🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

02 Retentions thread 2

Options

Comments

• $17mma
    $17mma Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found this little beauty:

Iphone 5s 16gb
    8gb data per month
    unlimited calls
    unlimited text
    £25 cash back
    £37 per month
    24month contract
    o2
    £29 for phone (get £25 back in cash back deal so only paying £5 for the phone)

Go to Carphone Warehouse and type the following into the search:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/APPLE-IPHONE-5S-16GB-U445-D208U/18843499

Web only offer.
    All it takes for evil to succeed is for a good man to do nothing!
  • jennyren31
    Options
    Hi guys has anybody had any recent deals for iPhone 5s? I'm currently paying £30 approx a month and have iPhone 4S. That includes a £10 "loyalty discount" which I've had to fight tooth n nail for every time I've upgraded (last 3 contracts). There offering me £42 per month, which I can't afford.
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nah, O2 seem to be doing nothing to retain customers.

I rang last week to give 30 days notice, and asked for my PAC.

notice accepted, PAC given and no effort to offer me anything. I thought I might get a text after a few days, but nowt so far.

I'm planning to keep my S2 and go onto a Tesco single month contract until I see a spiffing deal somewhere
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • Everyonewantsmymoney
    Options
    O2 retentions dept. have offered me:

unlimited minutes (to whom I don't know - I use less than 100 anyway usually)

unlimited texts

5GB data (guaranteed to use 3 and there was nothing between 1 and 5)

iPhone 5S 16G (no upfront fee)

£42 a month/ 24 month contract

I should be saving money really and looking at SIM only deals as my handset is just fine but this looks so juicy!!

What do you guys think??
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just over £1000 over 2 years...put that way it maybe doesn't look as 'sweet'. Especially as you already know you don't need a new phone!
    Unlock your current phone, and stick a giffgaff sim in it. £12 a month will get you plenty minutes for what you use, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile data. Did I mention the £720 you'd save :)

EDIT: you might not even need to unlock the phone...so extra saving there too!
  • Everyonewantsmymoney
    Options
    Thanks for the reply :)

Who is giffgaff then?

As for the money, £42 split £22 line rental and £20 handset over 24 months means I'm getting a phone worth over £700 for £480 with no upfront cost and unlimited everything (pretty much). Factor in that I can guarantee good coverage and avoid the hassle of switching. Thinking I can sell my iPhone 4S which is in fairly good condition.

I'm a dream customer, I called them to downgrade to a SIM only and they've flogged me the newest iPhone on a two year contract :rotfl:
  • Tony5101
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://giffgaff.com/

Runs on O2 (actually part of the same group as O2) so coverage should be perfect for you!
    Buy a £12 goodybag each month - 250 minutes/unlimited texts/unlimited mobile data.
  • Everyonewantsmymoney
    Options
    Thanks for that! Can't believe giffgaff isn't more popular! Is there a catch?
  • Tony5101
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

LOL - it is popular :) If you do a forum search you'll find a massive thread on it :)
    Definitely worth a look ;)
  • xxdeebeexx
    xxdeebeexx Posts: 1,964 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Don't forget to order your sim through Topcasback for £4.54 cash back.

dx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family