Forum Home» Praise, Vent & Warnings

Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints? - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
724 replies 242K views

Replies

• Hi guys - yet another dissatisfied customer of Dreams! I ordered my new bed and mattress on 8th October and was assured I would take delivery within 28 days (5th Nov). I gave it an extra couple of days and then called them on 10th Nov, when they said it would definitely be with me the next week. Now, 19th Nov, still no bed so I phoned them again, explained the situation and the saleswoman said she'd call me back - she didn't. I phoned back a little while later and she told me she'd just had an e-mail saying that it was expected next Tuesday. At this point I was really cross and told her just to cancel the order. She said that this would incur an administration fee (the £200 deposit I've already paid) but how could this be when they haven't upheld their side of the contract?
  • Sheggymoo wrote: »
    Hi guys - yet another dissatisfied customer of Dreams! I ordered my new bed and mattress on 8th October and was assured I would take delivery within 28 days (5th Nov). I gave it an extra couple of days and then called them on 10th Nov, when they said it would definitely be with me the next week. Now, 19th Nov, still no bed so I phoned them again, explained the situation and the saleswoman said she'd call me back - she didn't. I phoned back a little while later and she told me she'd just had an e-mail saying that it was expected next Tuesday. At this point I was really cross and told her just to cancel the order. She said that this would incur an administration fee (the £200 deposit I've already paid) but how could this be when they haven't upheld their side of the contract?

Call trading standards in the morning.

I think a letter with contend advised by trading standards, and stating that you are sending a carbon copy to them, would probably get things moving in your favour.
  • Hi Tim, thanks for your reply. I did submit an online complaint to Trading Standards yesterday and have composed the following letter to Dreams:

"Dear Sirs,

I refer to the above and write to cancel my order within the terms of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) (Amendment) Regulations 2005, which details a right to cancel a contract up to 7 days after receipt of goods.

Having ordered the products as detailed above, I was assured by your staff that I would be in receipt of my new bed and mattress within 28 days (ie, 5th November 2009). After giving a few more days’ leeway I phoned the store on 10th November 2009 and was told that I would have my bed and mattress the following week. I did not. After a few more days’ leeway I called the store again, explaining the situation and was told by the lady I spoke to that she would investigate and phone me back. She did not. I phoned back around an hour and a half later and was told that an e-mail had just come in confirming the bed would be in store next Tuesday. It was at this point that I asked verbally for the order to be cancelled.

“Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
    Misleading actions
    (1) A commercial practice is a misleading action if it satisfies the conditions in either paragraph (2) or paragraph (3).
    (2) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph—
    (a) if it contains false information and is therefore untruthful in relation to any of the matters in paragraph (4) or if it or its overall presentation in any way deceives or is likely to deceive the average consumer in relation to any of the matters in that paragraph, even if the information is factually correct; and
    (b) it causes or is likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise.”
    In relation to paragraph (2)(b) above, I would point out that if I had known at the time I entered into a contract with you that I would have to wait as long as I have done, I would not have placed the order with you.

I am now absolutely fuming about the whole situation; the fact that the goods have not been delivered as originally stated; the fact that I have been lied to as regards the progress of delivery; and the fact that I have had to wait even longer in discomfort for a bed that I ordered for healthcare reasons.

I absolutely will not concede to the “administration fee” as stated by your employee as it is clear that Dreams plc has clearly breached the contract made between us on 8th October 2009 by not delivering the goods within the timescale originally quoted. I expect a full refund of my £200 deposit, and will of course return the unopened pillow (as detailed above) to the store when I come to receive a full refund of my deposit.

I look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency in order to sort out what has, quite frankly, become a bit of a headache."
  • That should do the trick.

Let us know how you get on, good luck.
  • groovychick69groovychick69 Forumite
    170 posts
    I had an issue with their " interest free pay nothing for a yesr deal" i was told that as long as we pay on the last day of our deal then we dont have to pay any interest. What they neglected to say was that by paying on the last day or any other day prior to the official end of the agreement (i.e after 3 years and paying double) then we would have to pay £29.00 early settlement fee. Our product was sold to us by ast manager who to this day states that she knew nothing of the fee!!! needless to say Dreams have apologised and sent us a cheque for said amount however i wonder how many people dont moan and just pay up!!!!
  • Hi guys,

Thanks for your response, Tim. I spoke to the guy at Dreams yesterday who sold me the goods and he said he was ringing to organise a delivery date this Thursday coming. I agreed to give them one last chance to redeem themselves but I have a nagging feeling that I still won't have them - only time will tell! However, I also spoke to Consumerline (NI trading standards people) who have confirmed that I am absolutely within my rights to cancel the order without penalty due to the fact that Dreams have breached the contract by not providing the goods within the timescale stated on the order form provided. So, failing delivery on Thursday, my letter will be sent and a full refund expected. My advice to anyone else would be absolutely don't go near them and try small local firms with much better customer service!
  • We put a deposit on a bed with Dreams (£100 cash at Purley store,) we then received an email stating that the balance (of £993) needed to be paid via customer services. We transferred a £1000 into the account (cash at the Streatham branch of Abbey on 09/11/09) then phoned Dreams to pay the balance on the 9th November 09. We were told it had been declined. We then spent 2 days between Abbey branches and customer services at Dreams finding out what had happened. Dreams kept saying they didn't have the money and Abbey gave us an authorisation code to say they did and that it sometimes took a few days for it to go through and if we didn't see the money of £993 back in our account that Dreams would have it. The money never materialised in our account so we wrongly assumed that Dreams had the money.
    Last Friday (20/11/09) we received a Text message from Dreams to say they will deliver the bed on Tuesday 24/11/09.
    Today (24/11/09) we had a phone call to say they will deliver the bed between 12 & 3.30 but we had to pay the remaining balance. We went to the Streatham branch of Abbey and they gave us two print outs showing that the transaction had been approved and paid on 09/11/09 at 12:32 to Dreams PLC. I then contact Customer services at Dreams who wished to see the printouts.
    I took the documentation back to Dreams (Purley) who verified I had paid, they contacted the delivery driver to authorise delivery and then they contacted Customer services to clear the balance. After two hours in the store they refused to deliver the bed and are still denying they have the money.
    We are at a loss of where to go from here as Abbey are saying they do not have the money and can prove Dreams have it and Dreams are saying it was declined and they never received any payment.
    We can not afford to make another payment to buy another bed due to my wife not working (cannot afford childcare) and I am only working part time. I suffer from arthritis and my wife is awaiting an operation to her leg which is why we bought the new bed.

Has anyone got any idea's? I just want the money so I can take my business elsewhere!!!
  • We put a deposit on a bed with Dreams (£100 cash at Purley store,) we then received an email stating that the balance (of £993) needed to be paid via customer services. We transferred a £1000 into the account (cash at the Streatham branch of Abbey on 09/11/09) then phoned Dreams to pay the balance on the 9th November 09. We were told it had been declined. We then spent 2 days between Abbey branches and customer services at Dreams finding out what had happened. Dreams kept saying they didn't have the money and Abbey gave us an authorisation code to say they did and that it sometimes took a few days for it to go through and if we didn't see the money of £993 back in our account that Dreams would have it. The money never materialised in our account so we wrongly assumed that Dreams had the money.
    Last Friday (20/11/09) we received a Text message from Dreams to say they will deliver the bed on Tuesday 24/11/09.
    Today (24/11/09) we had a phone call to say they will deliver the bed between 12 & 3.30 but we had to pay the remaining balance. We went to the Streatham branch of Abbey and they gave us two print outs showing that the transaction had been approved and paid on 09/11/09 at 12:32 to Dreams PLC. I then contact Customer services at Dreams who wished to see the printouts.
    I took the documentation back to Dreams (Purley) who verified I had paid, they contacted the delivery driver to authorise delivery and then they contacted Customer services to clear the balance. After two hours in the store they refused to deliver the bed and are still denying they have the money.
    We are at a loss of where to go from here as Abbey are saying they do not have the money and can prove Dreams have it and Dreams are saying it was declined and they never received any payment.
    We can not afford to make another payment to buy another bed due to my wife not working (cannot afford childcare) and I am only working part time. I suffer from arthritis and my wife is awaiting an operation to her leg which is why we bought the new bed.

Has anyone got any idea's? I just want the money so I can take my business elsewhere!!!

Contact Dreams head office and explain the situation. If that doesn't work then try contacing Trading Standards and see what they say.
  • Hi guys, well as I suspected I am not going to have my new bed tomorrow! I just received a call from Dreams to say that the goods have not arrived in store and therefore cannot be delivered tomorrow. I am sending off my letter tomorrow, which I have copied to Dreams Head Office and Trading Standards, in order to get a full refund. My partner had gone over to the store yesterday to pay the balance in preparation for delivery on Thursday so I'm expecting a full refund of £765. I spoke to Trading Standards at the end of last week who confirmed that I am well within my rights to cancel the order because Dreams has clearly breached the contract by not providing the goods within the timescale provided. I am absolutely fuming! I've waited 7 weeks for absolutely nothing but hassle. In my opinion these are a crowd of cowboys who lie to their customers! The salesman I spoke to last week had "guaranteed" that I would have the goods this week and that was the only reason I didn't cancel at that time. Now I've just had enough!
  • have you spoken to Dreams head office yet?