Lose Weight 16

Options
So you wanna lose weight? You've come to the right place! :D

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

You can join the 2 pound weight loss club (just ask Dellybelly) and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening, also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - Next one starts in the next week or so, so post your name and start the new list. (We all like to think we're going to lose 2lbs every week, but in reality that doesn't always happen, so 5lbs a month is a more realistic target.) And you could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month! :j:j

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below. Come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even some gentlemen hiding amongst us!

Suggs
x
Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb

Comments

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Woohoo - 2nd to post! :D

Thanks Suggs.

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Woohoo - 2nd to post! :D

Thanks Suggs.

LL

Ah but the first person to post was Suggs and so he gets the prize!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • julesgr
    julesgr Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! why did i agree to make two cakes when I'm on a diet!

All that lovely butter cream and icing!

Tonights Mantra - a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips!!!
    Weight loss since 01/08/07 - 72 lbs:j
  • katiepoppycat
    Options
    oh dear jules. I too like to bake and it always come back to bite me. But i really enjoy the baking!

just about to trough a large amount of pasta n sauce. i like green days me. I'm off out for lunch at a chef and brewer tomorrow and cant find their menu online. Anyone got any tips? I can do green or red cos i'm having a mushroom omelette for breakfast . . .
  • julesgr
    Options
    I love baking and I love making novelty cakes - tonight we have a dalek cake and a table tennis table.

try here for your menus. Click on the pub ur going to then scroll down a bit on the right for menu online

http://www.pub-explorer.com/themedpubs/chef&brewer.htm
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm off out for lunch at a chef and brewer tomorrow and cant find their menu online. Anyone got any tips? . . .

Hi KPC, found this sample menu online, it might help :)
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • pixiedust_2
    Options
    Hey...

I'm kinda new to this game... Well, on here anyway! I've done all sorts of various fad diets in the past, and normally, I lose a little bit, get bored, decide its not working fast enough, and give up...

However.

That was old me. This is shiny new me. Recently started uni, new course, brand new direction to be going in... And I think, next on the list, new weight! I'm not going to mention how much I weigh right now (suffice to say, it's more than it should be!), but by next summer, I don't want to be blushing everytime I get my legs out! I've recently joined an aerobics class, which is something I used to do (back when I was young(er) and healthy), and am currently considering the best plan for how to do the diet... If its just a case of me "deciding" to eat healthily, and weigh myself, I tend to "mis-read" the scales, and "forget" about the chocolate/crisps/junk, so really looking for a class this time I think!

Any suggestions from someone who already goes to one, for a 21 year old stuck in a shared house who doesn't want to have to fuss around set menus and other such stuff?

Fingers crossed!

Lucy
    **"Cheer up, it could get worse" - I cheered up, and look, it got worse!**
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh, thought I'd lost you all for a minute! ;)

I LOVE lemon drizzle too, my fave cake, that's why I made thisa one [accidental Italian accent going on!:D].

Welcome to LW 16 everyone, I hope to see less and less of all of you!:rotfl:

Welcome back to Suggs, sorry to hear about the Cairo belly, sounds like a great trip though.

Off for a bath and bed, got a meeting with the Welfare Rights Officer in the morning about going back to work:T:jxx
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
  • julesgr
    Options
    pixiedust wrote: »
    Hey...

Any suggestions from someone who already goes to one, for a 21 year old stuck in a shared house who doesn't want to have to fuss around set menus and other such stuff?

Fingers crossed!

Lucy

First of all welcome :D

I'm doing Rosemary Conley, which is tough for the kick-start 2 weeks but after that I find I can eat most things so long as they are within your daily calorie limit and under 5% fat as the general rule. It's low GI which means you shouldn't be left feeling hungry as the foods are generally slow burners. The bonus with RC is that you get the exercise session as well. I have been a true convert to a new way of thinking about food since I joined!

Whatever your decision - good luck:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of luck tomorrow bails.
    Glad you had a great holiday suggs.Sorry bout the cairo tum though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure