Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

Options

Comments

• noodles187
    Options
    Thanks Tim,
    Do i stand a chance of getting a refund though, since they've admitted manufacturing faults with the matress, what's the guarantee that a replacement wont be a reject from someone else (with scabies) or same old low quality mattress.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    noodles187 wrote: »
    Thanks Tim,
    Do i stand a chance of getting a refund though, since they've admitted manufacturing faults with the matress, what's the guarantee that a replacement wont be a reject from someone else (with scabies) or same old low quality mattress.

Dreams don't like giving out refunds, but you can ask.
  • Mode1
    Mode1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback on the worse bed store in living history. I have had an absolute nightmare with Dreams and I won't bore you all with the details suffice it to say just don't go there. You work hard for your money and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, this was not my experience with Dreams. They promise you everything and deliver nothing but heartache once they have your money. I can't believe they are still in business. I eventually went to a small independent store who treated me very well and charged me half the price for a bed that was just as good as the one I ordered from Dreams. Please please please spend your money wisely.
  • MarionFF
    Options
    Rubbish! Delivered my bed to my bank card address not my home address after getting me to send proof of my bank card address. They then were meant to send me vouchers compensation (I had taken the day off work to take delivery of the bed which didn't arrive). When the bed did arrive there were no vouchers and my mattress had a black mark on it. I needed the bed so accepted the delivery. I rang up customer services who refunded £30 back on to my card - it has still not shown up on my statement. They were also meant to have posted me a mattress cover which should arrived before the bed. First I was told that it must have got lost in the post, then I was told it wasnt in stock. I rang up 3 times and each time I was told it would be dispatched the next day. This was 3 weeks ago and I still waiting for my £30, my mattress cover and my vouchers. They LIE!!!!
  • Mr_Moff
    Options
    I ordered a memory foam mattress and pillows and headboard from them online.
    They said 4 weeks to deliver and the day before we got a call saying the mattress got wet so would be a couple more weeks.
    The day before the second date they called again saying that they hadn't made enough and would be 2 more weeks.
    We called trading standards for advice and then called them back and they had magically found one to deliver the next day.
    We recieved the mattress alone with no pillows and they said they aren't allowed to deliver pillows in case the get damaged.
    They agreed to use a courier to deliver them the following week and give a £40 voucher for our trouble so I said ok just get them here.
    Over a week has now passed and I called them this morning and they are out of stock and don't recall the conversation about the voucher.:mad:
    Good thing I recorded the last 2 phone calls and am back on to trading standards who are now dealing with it.
    The 2 main people we spoke to are Sue and Mike from the warehouse number they gave us.
    What kind of company is this,I am so stressed with them and it would have been quicker to go to argos or anywhere else.
    Sorry about the long rant but I needed to get it off my chest.
    Please be carefull if you buy from them.
    Danny.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Mode1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback on the worse bed store in living history. I have had an absolute nightmare with Dreams and I won't bore you all with the details suffice it to say just don't go there. You work hard for your money and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, this was not my experience with Dreams. They promise you everything and deliver nothing but heartache once they have your money. I can't believe they are still in business. I eventually went to a small independent store who treated me very well and charged me half the price for a bed that was just as good as the one I ordered from Dreams. Please please please spend your money wisely.

They are still in business because of the power of advertising. For some reason people seem to think that because a company advertises on TV, then they must be reputable. This is why the term 'as seen on TV' is used so often.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Mr_Moff wrote: »
    I ordered a memory foam mattress and pillows and headboard from them online.
    They said 4 weeks to deliver and the day before we got a call saying the mattress got wet so would be a couple more weeks.
    The day before the second date they called again saying that they hadn't made enough and would be 2 more weeks.
    We called trading standards for advice and then called them back and they had magically found one to deliver the next day.
    We recieved the mattress alone with no pillows and they said they aren't allowed to deliver pillows in case the get damaged.
    They agreed to use a courier to deliver them the following week and give a £40 voucher for our trouble so I said ok just get them here.
    Over a week has now passed and I called them this morning and they are out of stock and don't recall the conversation about the voucher.:mad:
    Good thing I recorded the last 2 phone calls and am back on to trading standards who are now dealing with it.
    The 2 main people we spoke to are Sue and Mike from the warehouse number they gave us.
    What kind of company is this,I am so stressed with them and it would have been quicker to go to argos or anywhere else.
    Sorry about the long rant but I needed to get it off my chest.
    Please be carefull if you buy from them.
    Danny.

Don't go to Argos unless you want poor quality at a high price.
    If I were you I would stay away from big brand names and big chain stores if you want good quality at a low price, and shop on line from a seller who gives a proper satisfaction guarantee that allows you to actually unpack and sleep on the mattress. This way it is in their interest to make sure that you make the right choice the first time.
  • Googlewhacker
    Googlewhacker Posts: 3,887 Forumite
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    They are still in business because of the power of advertising. For some reason people seem to think that because a company advertises on TV, then they must be reputable. This is why the term 'as seen on TV' is used so often.
    They are still in business because for the majority of customers they do a good job.

It is expected that a large company like that would have more complaints than a one man band because of the amount of business they do
    The Googlewhacker referance is to Dave Gorman and not to my opinion of the search engine!

If I give you advice it is only a view and always always take professional advice before acting!!!

4 people on the ignore list....Bliss!
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    They are still in business because for the majority of customers they do a good job.

It is expected that a large company like that would have more complaints than a one man band because of the amount of business they do

They don't do a good job, they rip most customers off.

They give a price promise, but have all products renamed (and sometimes made to a lower spec), so you can only buy them from Dreams.

They give out very little information about the spec so that they can compare them to far superior mattresses.

They have a continuous so called sale to con people into thinking that they are getting a bargain, when they only sell each product at the so called RRP in one store for a couple of weeks a year.

Many of their sales staff either don't have a clue about the products they are selling, or they don't care about the customers, and will tell them what they want to hear in order to get a sale.

And they are actually very expensive.
  • Googlewhacker
    Googlewhacker Posts: 3,887 Forumite
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    They don't do a good job, they rip most customers off.

They give a price promise, but have all products renamed (and sometimes made to a lower spec), so you can only buy them from Dreams.

They give out very little information about the spec so that they can compare them to far superior mattresses.

They have a continuous so called sale to con people into thinking that they are getting a bargain, when they only sell each product at the so called RRP in one store for a couple of weeks a year.

Many of their sales staff either don't have a clue about the products they are selling, or they don't care about the customers, and will tell them what they want to hear in order to get a sale.

And they are actually very expensive.

All the above maybe true but for the majority of people they must do a good job otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

Plus you have a biased view as well
    The Googlewhacker referance is to Dave Gorman and not to my opinion of the search engine!

If I give you advice it is only a view and always always take professional advice before acting!!!

4 people on the ignore list....Bliss!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport