O2 New Retention Tariff Discount 500 / Discount 750

Options
matrix999
matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi Folks,

I think this has been discussed in a few posts but just to let you know O2 Retentions are pulling all stops to keep customers by matching just about anything you can find.

The two new tariffs they have on offer are called Discount 500 and Discount 750.

500 Anytime X Network Mins or 750 Anytime X Network Mins and 400 Texts as well all for £15.00 or £17.50

Comments

• matrix999
    Options
    Hi Folks, Me again!!

Just phoned O2 Retentions again 30 mins later and asked them to beat the deal I was offered and now they are offering the following:

Discount 500 - 500 X Network Mins
    500 Free Texts per month

£15.00 per month

£75.00 Credit applied to my account straight away no need to wait for cashback etc etc.. as i want to keep my handset - This will be a new 12 month contract even though no handset taken

So that works out at -

£15.00 x 12 months = £180.00 - £75.00 Credit = £105.00 for 12 months

Therefore = £8.75 per month after discount etc
  • rodders
    rodders Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Alternatively, get a new phone and flog it on eBay for a massive profit. I got the SE K750i for an extra 30 quid. They are selling for between £180 and £300 (bizzare, I know when you can get them new for £250 from SE), which makes your line rental between £0 and £5 per month. I think I'll need to call them again and get some more texts as I was only given 100 in my Discount 500 bundle.
    Nice to save.
  • shazcakes
    shazcakes Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    hi does anybody have the number for 02 retentions?
  • chrisvenn
    chrisvenn Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think im going to be doing this at renewal time :D
    If this post helped you Please say thanks :)
  • matrix999
    Options
    shazcakes wrote:
    hi does anybody have the number for 02 retentions?

I only have the number for O2 Online Retentions which is 0870 600 7102
  • soul_sister_2
    Options
    hi pay and go or contract retentions??
  • shazcakes
    Options
    Hi Matrix

I have just called and they said they can only do 500xmintues and 400txt for £25
    Did you get the name of the person you spoke to. They also said the 750 cross network minutes is £35
  • shazcakes
    Options
    hi me again. I did quote your offer and the person I spoke to said they cannot reduce the price any further.
  • soul_sister_2
    Options
    word of warning that tarrif is not available to everyone!!! mostly hvc's
  • rodders
    rodders Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    The way I got the offer was to wait to be offered it rather than asking! I started at CS, asking for a PAC number. When I was then passed to Retentions, I repeated my request for a PAC number. The guy asked how come and said that I got a better offer with Three and gave him the details - 500 anytime xnet plus 100 text. He asked if I had actually signed up and I said no. He quickly said that he would match it. I said Ok but what about a phone upgrade to as the Three offer included a new Nokia - now we're negotiating! We agreed on a SE K750 for £30 instead of £80. You've got to convince the person that they've got to convince you to stay by beating / matching Three's offer. You can always say "Oh, well, I think I'll just have my PAC number then" as you can always call back and try again.

I found it straightforward but I guess it depends on who you end up speaking to.
    Nice to save.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport