🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cesar Millan Dog Whisperer

Options

Comments

• Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Err hello - the programme is editted - that means any bits which might show what the general public might perceive as abuse. When you understand dog body language you can easily see the 'shut down' expression on the dogs faces. We're not talking 'petrified' abuse here, we're talking subtle (and not so subtle) mind games.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • ixwood
    ixwood Posts: 2,550 Forumite
    Options
    So, they're being "subtly" violently abused then? I'm not convinced.

I think the CM is cruel argument was over when people accused him of kicking dogs. I'm not so stupid that I can't see the (lack of) force used. To suggest he's seriously kicking them is laughable. It really is a touch.
  • ohwell
    ohwell Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    You can believe that if you like - but, from my experience and knowledge of physical restrictions and interventions, that dog is being starved of oxygen through CM applying pressure on the neck with a hand, and having a ligature tightened around the dogs neck.

Of course it is unable to get up immediately after the ligature is loosened and the pressure removed. I am not making value judgements here, just explaining what I observe.

If you think it is a safe thing to do I would have to queston your understanding of the causes and outcomes of ashphyxia.

I think this is the only thing you have seen of CM. If you would take the time to watch a selection of episodes you will see that he doesn't always hold the dog down in this way, Emily, the dog that was on the clip, was in the red zone, she wanted to attack big time. He had to use strength to keep her down so she can start to relax. Other dogs on other episodes are not as bad and once he has got them on their side they will stay there with out him holding them.

So can all of you who are "observing" 3 minute clips, please look at the full picture, listen to what he says and watch the program in full and more than one. there are so many times where he doesn't need to use all of his experience and can solve problem dogs by training the owners. By the way, I think you will find that his success rate is 100%, bet you cannot say that for all trainers.
  • LittleTinker
    LittleTinker Posts: 2,841 Forumite
    Options
    ohwell wrote: »
    I think this is the only thing you have seen of CM. If you would take the time to watch a selection of episodes you will see that he doesn't always hold the dog down in this way, Emily, the dog that was on the clip, was in the red zone, she wanted to attack big time. He had to use strength to keep her down so she can start to relax. Other dogs on other episodes are not as bad and once he has got them on their side they will stay there with out him holding them.

So can all of you who are "observing" 3 minute clips, please look at the full picture, listen to what he says and watch the program in full and more than one. there are so many times where he doesn't need to use all of his experience and can solve problem dogs by training the owners. By the way, I think you will find that his success rate is 100%, bet you cannot say that for all trainers.
    Well said. Ive never seen him use any cruel techniques at all....and as you say, he has such a brilliant success rate...if he were cruel then surly he wouldnt get recommendations?
  • foreign_correspondent
    Options
    What does this mean, in 'the red zone'? - is this CM speak? Um, to me, she didnt necessarily look like "she wanted to attack big time" - she looked eager, alert and inquisitive... however, CM claiming that aggression is her sole aim then allows him to justify using these tactics I suppose.
    you will see that he doesn't always hold the dog down in this way

Doesnt matter, in my opinion, he should never hold a dog down that way. There is a real risk of serious injury or death.

I totally fail to believe his sucess rate is 100% - please evidence this statement.
  • LittleTinker
    Options
    What does this mean, in 'the red zone'? - is this CM speak? Um, to me, she didnt necessarily look like "she wanted to attack big time" - she looked eager, alert and inquisitive... however, CM claiming that aggression is her sole aim then allows him to justify using these tactics I suppose.

Doesnt matter, in my opinion, he should never hold a dog down that way. There is a real risk of serious injury or death.

I totally fail to believe his sucess rate is 100% - please evidence this statement.
    Just goes to show that you know nothing about him, his methods, his reputation and he working team other than what you have seen on a short clip.

As the other poster pointed out.....it may be a good idea if you were to watch a broad spectrum of programs and perhaps read some literature and then you can comment with knowledge.
  • foreign_correspondent
    Options
    Just goes to show that you know nothing about him, his methods, his reputation and he working team other than what you have seen on a short clip.

As the other poster pointed out.....it may be a good idea if you were to watch a broad spectrum of programs and perhaps read some literature and then you can comment with knowledge.

I do appreciate your comments, you are sooo right, I shall go and watch CM and will have a go at strangling the dog later to see what happens. I am sure after I have strangled her for a bit she will be wonderful!

Watch this space!!!
  • LittleTinker
    Options
    I do appreciate your comments, you are sooo right, I shall go and watch CM and will have a go at strangling the dog later to see what happens. I am sure after I have strangled her for a bit she will be wonderful!

Watch this space!!!
    Arent you being a bit silly now? And even a tad condesending?

Why would you want to strangle your dog?
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    points to the word sarcasm in the dictionary for LT
  • LittleTinker
    Options
    points to the word sarcasm in the dictionary for LT
    Yes...I see the word sarcasm in the dictionary....how is this useful to me or the discussion?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport