Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
724 replies 242K views

Replies

• RadoJoRadoJo Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Do they not state an estimated delivery time when you place the order? Many companies do a similar thing of ordering in stock to fulfill customer orders, but they usually at least state which items can be delivered under their advertised Ts and Cs and which will have a waiting time. And if you have paid extra for deilvery then that should at least be refunded if they fail to deliver within a reasonable time.
  • Well in my case ,they sent ,what I persume is a standard letter
    The estimated delivery time of your order will be 14-28 days,there is no need to chase as our despatch co-ordinators will contact you as soon as your goods are available. For customers who have also ordered products with a 7-14 day lead time, the estimated delivery time for your complete order will be 14-28 days. This is because everything will be dispatched to you when the entire order is ready. Smaller items such as pillows and duvets will however be dispatched independently within 5 working days by post or courier. Then received a letter 10 days after order placed ,telling me in the next 21-28 days!! They have never replied to ANY e mails I have sent ,and have the cheek to send an automated E mail offering discounts on more stuff. I suppose I realise , just how they operate . I shall wait till 30 days is up and if they cant deliver in the following 7 ,I shall ask for money back ,and put this one down to experience.
  • carlih1carlih1 Forumite
    846 posts
    I'm going to send them another letter i think, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to put in it? x
  • carlih1 wrote: »
    I'm going to send them another letter i think, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to put in it? x

How long since you ordered the bed?
    846 posts
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    How long since you ordered the bed?

I ordered the bed on the 9th November, the delivery was postponed from two weeks to four, then another four till the bed arrived then the week before christmas the mattress arrived. x
  • You should worry! I made the fatal error of going to buy a new, expensive Superking bed from Dreams. They advised which one to have: we tried it in the shop and said "It seems a bit hard". The salesman reassured us that it would be fine, and said that if it proves too hard after we've tried it for four weeks, we have the Dreams Comfort Guarantee that says they'll change it for another mattress of equal or higher value. They took 4 weeks to deliver, and it was indeed too hard. My wife was taken into hospital three weeks after it arrived, and nearly died. While she was in, I phoned to say the mattress was very uncomfortable and we'd be invoking the guarantee. Since I didn't trust Dreams advice any more, I phoned the bed manufacturer, and asked their advice. They told me which mattress from their range would be suitable. I called Dreams to "invoke" the guarantee. Oh no! You can't have that mattress. We don't sell that particular model, and are not prepared to get it for you. You can only have a Superking that we have in the shop. The guarantee didn't say that - there was no such restriction. So we phoned another local store, who got us the new mattress (which is truly excellent). Wife came home from hospital, and can sleep well. Dreams wouldn't even take the old mattress away - "It's not our policy to remove unwanted goods". So, take my advice: NEVER buy a bed from Dreams! Their advice on what is suitable is wrong, their Comfort Guarantee isn't worth the paper it's written on, and they don't sell the full product range of the firms they claim to sell. We're over £700 down, thanks to Dreams. We have a superb Super King bed, no thanks to Dreams.
    846 posts
    keithj wrote: »
    You should worry! I made the fatal error of going to buy a new, expensive Superking bed from Dreams. They advised which one to have: we tried it in the shop and said "It seems a bit hard". The salesman reassured us that it would be fine, and said that if it proves too hard after we've tried it for four weeks, we have the Dreams Comfort Guarantee that says they'll change it for another mattress of equal or higher value. They took 4 weeks to deliver, and it was indeed too hard. My wife was taken into hospital three weeks after it arrived, and nearly died. While she was in, I phoned to say the mattress was very uncomfortable and we'd be invoking the guarantee. Since I didn't trust Dreams advice any more, I phoned the bed manufacturer, and asked their advice. They told me which mattress from their range would be suitable. I called Dreams to "invoke" the guarantee. Oh no! You can't have that mattress. We don't sell that particular model, and are not prepared to get it for you. You can only have a Superking that we have in the shop. The guarantee didn't say that - there was no such restriction. So we phoned another local store, who got us the new mattress (which is truly excellent). Wife came home from hospital, and can sleep well. Dreams wouldn't even take the old mattress away - "It's not our policy to remove unwanted goods". So, take my advice: NEVER buy a bed from Dreams! Their advice on what is suitable is wrong, their Comfort Guarantee isn't worth the paper it's written on, and they don't sell the full product range of the firms they claim to sell. We're over £700 down, thanks to Dreams. We have a superb Super King bed, no thanks to Dreams.

Didn't you write to them for compensation at all? x
  • keithj wrote: »
    You should worry! I made the fatal error of going to buy a new, expensive Superking bed from Dreams. They advised which one to have: we tried it in the shop and said "It seems a bit hard". The salesman reassured us that it would be fine, and said that if it proves too hard after we've tried it for four weeks, we have the Dreams Comfort Guarantee that says they'll change it for another mattress of equal or higher value. They took 4 weeks to deliver, and it was indeed too hard. My wife was taken into hospital three weeks after it arrived, and nearly died. While she was in, I phoned to say the mattress was very uncomfortable and we'd be invoking the guarantee. Since I didn't trust Dreams advice any more, I phoned the bed manufacturer, and asked their advice. They told me which mattress from their range would be suitable. I called Dreams to "invoke" the guarantee. Oh no! You can't have that mattress. We don't sell that particular model, and are not prepared to get it for you. You can only have a Superking that we have in the shop. The guarantee didn't say that - there was no such restriction. So we phoned another local store, who got us the new mattress (which is truly excellent). Wife came home from hospital, and can sleep well. Dreams wouldn't even take the old mattress away - "It's not our policy to remove unwanted goods". So, take my advice: NEVER buy a bed from Dreams! Their advice on what is suitable is wrong, their Comfort Guarantee isn't worth the paper it's written on, and they don't sell the full product range of the firms they claim to sell. We're over £700 down, thanks to Dreams. We have a superb Super King bed, no thanks to Dreams.

Unfortunately the sales reps in many large chain stores are trained to SELL SELL SELL, and to sell you the most expensive model possible, or the model that makes them the most commision. The bed trade is full of sales gimmicks and sometimes outright lies just to get sales.

It is often best (and this doesn't just apply to beds) to buy from independent companies who are more concerned about making life long customers rather than a quick buck.
  • Sorry to hear that Keithj ,cant say it suprises me. I wrote an E mail after 30 days saying if they didnt supply me with a deivery date I,d be having my money back! The next day a young lady rang , she sounded just like a robot ,her monosalabic tones I can still hear, "I was just ringing to tell me my bed was ready for delivery "(no mention of any E mails etc) When would I be in?? I,m always in I said ,you tell me ! In 10 days was the answer ,wow if thats your best I said ! I just hope they dont mess me about with that ! Hope you get your problem sorted Carlih.
  • Had bed delivered ,no problems ,bed was pretty much as advertised ,and I have to admit I am very happy with it
    If only Dreams could be more pro-active with their communication and customer service ,I,d be more satisfied