Forum Home» Praise, Vent & Warnings

Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints? - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
724 replies 242K views

Replies

• Ordered my £975:eek: mattress from the Corby store about 2 weeks ago, was told at the time delivery would be 14-21 days. Was phoned on Monday saying delivery would be today.

The marketing bumf states :
    Delivery - with a comfy pair of Slippers
    You'll find our delivery team are always very courteous. They'll try to call you on the morning of delivery with a 2 hour time slot, they'll be uniformed and trained and are even happy to put on their Dreams slippers before entering your home. Well, we wouldn't want to walk dirt into your house, would we? It's all these little extras that make the Dreams delivery team so special

No slippers on our delivery men though, apparently they are a sore point and none of the drivers will wear them!

Well it is good to hear that they do get some good reviews. After all they can't be all bad (except for the price :eek: ).
  • I realise this is an old thread and I have registered JUST to complain but if anyoen is thinking of buying a bed form dreams be VERY careful. They have TERRIBLE customer services and are very unhelpful. I realise a few people have smooth easy orders but it's when things go wrong that the quality of customer services are measured. If all goes smoothly you should be fine but be wary of their salespeople and NEVER believe in their 40 nights guarantee!!!!! The shop we went to refused to deal with us as they are not customer services and once you buy the bed it's none of their concern!!!!

My advice would be to stay well away and go to a local smaller shop or an online retailer.

Anyway, pleased for the one human who had a straightforward experience but that, in my opinion, does not constitute as good customer service!
  • mmsgmmsg Forumite
    1 posts
    I too have only joined this forum to encourage people to stay away from Dreams. I ordered a £600 high sleeper bed for my daughter and contacted dreams after 5 weeks to find out where the bed was. I was then informed that I was on a list to be contacted about a possible delivery date. Once this had been confirmed I proceeded to make the necessary arrangements for time off work. On the delivery date the delivery guys turn up on time, to not only deliver but build up my order. it turns out that the wrong colour bed had been ordered so I refused delivery. I then contacted the Dreams store where the bed was bought and the assistant manager was very unhelpful did not want to accept responsiblity nor take into consideration the fact that my daughter is now sleeping on the sofa! Once a redelivery had finally been arrange I was told that there would be no one available to build up the bed Dreams then informed me that someone from the store would come down on the day of delivery to put the bed up. The day before delivery I called to confirm that someone would be coming to build up the bed I was told this was not possible and ther ewas no way this was oing to happen. I am now left with the possiblity of having a bed in a box for the forseeable future. Customer service was of no help and I will be back on the phone to them first thing in the morning. Surely there must be something I can do about this type of service (or lack thereof)!:angry:
  • I think there is also a newer thread complaining about Dreams..........and one about Bensons, and one about Sleepmasters.
  • I think the underlying lesson is that they're all pretty rubbish except on occasion and the best thing to do is go to a local retailer!
  • berniesmasterberniesmaster Forumite
    899 posts
    ✭✭✭
    we ordered our bed and 12 weeks later it was delivered, 10 weeks later than what i was told, dreams are rubbish, ( good quality bed though)
    3 wonderfull kids :female::female::male:, 1 fab hubby :heart: , 2 beautifull cats and 1 very large dog = my family!
    :grouphug:
  • I think the underlying lesson is that they're all pretty rubbish except on occasion and the best thing to do is go to a local retailer!

Or buy on line to get better value for money.
  • sujacsujac Forumite
    76 posts
    We ordered a bed last Aug from Dreams and they were quite good with advice and delivery and very efficient in processing the order in store. Although this may be due to the fact I was in labour and the guy was worried I'd give birth there and then. :rotfl:
  • sujac wrote: »
    We ordered a bed last Aug from Dreams and they were quite good with advice and delivery and very efficient in processing the order in store. Although this may be due to the fact I was in labour and the guy was worried I'd give birth there and then. :rotfl:

Possibly, but I suppose even Dreams get it right occasionally
  • berniesmasterberniesmaster Forumite
    899 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    Possibly, but I suppose even Dreams get it right occasionally

very occasionally!!
    3 wonderfull kids :female::female::male:, 1 fab hubby :heart: , 2 beautifull cats and 1 very large dog = my family!
    :grouphug: