We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Options

Comments

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cant believe this scam is spreading to just about everywhere. I personally think we should start boycotting any service which conveniently allows this dodgy company to "latch" on to their websites, its getting totally out of control, they must be raking in MILLIONS!!
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • jjd
    jjd Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    I too have just realised I have been ripped off by shopper discounts. It appears that the last time I ordered from interflora I clicked on the £10 of next order. I never ordered again and all the shopper discount emails came to my spam mail so I didn't check it.
    I know it sounds stupid but I haven't checked my credit card bill for months. I pay it by direct debit and as it was never very much I didn't check it. I actually remember seeing it on my statement a few months ago and thought it was from an ebay purchase.
    I emailed shopper discounts and they have said that they will refund all the money. Seems a bit strange, they obviously don't want any bad press and therefore understand it is somewhat of a scam if they are willing to refund your money with no questions asked. I will wait and see if the money comes!!!
  • ballyblack
    Options
    I have reported this company to BBC 1 'WATCHDOG' programme which is on again in October.

Here's hoping they will take up the matter on behalf of the consumer.
  • grandholm
    Options
    I have just noticed that I have been debited £8 per month on my credit card since July. The worrying thing is that I didn't use my own credit card the last time I booked with Easyjet - I used my friend's card because I was booking a flight for her! It seems that they have taken the saved details from my previous booking and used those credit card details. Very devious.

I have called shopper discounts and rewards, cancelled my "membership" and asked for all monies to be refunded. They agreed, without much persuasion, and I should receive a credit for £24 within ten days. I have also contacted Easyjet to ask that they review their association with these scammers, in light of the fact that they are being mentioned on many websites and the adverse publicity may not be good for business. I have also contacted Trading Standards.

I will post again if and when I get my refund.
  • leespot
    leespot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    I too was "had" by this advertisement. I called the number quoted here 0808 234 1539 and I complained that the advertisment was misleading, and that I wanted my money back. Which they agreed to, without any quibbles (is that even a word! lol) So, as of today they have said I will be refunded £32 within 10 days, with an email to confirm this. Bit of a bonus really because I only noticed it had been taken for two months and not four! :)
  • pabr
    Options
    So I just realised I got caught too. Again, Easyjet would be the guilty party. Is there no way that companies such as Easyjet, National Express, Interflora etc can be stopped from doing this? There seems to be enough information out there. Who would be contacted about this? The Watchdog thing should be helpful.
  • grandholm
    Options
    grandholm wrote: »
    I have just noticed that I have been debited £8 per month on my credit card since July. The worrying thing is that I didn't use my own credit card the last time I booked with Easyjet - I used my friend's card because I was booking a flight for her! It seems that they have taken the saved details from my previous booking and used those credit card details. Very devious.

I have called shopper discounts and rewards, cancelled my "membership" and asked for all monies to be refunded. They agreed, without much persuasion, and I should receive a credit for £24 within ten days. I have also contacted Easyjet to ask that they review their association with these scammers, in light of the fact that they are being mentioned on many websites and the adverse publicity may not be good for business. I have also contacted Trading Standards.

I will post again if and when I get my refund.

I got my refund credited to my card on 26th September. Hopefully, all who have been victims of this will be able to say the same!
  • splodgepi
    Options
    My daughter was booked on an Easyjet flight by friends of ours. I needed to changed her booking to a different date for various reasons so our friends forwarded my the easyjet confirmation email.

I checked with Easyjet that this would work, went into the existing booking and moved her to a new booking on a different date. I must have got caught in the Shoppers Discount trap (although I don't know how because I would never click a button that gives my bank details to a 3rd party and I am usually dubious of offers anyway) and the £8 fees were turning up our bank statement.

I called Shoppers Discount who were helpful enough but they could not find my account details. Eventually when I had given my bank card 16 digit number they were able to find it. It turns out my details had the name and email address of the friends of ours who made the original booking on EasyJet. Weird !
  • dealer_wins
    Options
    Dear Moneysavingexpert.com Forum Members:

As a company, Webloyalty takes consumer feedback very seriously. We have hundreds of thousands of satisfied members and we continually strive to provide our members with high value subscription services with excellent customer service. Since our subscription services are web-based, we proactively monitor the blogosphere to find opportunities to help our members, which is how this forum and your comments about Shopper Discounts & Rewards came to our attention.

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. All our dedicated customer service representatives are fully trained to respond to customers in a friendly and helpful manner.They can answer your questions or quickly and easily cancel your membership if that is what you want.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us. We can easily be reached by phone on 0808 234 1539 (this is a free phone number), Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. and Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., or send us an email to [EMAIL="customerservice@webloyalty.co.uk"]customerservice@webloyalty.co.uk[/EMAIL]. If you prefer, feel free to contact me directly via email at [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com"]consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com[/EMAIL].

Best regards,
    Mary O’Reilly
    Webloyalty Consumer Affairs
    Shopper Discounts & Rewards

The problem (which you choose not to address every time you cut and paste a pointless reply in this thread) is that most, if not all of your customers, were signed up without realising. It is IMO one big fraud, even the credit card companies are aware of your company and the underhand tactics used to sign up customers without their knowledge or consent.

The sooner you get shut down the better for all of us.
  • baggeyra
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your detailed note! I bought a national express ticket to start my travels around the world a few months back. It's only today as i plucked the courage to go through my accounts and cross check with all the receipts I accumulated when away, that I realised the £8 charges! I called and cancelled. Then I found your comments on this website, and called again and asked for a full refund. They said they will send a full refund for April, May, June, August, September and Octobre 2008 (that's £48!!! to initially save £10!). Has anyone been actually refunded yet?
    Evil Scammers! Thanks everyone to watch out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport