O2 New Retention Tariff Discount 500 / Discount 750

Options

Comments

• ecologyemissions
    Options
    Like others- I am just off the phone after asking to give my one months notice. (Currently I was on 200 anytime minutes & 500 texts- which i had for £25 per month- but it had gone back to £30 as the 12 month had finished)When asked why i wanted to leave- i replied I had found a better deal with a competitor.

When put through to retentions I repeated the above and was asked who the deal was with I replied "3", and explained the deal I saw on their website:

300 anytime cross network minutes
    1000 texts
    £15 month line rental for 6 months
    £30 month line rental for 12 months
    = average £25 per month
    With the Nokia N80 free.

He looked at my details- and I am a low user, and he said did I actually need all the minutes and texts that I was after, so I replied I would rather have them than not have them. So he offered me:

500 cross network minutes
    500 texts
    £20 per month
    12 month contract only
    They couldnt offer the N80 so I went for the Samsung E900 (which isn't in stock till Fri week)
  • Kay
    Kay Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    asandwhen wrote:
    Its actually the 02 500 with a 50% discount so it is the same as the old discount 500 tariff - thats good to get another 20% off I shall be trying my hardest - what did you say to get this? when I tried there was nothing else I could get off he said "it is the absoltue cheapest tariff"

They originally offered me the 500 mins and 100 texts at the £17.50 - as my tariff is 750 mins and 150 texts for the same price, I said that the former was a bit too much, especially as mum was paying £12.50 before. You could always try, as I did last year, 'a friend of mine has got O2 500 with 20% off, can you match it?' Otherwise, try for the 750/150 on 18 month.
  • careym
    careym Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone have any idea when O2 will be getting the Nokia N80 instock?

Cheers
  • kaz250
    kaz250 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone knows if you can call 02 retentions if you are connected to 02 via carphone warehouse
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kaz250 wrote:
    Does anyone knows if you can call 02 retentions if you are connected to 02 via carphone warehouse

No, you will have to speak to the CPW as your account is not directly with O2
  • ernestrome
    Options
    My gf and i have both moved to discount 750 after considering flext35.

However upon receiving her first bill it appears they have not applied the discount to my gf's tariff which was to reduce it to £20 pm from £35.

They have now credited her with £90 to cover the first six months and then she must call again to get the next discount. But how can we be sure they won't just say no at that point?

I am with o2 online and apparently i will be receiving the reduced tariff for the first 12 months and credited with £90 to cover the last six.

I am now starting to be a bit suspicious of whether this is a a tactic to avoid giving the discount. I have urged my gf to seek the full discount for the entire 18 months if they will not discount the tariff. Has anybody had any similar experiences?
  • bargainaddict
    bargainaddict Posts: 534 Forumite
    Options
    meandu229 wrote:
    i was on the same tariff never went over except like 10p,, a few times,, i rang and said three have offered me 500mins 500 text for £17 she sed she'll give me 750 texts and 300mins for £15 a month with either a free phone or £100 credit,, i took credit,.
    Wow, what a deal, the guy I spoke to in retentions didn't want to know. Is it better to phone back when the contract needs cancelling ie 30days as I phoned a week early? Does it affect the deal I am offered because I have an online contract?
  • camason
    camason Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I just got off the phone to O2...

I was initially on the O2 200, with 200 texts, for £30 a month.

A couple of months ago, i downgraded to O2 100 at £25, to save some cash.

I moaned a little, and spoke of my ol' invisible friend with his great deal, and chucked the '3' deals in there.

New offer is:
    200 Minutes
    400 Texts
    Free K800i
    £15 a month, 12 month contract.

I'm happy with that :)
  • camason
    camason Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, and to add.

They're getting a new delivery of K800i's in on Friday, so be sure to call them then!

Is there any chance of them going back on the offered deal before then?
  • astra46
    astra46 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned O2 retentions and was offered a K800 for £49.99 and 500 mins and 500 texts for £20 a month on a 12 month contract.

Do you think it will be worth ringing up and saying ive seen a better deal with another network to try to get a better deal?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure