We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Options

Comments

• elvis_girl
    Options
    Has anyone got (or even tried to claim) any of the discounts?!
  • gym2boy
    Options
    Also I have found out after 6 months that they have taken money after purchasing a ticket on Easy jet. I have phone and asked to cancel and return all the charges.I have recorded the call ,and they have said they will return all the charges.Surprise surprise wen I found out that they return only one charge of 8 pounds ! When i phone to ask why the first explanation is that they said that they will return one by one and just wait for the rest they will come separetly.When i have mentioned the small clams court and that i had the recording second person said that they will return all charges in one within 10 working days.Let's wait and see if it happens .

Does anyone had any contact with Citozen advice or Trading Standarts so far? This company is terrible and would like to not leave the matter as it is ?
    Any feedback from them so far ?
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    elvis_girl wrote: »
    Has anyone got (or even tried to claim) any of the discounts?!

If the discounts were actually worth the £8 every month, they would not have to resort to fraudulently signing up customers.

This company really needs to be investigated by trading standards and shut down, and the companies that have passed on their customer's details to these thieves should be prosecuted as well as they are just as bad. IE. EASYJET, INTERFLORA, NATIONAL EXPRESS etc. They are all just as guilty as the evil Shopper Discounts and Rewards thieves.
  • elvis_girl
    Options
    If the discounts were actually worth the £8 every month, they would not have to resort to fraudulently signing up customers.

This company really needs to be investigated by trading standards and shut down, and the companies that have passed on their customer's details to these thieves should be prosecuted as well as they are just as bad. IE. EASYJET, INTERFLORA, NATIONAL EXPRESS etc. They are all just as guilty as the evil Shopper Discounts and Rewards thieves.

I know that I just wondered what they were offering for the 8 quid & if anyone had tried to claim it
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My boss managed to sign himself up on the company credit card not long as, before I cancelled it for him I had a look at the offers they show on the site, some are ok but generally they're similar to the % off/back offers you can get on any cashback website, certainly not worth paying a one off £8 fee for never mind £8 per month.
    As for getting a refund I think it arrived about 2 weeks after it was cancelled.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • katf114
    Options
    I've just had this happen to me after I bought some National Express tickets online. I called my credit card company and it seems they get this often as he had Shopper Discounts' number to hand and said the best way to stop it was to call them and cancel it yourself otherwise they'll just keep charging you. The number they gave me 0808 2341539. Called them up and they said they'd cancel it and refund my £8 and even got a confirmation email from them. Whether my account gets credited in 10 working days remains to be seen! They also maintained that I must have entered my credit card details in their website, when in fact all I did was click on their link because it said "Save £15 on your next ticket" and I was about to book some more tickets. Also when they wanted a valid email address to send the confirmation to, the one they had on my profile was one I barely used and definately wasn't the one I used for booking the bus tickets. Scammers the lot of them!!
  • exclusive82
    Options
    Hey, I have just realised I have been paying this £8 charge since I booked my easyjet flights in March.

I remember something saying "£10 off your next flight" or something similar so I gave them my email and stupidly thought nothing more of it.

Anyway I was checking my online banking today and noticed this £8 charge, for sdrc.com or something like that. I kept thinking back to the weekend trying to remember what I had bought.

Eventually I got worried and called the Halifax up and asked them, the advisor said it looked like online gambling or betting and I immediately thought I was the victim of internet fraud. She gave me the number to call, and when I typed in my debit card number - very cautiously - it said that I had joined with easyjet.

I was transferred to an advisor and blasted her out on the phone. She even had to explain to me what the hell Shopping Reward Saving was! She also said the call was freefone!

I felt scammed and conned. She said my account had been cancelled and she will refund me 5 x £8 payments over the next 10 working days!

What a scam! If I knew I would have to pay £8 a month I would never have opted for it - I don't even remember agreeing to paying £8 either. Surely this needs to be investigated? Things like this can't possibly be legal?!

Also I am very angry with easyjet for doing this! Don't they make enough money not to get involved with something like this. How could they simply transfer my bank details over without me having to fill in a form myself - the advisor said that my email address was a signature for the details to be given!

For them to pay back all the money with no argument surely means they are worried about this!

It made me realise that I must check my bank account every day to see what is coming out with it! I wonder how many people have been innocently losing out on money after opting to save money in the first place by being tempted into the £10 off your next easyjet flight.

It puts truth to the fact - if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is! NOTHING comes for FREE! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DO NOT BOTHER TO CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO COMPLAIN, it will only waste your time and theirs.

Call shoppers Discount & Rewards on their freephone number and you will be refunded. (I was, with no problems)

People who can't be assed to check their credit card statement pay for this underhand activity.
  • doc_rich
    Options
    I have just been caught by this and thanks to the MoneySavingExpert forum for helping me sort it. Noticed the charge last week on my bank account & queried it and my bank rapidly gave me the number 0802341539 to call. Canceling seems more straight forward these days but made sure I demanded a refund which was agreed so will have to wait & see. Apparently I was harvested last month via EXPEDIA.COM, I do recall a popup offering £15 off my next Expedia booking.

I had always classed Expedia as a trusted site, always had excellent service online and on the phone, BUT NO MORE. I now know that there has been plenty on this website and others for many months warning about Shoppers Discounts & Rewards so there’s no excuse for Expedia to have partnered with this outfit in ignorance. Expedia now sits down with Shopper Discounts & Rewards and the all the other rip off scumbag sites.

Thank goodness that there are still some sites like MoneySavingExpert.com that maintain the moral high ground for us hard pressed & vulnerable consumers.
  • I am glad it's not just me...............I fell for the sign up to the online saving club to recover "my" £10 discount for booking train tickets through The Trainline.com. Was puzzled to say the least when I saw an £8 debit on my latest credit card bill.........I rang them straight away and they agreed to cancel the membership straight away, which made me even more suspicious.
    Anyway I should be £2 up on the deal :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family