3 Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• bustyb293
    bustyb293 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    stubbsey wrote: »
    after reading this thread i've made 2 moves on the contracts i had.. Firstly on the first contract i rang them to end the contract. They talked me through various deals. Because this phone is for my wife and she didn't want a new phone i got a 1 month rolling contract for just under £10 a month for which i'm happy with. Second contract for myself i wanted a new phone. i rang to cancel my phone which i'm on mm1100 and my monthly spend is between £45 and £70 a month. I requested a PAC number and they then proceeded to offer me an N97 for £35 a month. Although this on my current price plan is £47 amonth i refused. He then asked me what i wanted to pay. I told him around £25 amonth on 18 month contract. He told me this wasn't possible as the phone alone is £600 to buy. I then told him that this is rubbish as i could buy one direct from nokia for £499 inc vat. he said inturn that this still doesn't give much room in payments to pay for phone and line rental. Rightly or wrongly i then said that 3 would be getting these phones for less than i could buy them for and that i spend more than my monthly package anyway so i'm sure the profit margin is still there. We went back and forth and finally i refused the deal. I've already recieved my code by text and i will get a payg card asap for me to transfer the number too. lets see if they will contact me.
    Also forgot to mention they did offer me a slightly better deal that the one they first offered me but i asked them to confirm this by email or letter and they wouldn't as ( it wasn't company policy) so i refused so i wouldn't get stung with a contract i hadn't agreeded to.

current spend £45-£70 you should have been on a different contract long ago, as that is costing to much as the mix and is only a £27 contract. with your spend lets say £60 x 18, I would have thought they would have given you the 97.

On another note they tell F****ng lies, he said one of our current deal is 20 per month, thatsthe best he can do, I said even on-line through upgrades is about 15, he said not possible.....on mix and match 1100 this morning £13.25! they talk crap this bloke rang me from a different number 05406 said he was a manager.

What a bunch.
  • gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    edited 8 August 2009 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Got a letter this morning from Three, dated 3rd August (yes, we've been having postal strikes, but that was still after I'd rejected delivery of the phone and given them notice to cancel). It said it was hoping I liked my new mobile, a Nokia 6220, and saying that it was on VTT500 at £5 a month for 18 months. Naturally I was delighted and called them to reinstate the deal, explaining that I rejected the phone because I hadn't asked for it as I was told that it would be on a new contract with no discount compared to what a new customer would get (and they of course can get £32.50 back through Quidco).

After their usual faffing about, I was told that the letter was a mistake and that my contract would really have been £17.50 a month. They would have called me at some stage to tell me this! By which time, of course, I would have "used" the phone so it would have been a huge fight to send it back even though it would have been my legal right to do so.

mutley74 - how's it going with your new phone on VTT500 @£5? Have they bumped you up to £17.50 a month yet? :rolleyes:

Edit: stubbsey - you can see that there's no point in asking for a letter because a letter is apparently not worth the paper it's written on!
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • gromituk
    edited 8 August 2009 at 1:19PM
    Options
    By the way, at no stage has My3 reported that I was on anything other than VTT500, even though this Three person just told me that the 18 month new contract was still live. It still says VTT500 with this mysterious Add Internet 10 which appeared around the time the farce started. And it's at pains to point out that if I'm changing my contract, these are my NEW details. So with that and the letter saying the same thing, I might have got away with it had I accepted the phone, because a human being might not have scrutinised it and noticed the error. But who knows?
  • ik1
    ik1 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    I gave my 30 days notice last week and 3 havent rang me back. Last couple of years they used to ring within 3-4 days so is it that 3 have given up on customer retentions?

I am on the sim only £5 a month deal with 250 mins and 50 txts with internet addon.

Anyone had any luck with retentions recently especially with a new phone or should I be looking elsewhere after 2-3 years with three.

Thanks
  • jebervic
    jebervic Posts: 861 Forumite
    Options
    IK1 wrote: »
    I gave my 30 days notice last week and 3 havent rang me back. Last couple of years they used to ring within 3-4 days so is it that 3 have given up on customer retentions?

I am on the sim only £5 a month deal with 250 mins and 50 txts with internet addon.

Anyone had any luck with retentions recently especially with a new phone or should I be looking elsewhere after 2-3 years with three.

Thanks

They're not intersted anymore "we're in the business of making money" were the words to me from the exec office, I have the £5 a month for 500 mins and 100 texts, I just asked for a new phone or extra texts to be added, I didn't think it was too much to ask, baring in mind I have 6 other contracts with 3, gave 30 days notice on this and another account, the other 5 to follow.
  • ik1
    Options
    jebervic wrote: »
    They're not intersted anymore "we're in the business of making money" were the words to me from the exec office, I have the £5 a month for 500 mins and 100 texts, I just asked for a new phone or extra texts to be added, I didn't think it was too much to ask, baring in mind I have 6 other contracts with 3, gave 30 days notice on this and another account, the other 5 to follow.

Oh well looks like I will be going to o2 with 12 months sim only deal working out about £11 a month after cashback so a little more expensive than 3 however reception will be better and I will opt for unlimited internet addon whereas I pay at the moment.

To be fair 3 have been terrific last couple of years and previously offered me 17 months free on 18 month contract with 500 mins and 100 txts. My wife has currently £8 deal with 750mins, txts, mms, video mins etc.

I would be prepared to pay more with a half decent phone.
  • ik1
    Options
    I am just wondering if 3 will come back to offer anything at all?

It's been a while since I gave my 30 days notice but if no one else has had anything, I might as well change the 30 days notice and get a PAC to transfer my number as I am after a new phone so 3 probably will not offer anyhting other than what they give new customers.

So has anyone been successful at getting anything after giving notice to 3?

Thanks
  • butterbeanmash
    Options
    jebervic wrote: »
    I have the £5 a month for 500 mins and 100 texts, I just asked for a new phone or extra texts to be added, I didn't think it was too much to ask

I asked for weekly upgrades, unlimited use as a modem, a new Ferrari and the moon on a stick. I don't think it was too much to ask.

I think you're on a VERY good contract, and I don't think it's unreasonable for 3 to expect you to fund your own upgrade, bearing in mind that whatever 'phone you chose to buy it would STILL be cheaper than obtaining it under any of the contracts offered by 3.

Many people in this thread have good cause to bash 3, but some should should perhaps be grateful for the deal they already have...
  • gromituk
    Options
    I think you're on a VERY good contract, and I don't think it's unreasonable for 3 to expect you to fund your own upgrade
    I agree.
    bearing in mind that whatever 'phone you chose to buy it would STILL be cheaper than obtaining it under any of the contracts offered by 3.
    Except that it wouldn't. Three are offering nothing to retain customers; just what they offer new customers, which works out more expensive than if you were a new customer because you can't get cashback.
  • RagingDragon
    Options
    How hard is it to transfer ownership of contract? Maybe some of the people who are cancelling because they've had enough of three could transfer their cheap (i.e. £5 a month) contracts to someone else who could benefit from the contract even as a sim only contract? Just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure