Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

Comments

• Hi Tim, thanks for your reply. No, I tried speaking to them but got put on hold for absolutely ages and got fed up waiting. I intend to hand deliver my letter (which I have updated accordingly) to the store tomorrow and post copies to both head office and Trading Standards. I've also e-mailed Consumerline again to update them and ask for further assistance if Dreams fail to produce the refund. Thanks again for your responses.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Good luck, it should get them moving.
  • Hi guys, I'm still in the throes of trying to get my money back! I submitted my letter to Dreams and took back the pillow at the same time but they said they couldn't take it because Head Office was dealing with the matter. I got a call today from Head Office saying that they could deliver the goods tomorrow but I've told them to forget it and they're trying to insist on the "administration fee". I reiterated what Trading Standards had told me previously and they said they wanted written confirmation of this from Trading Standards themselves, so I phoned Trading Standards. They said that because this was a civil dispute they cannot intervene and therefore could not provide anything in writing. They did say, though, that I should stick to my guns and pursue Dreams for a full refund, giving them 7 days to produce full payment. They said that if they failed to produce a full refund, I would have to go through the small claims court. Although I don't really want to do this, I think I'm going to have to - but it should be OK as I work for a large corporate solicitors' practice so will have plenty of legal support. Time to pull out the big guns me thinks!
  • Tim_Deegan
    Sheggymoo wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm still in the throes of trying to get my money back! I submitted my letter to Dreams and took back the pillow at the same time but they said they couldn't take it because Head Office was dealing with the matter. I got a call today from Head Office saying that they could deliver the goods tomorrow but I've told them to forget it and they're trying to insist on the "administration fee". I reiterated what Trading Standards had told me previously and they said they wanted written confirmation of this from Trading Standards themselves, so I phoned Trading Standards. They said that because this was a civil dispute they cannot intervene and therefore could not provide anything in writing. They did say, though, that I should stick to my guns and pursue Dreams for a full refund, giving them 7 days to produce full payment. They said that if they failed to produce a full refund, I would have to go through the small claims court. Although I don't really want to do this, I think I'm going to have to - but it should be OK as I work for a large corporate solicitors' practice so will have plenty of legal support. Time to pull out the big guns me thinks!

From what I understand the "administration fee" is actually illegal. They have broken the contract by not supplying the bed within the stated time. So they have to give you a refund.
  • Hi Tim, thanks for your reply. I'm just off the phone from Dreams who are intent on this "administration fee" so off to court I go! They are just so frustrating and will not listen at all. They're still trying to get me to take delivery of the goods tomorrow but from the lies they have told me in the past I want no further dealings with them; the worst of which was 2 weeks ago when the salesman phoned me to say he was ringing to book a delivery date, then when I put it to him about previous delivery dates his response was "sure I can't arrange a delivery date until the goods are in store" which, clearly, they weren't. I am just so frustrated with the whole mess. I've been ill and off work for the last 5 months as I can hardly walk - the reason I ordered the darn thing in the first place, and could really do without all this hassle.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Sheggymoo wrote: »
    Hi Tim, thanks for your reply. I'm just off the phone from Dreams who are intent on this "administration fee" so off to court I go! They are just so frustrating and will not listen at all. They're still trying to get me to take delivery of the goods tomorrow but from the lies they have told me in the past I want no further dealings with them; the worst of which was 2 weeks ago when the salesman phoned me to say he was ringing to book a delivery date, then when I put it to him about previous delivery dates his response was "sure I can't arrange a delivery date until the goods are in store" which, clearly, they weren't. I am just so frustrated with the whole mess. I've been ill and off work for the last 5 months as I can hardly walk - the reason I ordered the darn thing in the first place, and could really do without all this hassle.

Well I'm sure a legal letter from the company you work for will make them realise that you aren't going to back down (which is what they are trying to get you to do).
  • kazzah60
    kazzah60 Posts: 752 Forumite
    I would like to PRAISE the dreams store at coventry airport site
    yes PRAISE them !!!!!!!!!

hubby and I went into the store on 15th Nov - told the chap we wanted a nice comfy DECENT bed ( we are no lightweights hubby and I !!)
    the lovely sales man too us to the back of the store ignoring all the "trendy" beds and bed stead type things and showed us the memory foam and sprung mattress and divan sets
    he told us to take a decent pillow off one bed and try all the beds for a few minutes each before deciding if they were what we were after
    he made me a lovely cup of tea and DH a lovely coffee

we chose a bed - he gave us a mattress cover and two memory foam pillows free of charge as per their offer
    he knocked 30% off some extra deep fitted sheets ( the mattress we chose is 9ins deep!)

he said the bed would be delivered within 2-4 weeks and we would be called to arrange a convenient date and on the day to arrange a convenient time slot
    he gave us a mattress bag to put our old mattress in for them to take away with the old bed

on 20th November we had a phone call to say out bed would be available for delivery from 25th Nov onwards - I chose Friday 26th
    at 8.40 am on Fri Nov 26th the delivery man called me and asked if a 2-4 pm slot was oK?
    great said I - no need to rush to hoover floor etc !!
    at 2.05 a phone call from delivery man to say he was at the top of the main road by us and would be 10 mins
    at 2.12pm the bed arrived, they took it upstairs, took the old one away and we have been sleeping on a bed of dreams ever since !!!!!!!!!!!!!

so - as far are we are concerned OUR experience has been a fab one#
    hope everyon else gets sorted too
    Kaz
  • Tim_Deegan
    kazzah60 wrote: »
    I would like to PRAISE the dreams store at coventry airport site
    yes PRAISE them !!!!!!!!!

hubby and I went into the store on 15th Nov - told the chap we wanted a nice comfy DECENT bed ( we are no lightweights hubby and I !!)
    the lovely sales man too us to the back of the store ignoring all the "trendy" beds and bed stead type things and showed us the memory foam and sprung mattress and divan sets
    he told us to take a decent pillow off one bed and try all the beds for a few minutes each before deciding if they were what we were after
    he made me a lovely cup of tea and DH a lovely coffee

we chose a bed - he gave us a mattress cover and two memory foam pillows free of charge as per their offer
    he knocked 30% off some extra deep fitted sheets ( the mattress we chose is 9ins deep!)

he said the bed would be delivered within 2-4 weeks and we would be called to arrange a convenient date and on the day to arrange a convenient time slot
    he gave us a mattress bag to put our old mattress in for them to take away with the old bed

on 20th November we had a phone call to say out bed would be available for delivery from 25th Nov onwards - I chose Friday 26th
    at 8.40 am on Fri Nov 26th the delivery man called me and asked if a 2-4 pm slot was oK?
    great said I - no need to rush to hoover floor etc !!
    at 2.05 a phone call from delivery man to say he was at the top of the main road by us and would be 10 mins
    at 2.12pm the bed arrived, they took it upstairs, took the old one away and we have been sleeping on a bed of dreams ever since !!!!!!!!!!!!!

so - as far are we are concerned OUR experience has been a fab one#
    hope everyon else gets sorted too
    Kaz

As I said earlier, even Dreams get it right occasionally. But you haven't told us anything that they have done that wasn't what you would expect.

Out of interest, what make and model did you buy?
  • kazzah60
    kazzah60 Posts: 752 Forumite
    Quite right Tim - this should be EVERYONEs experience really !
    we bought a 4 drawer chaucer divan (?)
    that will probably mean something to you - to me it is BLISS !!!
    karen
  • moxie_2
    moxie_2 Posts: 609 Forumite
    I too had a good experience this week with Dreams (after having terrible experiences with Dell and Fat Face, detailed elsewhere). I bought a mattress last Saturday. I was told it was going to be delivered yesterday and that I would get a phone call giving me a 2 hour window when it would be delivered, so I needn't stay in all day. I got a phone call at 10, saying it would be delivered between 1 and 3. It came at 2. None of this is exceptional, but they did exactly what they said they would, which is pretty unusual in my experience!
    Total debt May 2005 £83,232 :eek:
    Total Debt November 2009 £0! DEBT FREE!
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
    Official DFW Nerd Club member no. 028
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business