exercising gently later and the best exercise is to build things into your daily life for example walking a dog for 10 mins everday is actually better than spending 2 hours in the gym. Plus when you exercise you hold water in your muscles so in the first couple of weeks the weight would go up. Pretty demotivating I would think if weight loss is the main aim.

Good Luck.
  • petrichor
    petrichor Posts: 940 Forumite
    Options
    welcomewagoned9.gifSue and bekki - We follow a variety of methods to lose weight here, but the common element is the never ending support that can always be found from everyone here, so good luck and stick with us :D ...

...Ajax Give Bailey a birthday kiss from me :o , well they need kisses don't they! :o ...

...Got on the scales today and wish I hadn't :cry: with MrP being home at the moment I just haven't done my usual amounts of walking each day, it just proves that even the smallest amount of exercise does help and your body soon adapts to it, I didn't adjust my food intake and serves me right!!!:D ...

...Thanks for the new thread Suggs and another poll, I think they're great...

...Dragon Thanks for letting us know your details :j you deserve success...

...Granny What fabulous photos :j you look so good :j , in comparison I look like something the cat dragged (reluctantly) in :rotfl: ...

xxxx
    I wish that I could be the oldest AND wisest....sadly it's not the latter :p but my time will come _party_ wooooh hoooh! Beware!!!!!!!
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks ajax going to have a look now, might wait a bit more as there are 2 bank holidays in May and htey usually put the sales on then or a % off no real rush for it so will maybe wait:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • missyg_3
    missyg_3 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Victory, no problem, I'll prepare something but I got all the basic info from these links so you might want to have a look here as well:

BMR calculator (start with this figure for all the calculations)
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Harris Benedict Equation (this does your daily calorie needs based on activity levels)
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

Calorie intake to lose weight
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/calorie-intake-to-lose-weight.php

It is a lot to get your head around as there are quite a few variables :) I'll post up the formulas in a (hopefully) understandable format a bit later.
  • missyg_3
    missyg_3 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Right here we go with the weigh in results :D
    :j Weight loss 1.75lb :j

I am even more happy though because body fat loss is showing as 2.1lbs! :D

Water is up 0.3lb :rolleyes: and muscle mass is down 0.4lb (HOW? With all that exercise :mad: ... lol)

I've worked very hard for that result this week so I am extremely pleased! Can't afford to sit back though because I need similar results for the next 2 weeks to reach my mini target.

My strategy for this week is:
    • make sure the cals are 1200/day
    • exercise harder with more weights work.
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done missyg. I dunno how you do it being as thin as you are!

I did write a long !!!! post but then internet decided to go gay and loose it.

So here i go again in short form.

Quidco is amazing, made £34 so far and im not a big internet shopper so thats good for me!

Im gunna be sitting on my !!!! again alll day doing assignment finishing offing and then im off to look at what questions i wanna answer for my exams. Oh and im going to wash my child hood toy (and current toy for that matter) who is called poo. He looks like a desperate lost lamb and his stuffing has gone all hard and im scared to wash it incase he falls to pieces but i dont think hes had a wash for many many years now and hes gone a bit yellow looking ha.

have a nice day everyone, sun is shining brightly in the south!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure