We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

02 Retentions thread 2

1…406407409411412…477

Comments

  • finlay666
    finlay666 Posts: 213 Forumite
    1. Very little discount available, their tariffs are very uncompetitive now, £45 tariff which matches a £30 tariff elsewhere
    2. Absolutely, unfortunately
    3. Depends:
    With any discount - none
    Without discount - maybe with slight delay

    That being said it was easier to find an iPhone 4G/3GS than an HTC Desire over the past week when I have been looking!

    What do you use the phone for? T-mobile seem best for smartphones/data use (iphone 4 tariffs to be announced soon)
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,188 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Last time I upgraded (18 months ago) Vodaphone were doing a £130 cashback offer for new customers, I mentioned this and they sent me a cheque for £150 to stay. This time - nothing. PAC code received.

    Ah well - £90 from Vodaphone and a Sony Ericsson Vivaz, not too shabby x
  • camusalbert
    camusalbert Posts: 17 Forumite
    I have a Samsung Tocco Ultra Edition on o2.

    24 month contract,
    £30 a month- 600 mins,
    500 texts and
    unlimited web use.
  • I'm another who has just tasted some disappointment with O2.

    I'm currenty on a simplicity deal which is 200min, 400 texts and 1MB browsing with unlimited 02-02 calls for £15/ month.

    I really like the look of the new Samsung Galaxy S and was hoping to be able to work something out with them.

    They offered 300 mins, unlimited texts and Data (even though the data isnt unlimited) for 24 months @ £30/month + £99 for the handset

    What they wouldn't do is let me keep my 02-02 calls. They said I would need to buy the o2 family bolt-on which would add another £7.50 to the monthly bill.

    As I say I'm a bit disappointed, I've been with 02 ever since I've had a mobile ( and that goes back to BT Cellnet days). I'm willing to double my monthly bill and guarantee it for a two year contract, and all I'd like from them is to keep my 02-02 calls and yet still no deal :-(
  • kissmequick
    kissmequick Posts: 63 Forumite
    I have just asked for my PAC code. I too want the new Galaxy S, O2 are not willing to match better/cheaper monthly deals with Orange and Vodaphone. Very poor, I have also been a customer for over 10 years, since getting my first mobile. Bye bye O2!
  • daindian
    daindian Posts: 434 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 1 July 2010 at 9:12PM
    Hi guys im not on 02 but you could try upgrades through buymobilephones.net for 02 i gurentee they can beat what 02 are offering i got the desire 5 a month cheaper through them on upgrade with t mobile, also try other places like carephone warehouse, phones4u etc but phone them and see upgrades number is 08081682070
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    I just wanted a bog standard Nokia 6303. You'd think they would be looking to get rid of them. I pay £20 a month now for 600 mins 1200 sms and unlimited wifi and internet. They wanted £30 a month on a 24 month contract, with 300 mins and i loose the wifi. meaning the phone costs £240 ! I said I could buy it on pay as you go for £80, so how much can you sell me it as an in contract upgrade, handset only. £100 they wanted !

    I ended up buying it on P&G for £80 and trading in my old handset to cex.co.uk so ended up paying £50.
  • amyparr
    amyparr Posts: 256 Forumite
    Just spoke to o2 retentions and got offered the following deals:

    Recon Iphone 3GS
    600 minutes, unlimited texts, free o2-o2 calls, 500MB data. Free phone.
    £31pcm for 24 months
    £35pcm for 18 months

    Samsung Galaxy S
    18 Months £40pcm - 600 minutes, free o2 calls, unltd data and wifi. Phone £49
    24 Months £35pcm - 900 minutes, free 02 calls, unltd data and wifi. Phone free.
  • amyparr wrote: »
    Just spoke to o2 retentions and got offered the following deals:

    Recon Iphone 3GS
    600 minutes, unlimited texts, free o2-o2 calls, 500MB data. Free phone.
    £31pcm for 24 months
    £35pcm for 18 months

    Samsung Galaxy S
    18 Months £40pcm - 600 minutes, free o2 calls, unltd data and wifi. Phone £49
    24 Months £35pcm - 900 minutes, free 02 calls, unltd data and wifi. Phone free.

    Did you accept either?
    Did you mention iphone4 or HTC desire?
    I can upgrade now but just cant decide what to do
    Am i here to save money or spend money......hmmmmm
  • mrnomoneybags
    mrnomoneybags Posts: 633 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    O2 retentions are rubbish these days, i tried buymobilephones too...... and they where rubbish also.

    Looks like if your an O2 Customer leaving them is the best deal these days.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.