We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Options

Comments

• lifesuckssometimes
    Options
    Fly Ryanair
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
    IM JUST FEELING SLIGHTLY ROUGH TODAY
  • bob_jefford
    Options
    I'm back!
    I posted a few days back re the shoppers discount scam, reporting that I had spoken to an operator and had been promised a full refund - and the full refund has appeared in my bank account!!
    So don't take no for an answer - get your money back.
    Bob:T
  • dangeroussports
    Options
    I'm back!
    I posted a few days back re the shoppers discount scam, reporting that I had spoken to an operator and had been promised a full refund - and the full refund has appeared in my bank account!!
    So don't take no for an answer - get your money back.
    Bob:T

I got my money back plus £40 compo. :j
  • TVM01
    TVM01 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - i have been bitten by the shopper discount scam which i just noticed - have been paying £8 for the past 10 months via my credit card!!!:o :mad: I can recall signing up for the newsletter but am positive that i havent given out my credit card details. Really worrying how they got hold of my card details and my card company are hesistant to stop it as shopper discount have a right to take money apparently!!!:mad: I have disputed the transactions with my card company (M&S card). I have also called the shopper discount people but they have no recollection of my address or my name!!! How can i prove that i havent given them my card details?
  • QQuaver
    QQuaver Posts: 8,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TVM01 wrote: »
    How can i prove that i havent given them my card details?
    You are subscribed without giving out credit card details, it is done automatically by clicking subscribe.
  • TVM01
    TVM01 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry didnt understand that - If i havent given my credit card details how did they get hold of it in spite of me clicking subscribe?
  • fraoch
    fraoch Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cartridge Monkey also have this link both at the end of the checkout and in the confirmation email they send you. I have emailed them this MSE link "just in case they weren't aware of the details regarding this company".

Hopefully I shall be OK as I didn't click anything, jsut googled it and that's how I found this thread.
  • jeanssis
    jeanssis Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    TVM01 wrote: »
    Hi - i have been bitten by the shopper discount scam which i just noticed - have been paying £8 for the past 10 months via my credit card!!!:o :mad: I can recall signing up for the newsletter but am positive that i havent given out my credit card details. Really worrying how they got hold of my card details and my card company are hesistant to stop it as shopper discount have a right to take money apparently!!!:mad: I have disputed the transactions with my card company (M&S card). I have also called the shopper discount people but they have no recollection of my address or my name!!! How can i prove that i havent given them my card details?

Don't any of you (certainly those who have "suddenly" realised you've been paying £8 you shouldn't have for TEN MONTHS :shocked: ) ever check your statements ? Presumably not. Amazing !

Don't take this to mean I think this shoppers discount racket is ok as I certainly dont. I always keep all our cc receipts & check them against statement. :T
  • Gavins_Mummy
    Options
    I noticed last month that I'd been charged £8 but had no recollection of what it was for.

When I noticed it again this month I googled Shopper Discounts And came across this forum.

I called the freephone number and after a couple options got through to an operator very quickly (A British call centre too!)

She was a little defensive when I mentioned the word scam but agreed to cancel my membership and refund my money - I'd been paying since April.
    The fact that they are so willing to refund money without any question raises the point - What the hell was I paying £8 a month for ?

I will have to wait now to see if the refund actually materializes
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Refund will materialse Ok

They are counting on people not checkiing their credit card statements and paying £8 a month for years.

They cancel promptly when requested, preventing the credit card companies from barring them. (quite a clever scam)

I wonder what commission the companies that give ur C/C details away are being paid?????

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport