Lose Weight 20

Options

Comments

• ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    petrichor wrote: »
    ...Ajax Give Bailey a birthday kiss from me :o , well they need kisses don't they! :o ...

:D will do. It's not actually his birthday but the anniversary of the day we had him. Close enough :) I'll post up a picture of him with his cake later in the week.
  • missyg_3
    missyg_3 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Vix :D Good luck with the studying etc today.

When I compose a long post I select it all with Ctrl-A and do Ctrl-C for copy, then if it "disappears" when posting, it's just Ctrl-V to get it back. I know it's an extra few mouse clicks but better than losing a post that's taken half an hour :rolleyes:

I'll be doing my monthly grocery shop this week and I'm wondering whether it's a good idea to stock up on food cupboard items bearing in mind prices are probably going to keep going up? I'm wondering whether to get enough pasta for the rest of the year for example :rotfl:
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well Done Missy, Some great numbers there. :j Like others I am amazed at the micro management style you adopt :)

So how far are you going? I wouldn't worry too much about slightly odd variations in the numbers as long as the general trend is in the right direction. Maybe your Auntie visiting causes the oddness?

I cannot believe how quick this thread moves on, I only created it less than 24 hours ago and we are nearly at post 100!! For information, I have checked with the mods and in future I will start looking at creating the new thread around post 1800 and certainly done by post 2000.

Right I am actually in the middle of a webinar, (web based seminar on URL filtering, so I best go back into that)

Back later
    x
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • kymrob
    kymrob Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    yes made it to thread 20 wow starlight and granny looks great well done!!
  • tagz
    tagz Posts: 690 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

Well my DD is back at school today. Pains have gone and she didn't hasn't had a temp since yesterday morning. Spoke to a teacher and apparently 9 in her class were off last week so almost certainly points to a virus. Phew!! Just rang my GP and they haven't got the results (don't seem interested in asking for them either!), so will try the hospital again later. Thankfully not worried about them now! Thanks for your messages.
    I would if I could but I can't so I won't!
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    My DD has a friend who is the same height and he finds it difficult to get regular exercise. Most gym equipment won't adjust to his size and would be uncomfortable to use. He has also been told not to overstress his joints as he may have problems in later life.
    Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise as there is relatively little stress on weight-bearing joints and long bones. If he is self-conscious, there may be a local men-only swimming class. Our pool runs an aqua-aerobic class in the evenings - but it does tend to be only women that attend!
    Socially, DD's friend is very outgoing and popular, but he admits he finds his height a bit of a hindrance. He gets thoroughly fed-up with comments from complete strangers (and friends). Also, bolshy drunks always think it's great to try and get a rise out of the biggest lad around. On the plus side, he gets served first at the bar and you never lose him in a crowd!
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to the new members - great to see you here! :wave:

Well done to the losers :dance:, and hugs to the STS and gainers! :grouphug:

I have just been to the [strike]vet[/strike] nurse and not only was she shocked about my weight gain over the last week [strike]and like I'm not![/strike] but it appears I am edging towards high blood pressure! which is strange because even when I was heavier I had bang on perfect blood pressure, then again DrDragon had a heck of a weekend (being in work both days :mad:) and we were out for a Chinese Meal on Saturday night (so a lot more salt than I am used to!), so I need to go back (along with DrDragon as his was up as well!) in a couple of weeks or so :rolleyes2 - in the meantime pain or not I am NOT taking pain killers, I am going to cut down my alcohol AND really stick to a diet!

I will weigh and measure again on Sunday - hopefully I will see some results (and seeing as DrDragon and myself are *cough* playing scrabble *cough* that should help :whistle:)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    Options
    Thats not good dragon. Put your feet up for awhile and relax. Take it easy for awhile!

I have just done a really big boob on ebay. I put a bid in for 54p so i wacked in 54. I was click happy and said confirm but then i read my maximum bid is for £54!!!!!!!!!!! The thing is worth not even half of the amount.

Any way i can get rid of that? or am i fully commited? Also, does the seller know that is my maximum bid? cos for example he could get his mate to bid £50 knowing that my maximum is £54!

Good job i got £17 in my paypal account, might sodding well need it now!
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Vix

Have a read of THIS it should help :-)
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you suggs!!

I retracted my bid then put in the proper amount. phew!!

love you suggs for ever now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport