We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

3 Retention Deals

My contract with the Link on 3 comes to an end on 11 Feb. I served them the 30 days notice and have now been offered this tempting offer if I do not need a new handset

9 months at £15 + 3 months at £30 = £225 less £149.23 credit =£75.77 over the term averaging £6.32 a month.

This is for 500 xnet minutes and 100 texts per month

Has anybody been offered anything better from 3 ?
«134567…447

Comments

  • mbamick
    mbamick Posts: 291 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I saw a similar offer posted in this forum a couple of days ago, where the same deal, with no phone upgrade, was quoted as £76.00 mate. The other poster was hanging out for a call-back from 3, offering an improved deal.

    I'm not sure whether the same Credit [£149.23] was applied; and the post didn't make it clear; but it strikes me as a great deal. My 400 mins + 250 txts contract is coming to an end on 3rd Feb 07, so I appreciate your timely post.

    Mick
  • wadge
    wadge Posts: 140 Forumite
    I got offered the same as OP...going to take it. No point waiting. My wife has been offered a good deal on her O2 contract. Details in the O2 rentention thread.
  • I've just wrote 3 a letter giving 30 days notice on my contract and hopefully they'll offer me the same deal.

    Does these deals work on a cashback basis where you pay the £15 and £30 a month, or do you just pay the £6.32 per month?

    Either way it's a pretty good deal!
  • dave49
    dave49 Posts: 70 Forumite
    I was offered a similar deal back in june - from one of their Indian call centres. They took the (full) money didn't send the phone or pay the credit! -bunch of cheats.
    Beware of their tempting deals - they refuse to put anything in writing or even send an e mail to confirm the offer.
    Took ages to cancell that 'deal'.
  • I decided to go for this offer. The conditions were well explained to me and I have been impressed with the improvement in quality of 3's customer services in recent months, so credit where credit is due. I feel much more confident dealing with them directly than taking a chance on cashback with a dealer
  • smaJ
    smaJ Posts: 40 Forumite
    hey,

    ive read that some people hand in your 30 days notice and wait for 3 to contact you later with a "killer deal".

    my question is does this actually work - do they actually get back to you??

    i know i could go to another network and cashback deals etc but it is a lot of hassle and id rather stay with 3.

    thanks in advance

    James
  • Do you have to write them a letter, or will phoning up and asking for a porting code do the trick?
  • Does these deals work on a cashback basis where you pay the £15 and £30 a month, or do you just pay the £6.32 per month?

    I would like to know this too. I suspect they send you a cheque for the credit, and then you have to pay the £15, and £30 a month.
  • I phoned them 30 days before my contract was due to end to cancel and they offered me a deal that worked out about £16 a month with a new phone. I told them I would think about it. The next day I phoned them and advised that I still wanted to cancel and requested a pac code. It was at this stage I was given the deal averaging £6.32 a month if i did not require a new handset.

    The deal works as follows they credit my account with £149.23 on month one and then for the first 9 months they charge me half price rental @ £15 per month and the final 3 months I am charged £30 a month. So if I stick within my call limit I end up paying nothing from month 1 -9 as my credit fully covers this. On month 10 I am still £14.23 in credit so just pay £15.77 and on months 11 + 12 I pay £30 each month so I pay a total of £75.77 over the last 3 months but nothing for the first 9 months.

    There are no cheques or cashback claims required.Hence the attraction of the deal.
  • Do you have to write them a letter, or will phoning up and asking for a porting code do the trick?

    Just phone them up. Their customer services are much improved over recent months and easy to deal with.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.