Lose Weight 20

Options
Spring has Sprung!!

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save £'s but to lose Lb's instead :D

So you wanna lose weight? You've come to the right place! :D

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help us older folk quickly spot the losses, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible :) (Its helps those of us with bad eyes ;) )

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - Next one is just about to start so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. Also you could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month! :j:j The chart is currently maintained by one of our delightful ladies, Dellybelly

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below. To give you an idea of the wonderful losses that are been made with the help of this group Allow me to introduce, the one, the only..................starlight_xx who has lost an amazing 146lbs and is still going :beer:

Starlight Before - March 2007

B1March121-1.jpg

A1March1201.jpg

Starlight - March 2008 - 146lbs lighter and still going!! :j

march2-1-1.jpg

march2.jpg

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! Well some of us are gentle ;)

Suggs
x
Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb

What is the total amount of weight you would like to lose? 176 votes

1 to 14lb
14% 26 votes
15lb - 42lb
36% 65 votes
43lb - 70lb
21% 38 votes
71lb - 99lb
10% 18 votes
100lb - 149lb
7% 13 votes
150lb+
4% 8 votes
I have yet to make a final decision as to the total loss
2% 4 votes
I have reached my target weight, I come here to help me maintain my weight loss
2% 4 votes

Comments

• missyg_3
    missyg_3 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone! Looking good Starlight!
  • funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    Hello everyone, just popped on to bookmark the new thread - thanks Suggs.

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i better be the third post!!
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    Options
    Hope everyones ok!

I stayed up till 1am last night which i never do unless i drink loads of alcohol to keep me going. I do feel a bit hungover, which is wierd! Must be my brain knowing i only stay up that late if i drink lots.

Fed the ducks today, flaming nora i am glad im not a femal duck!! Jeez. The male ducks kept diving underwater and fighting. It was brutal! Saw some nice lambs aswell in the countryside. I love lambs :) Boyfriend thinks im about 5 years old, but i still love watching lambs and feeding ducks :p

COME ON KIMI! ha. That crash was nasty, cant believe how well they build their cars. Talking of monte carlo, i gotta go watch that race before i die. Me and the girls on lingerie joked once about flying over there to find some rich men and to watch the race from a few million grands worth of yaught. That ord doesnt look right!

anyway, have a nice sunday. Im off to do college work before i get tempted to watch more webcams. Yesterday i was watching some lorry going along motorways!
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hello all, oooh nice shiny new thread.
    I weighed myself this morn, I know I shouldn't as official WI is tomorrow. Looks like I have lost a couple of lbs :D
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    Suggs wrote: »
    There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! Well some of us are gentle ;)

......and the others play rugby!

Thanks for the new thread Suggs.
  • tagz
    tagz Posts: 690 Forumite
    Options
    Wow Starlight well done! I wish I could be brave enough to post my pics but I'm camera shy. I honestly don't have any recent ones - I'm always on the other side of the camera (my excuse is that I use my camera for my art and so no one else can touch it!) I always end up looking like Princess Anne's horse in pics.
    I would if I could but I can't so I won't!
  • Brighton_belle
    Brighton_belle Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Suggs - hoping to make it on page 1 at least. Starlight - you can sooo see the difference with your weightloss - you look half the woman you were:j :T
    I had a great time at the wedding thanks missyg and the weather was superb. Just been for a post wedding laid back lunch with bride, groom and friends at a venue on the beach. Have eaten like a horse these last two days.So back on plan tomorrow. I think I'll put my scales in the attic until WI wednesday as I don't want to know the full extent of what I have done to myself before the chance of a few very good days.:D A quiet day ahead thank goodness now.
    Tagz, you do not sound a moaner ever, quite the reverse as you gradually let slip everything you are having to deal with. Very glad to hear DD aching as stopped - good reason to be hopeful.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • wendyw1947
    wendyw1947 Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    hya folks pleased to join you all in this new thread, I;m raring to go
    l:T Never Too Old to learn :T
  • Surfbabe
    Surfbabe Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PLease can i join in - i need some motivation - need to lose 16lbs.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport