3 Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    Options
    I've just noticed something odd: I went to "My3->Account details" to make sure I was still on VTT500, and under "Active Add-ons" they are listing "Add Internet 10" (a 10MB monthly data allowance, costing £2.50). I haven't been charged for this. Is this showing up for anyone else on this tariff?
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DO NOT waste your time renewing your Three mobile upgrade online.....
    i have wasted so much time with the Cust services this time.....first they promised me new handset would be delivered midweek. rang them yesterday they said they cancelled my new handset, therefore i asked to remove my upgrade on account - they confirmed this all.
    Phone a 3 STore who said they are happy to do my upgrade instore - they can do this if you request them to phone customer accounts to conform any loyalty bonuses are retained.
    Then bu off chance found out that 3 have a new phone due for delivery next week, and they refused to cancel my order now.

Next time i will go straight to a store, much easier, less hassle and means you can see the phone before first!
  • gromituk
    Options
    Thanks - may pop into my local tomorrow. Still willing to "cancel my cancellation" with a deal like that despite them sending me a phone I had not asked for.

So to clarify: are you still getting the 6700 for £20 on the VTT500 @ £5 a month for 12 months like they originally said?

Have you got the Internet 10 add-on like I apparently have?
  • gromituk
    Options
    Hmmm - have just called my local and the guy was polite but said he thought that they would be able to do no more than the customer services people as the final decision is up to the latter. He did say that they had fed back complaints about the current obsessive sales-based behaviour of their customer services people (such as sending me a phone I hadn't asked for).
  • mutley74
    Options
    gromituk wrote: »
    Thanks - may pop into my local tomorrow. Still willing to "cancel my cancellation" with a deal like that despite them sending me a phone I had not asked for.

So to clarify: are you still getting the 6700 for £20 on the VTT500 @ £5 a month for 12 months like they originally said?

Have you got the Internet 10 add-on like I apparently have?

yes thats the deal i have been offered and shop was offering same too..best to call local store saves a journey.
    i have piad for an extra add on but will check again
  • gromituk
    Options
    OK - perhaps I should call another store then - perhaps without the opening line "customer services have refused to do any upgrades." ;)
  • jebervic
    jebervic Posts: 861 Forumite
    Options
    mutley74 wrote: »
    yes thats the deal i have been offered and shop was offering same too..best to call local store saves a journey.
    i have piad for an extra add on but will check again

6700 for £20, thats a cracking deal, i've got the VTT 500 for £5 a month and they won't give me anything:mad:
  • jlj_2
    jlj_2 Posts: 272 Forumite
    Options
    jebervic wrote: »
    6700 for £20, thats a cracking deal, i've got the VTT 500 for £5 a month and they won't give me anything:mad:

Me too. I've got 2 phones on it and one has the £15 internet add on and have been told both on the phone and in a 3 store that I won't get a phone this year. I still think the £5 deal is a good one though, even without the phone so am sticking with it.
  • jebervic
    jebervic Posts: 861 Forumite
    Options
    jlj wrote: »
    Me too. I've got 2 phones on it and one has the £15 internet add on and have been told both on the phone and in a 3 store that I won't get a phone this year. I still think the £5 deal is a good one though, even without the phone so am sticking with it.

I've gone through to cancellation, but im reluctant to let it go, we'll see if they do come back to me, I would like a new phone or more texts added.
  • mutley74
    Options
    jebervic wrote: »

you can upgrade if youre on a pay monthly either by phoning them; online or by calling into a 3 store.

best to check them or phone a store and give them your account details. BTW the 6700 is free on a 18mth contract!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure