02 Retentions thread 2

Options
1471472473474475477»

Comments

• Frozen_up_north
    Options
    choyaa wrote: »
    In fairness the phone they offered is £359 on this site so it's much cheaper via o2?
    The airtime at £25 is about double the cost of a similar 30 day SIM only deal on Virgin who use the superior EE network, it needs to be offset against the handset at a "discount".

I'll let you do the maths, but it looks like the handset really costs around £504 on O2. (24 x £8, plus their extra network charge of 24 x £13 = £504).

Virgin offer 2500 mins, 4GB for £12/month, on a 30 day basis... Or 5000 mins, 20GB for £15/month.
  • choyaa
    choyaa Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    The airtime at £25 is about double the cost of a similar 30 day SIM only deal on Virgin who use the superior EE network, it needs to be offset against the handset at a "discount".

I'll let you do the maths, but it looks like the handset really costs around £504 on O2. (24 x £8, plus their extra network charge of 24 x £13 = £504).

Virgin offer 2500 mins, 4GB for £12/month, on a 30 day basis... Or 5000 mins, 20GB for £15/month.

Part of my issue is that I'm from Northern Ireland and the only network guaranteed to work anywhere is o2.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    choyaa wrote: »
    Part of my issue is that I'm from Northern Ireland and the only network guaranteed to work anywhere is o2.
    Are you sure that O2 provide better coverage than EE?

I'm just looking at the EE coverage map for NI, it looks pretty good. BTW, no network offers guaranteed coverage. EE will be rolling out the UK emergency services network soon and that will require robust coverage, I'm not sure if that contract includes NI or just the mainland of England, Scotland and Wales.
  • xxdiddiexx
    xxdiddiexx Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am on O2 Refresh and just paid of my device allowing me to upgrade my phone.

I am on a 30GB a month tariff and I hope I can change to a 10GB tariff.
    How likely are O2 to offer me a deal via retentions if I want the Samsung S8?

Current deal on the O2 website is:
    9.99 for the Samsung S8
    10GB per month
    Unlimited minutes & text
    Yearly Upgrade Programme
    Free Bluetooth speaker
  • Catherine_:]
    Options
    Has anyone got a good deal from o2 for 10gb data on sim only?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure