New Post Advanced Search

Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
724 replies 242K views

Replies

• MarkytMarkyt Forumite
    11.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a bed from them amonth ago. they said it would be delivered in 3 or 4 weeks.

I got a call after 3 weeks telling me delivery was to be made on the following Tuesday, and they'd ring to let me know what time. They followed this with a text on the Saturday.

On the Tuesday, they rang when they said they would and confirmed the time slot. Then they delivered the bed within that slot.

What is happening to customer service in this country?
  • Here's my wonderful experience with Dreams. Bed delivery was promised between 3-4 wks. About 3wks later we got the phone call saying our bed would be with us the next day, great we thought.. so the next morning I went to the rubbish tip with our old bed to make room for the new one (bad mistake!). The bed did turn up when stated.So I unpacked it but to my dismay the bolts which keep the bed togethor wern't in the packaging, so I rang their friendly customer servicing and they said the bolts would take around 3 days to arrive. So the next 3 days we were sleeping on the new matress on the floor, but where I am asthmatic and highly allergic to dust this proved very uncomfortable. So 3 days passed no bolts, after numerous phones calls we finally got the bolts 3 weeks later! So i then put the bed togethor to find the supporting legs are too short, so we're back on the phone again. It takes them another 3weeks and alot more phone calls to finally send me some supporting legs sent out, but the new legs turned out to be for a different bed. So this bring me upto date, I rang them today to demand a full refund, they offered me £100 compensation in gift vouchers, I politely declined this and demanded the refund again, she then said I can only have a refund on the bedstead not the mattress as there is no fault with the mattress. I explained the mattress is no good without the bedstead but she said my only options are either the £100 compensation or a refund on the bedstead only. My question is do I have any other options, apart from standing outside the dreams superstore and telling everyone who walks in there what a ripoff the place is!
  • carlih1carlih1 Forumite
    846 posts
    Hey,

Wow at leasyt you got offered compensation all i got told is that i am responsible for the fact that the bedframe was damaged as the packaging was opened in my own house, even though the packaging was not damaged!!!

And how can i be responsible for sending out the wrong size mattress???

Please let me know how you get on i have just sent off a letter to them saying if i do not recieve a satisfactory response i will be going straight to trading standards

Carli x
  • AginothAginoth Forumite
    124 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Tracy_E_A wrote: »
    Oh dear, i was going to buy a kids bed from there as the price was really good. Might take a chance as i have bunk beds for now. Hope you get the problem sorted OP.

I wouldn't

We bought our daughters bed there last august, supposedly in stock with 3 day delivery time.

Got a phonecall next day from customer services who told me there was a 3 week wait for the bed to come in to their warehouse from their supplier and then it would be delivered to me. not happy

3 weeks later on delivery day i called them to get a delivery time...no record of us down to receive the bed that day on their system, they'd have to reorder...another 3 weeks !!! One very upset 4 year old and irate parents.

It finally turned up after almost 7 weeks, missing some fasteners (luckily I am a hoarder and had spare matches from previous projects)

Avoid Dreams, they are as bad if not worse than MFI !!!
  • kkerrkkerr Forumite
    1 posts
    Beware the Dreams "comfort guarantee," we bought a mattress , the list price was £819 , when we went to pay, the salesman put a mattress cover in a bag and said you get a free matress cover, and also I am going to give you a free 10 year guarantee. We paid the £819 and waited a few weeks for delivery, which was fine. When the mattress was delivered I found it very uncomforable, however, I was not too upset as we had the "comfort guarantee" which said that if after 30 days you find the mattress uncomfortable you can exchange it for one of same or higher price, as long as it hadnt been specially discounted. After 30 days I returned to the store and was told the guarantee was invaled as the mattress had been discounted, i.e the "free" mattress cover and 10 year guarantee counted as discounts. As we had not asked for these and it certainly was not explained that these were considered "discounts" and would invalidate the comfort guarantee. We phoned and wrote to Dreams but they wont budge.
    Can't help but think that this is a standard procedure to avoid having to exchange goods. I will never buy from them again, feel I have been completly conned.
  • kkerr wrote: »
    Beware the Dreams "comfort guarantee," we bought a mattress , the list price was £819 , when we went to pay, the salesman put a mattress cover in a bag and said you get a free matress cover, and also I am going to give you a free 10 year guarantee. We paid the £819 and waited a few weeks for delivery, which was fine. When the mattress was delivered I found it very uncomforable, however, I was not too upset as we had the "comfort guarantee" which said that if after 30 days you find the mattress uncomfortable you can exchange it for one of same or higher price, as long as it hadnt been specially discounted. After 30 days I returned to the store and was told the guarantee was invaled as the mattress had been discounted, i.e the "free" mattress cover and 10 year guarantee counted as discounts. As we had not asked for these and it certainly was not explained that these were considered "discounts" and would invalidate the comfort guarantee. We phoned and wrote to Dreams but they wont budge.
    Can't help but think that this is a standard procedure to avoid having to exchange goods. I will never buy from them again, feel I have been completly conned.

Give trading standards a call.

Just out of interest, what was the mattress they were charging £819 for?
  • Excellent Service. Ordered the bed in store 2 weeks ago on 12-months interest free credit.
    On returning home I checked the net for comments and saw poor feedback so was a little concerned (hence setting the record straight now).

7 days later had a call to say the bed would be delivered the following Saturday, followed up by a text message the day before.

Bed arrived by 9.15am less than 2 weeks from ordering - all as ordered, put together and in place 1 hour later. Service could not have been better.

I feel I should have been told of the £19 admin charge to pay the credit agreement in full, but still good value for a year interest free.
    No complaints. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/images/smilies/action-smiley-033.gif
  • Excellent Service. Ordered the bed in store 2 weeks ago on 12-months interest free credit.
    On returning home I checked the net for comments and saw poor feedback so was a little concerned (hence setting the record straight now).

7 days later had a call to say the bed would be delivered the following Saturday, followed up by a text message the day before.

Bed arrived by 9.15am less than 2 weeks from ordering - all as ordered, put together and in place 1 hour later. Service could not have been better.

I feel I should have been told of the £19 admin charge to pay the credit agreement in full, but still good value for a year interest free.
    No complaints. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/images/smilies/action-smiley-033.gif

Even Dreams get it right sometimes.

So if you don't mind me asking, what was it you bought, and how much did you pay?
  • Hello all,

Here is my experience with this poor company.

Spent quite a bit of hard earned money on a bed, mattress & headboard on 28th December 2008.

Was called by the company on 20th Jan 2009, the delivery would be made on 27th Jan - oh, but we only have your bed - no mattress or headboard. Hmm, thousands of beds in stock? Where did this fiction come from?

Waited in today for the delivery, chap rang up "will be with you between 4-6pm". That time came and rapidly passed - nobody turned up! Not even a phone call to say if he had been delayed.

What a complete waste of a day, I had high hopes for this company. I wish I had read all these reviews first - I could then have avoided them.

So, will have to chase them up tomorrow. How long do I now have to wait for the missing bed, and will they ever turn up.

Bottom line, avoid Dreams - you won't be having pleasant dreams, only nightmares.
  • Ordered my £975:eek: mattress from the Corby store about 2 weeks ago, was told at the time delivery would be 14-21 days. Was phoned on Monday saying delivery would be today.

The marketing bumf states :
    Delivery - with a comfy pair of Slippers
    You'll find our delivery team are always very courteous. They'll try to call you on the morning of delivery with a 2 hour time slot, they'll be uniformed and trained and are even happy to put on their Dreams slippers before entering your home. Well, we wouldn't want to walk dirt into your house, would we? It's all these little extras that make the Dreams delivery team so special

No slippers on our delivery men though, apparently they are a sore point and none of the drivers will wear them!