Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

Options

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    jdturk wrote: »
    They are entitled to replac/refund/repair as they see fit which they have offered.

To replace the mattress with the same model would be pointless, as it appears to be reflex foam with memory foam. As the foams should be made to a uniform standard then you must assume that it is actually the lower spec designed especially for dreams that is the problem. So to get a replacement would mean getting one the same. If it contained springs, then the cause could be a faulty spring, but it doesn't.

It doesn't sound to be a repairable fault either, so I would push for a refund.
  • noodles187
    noodles187 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, i'll follow up with a refund cos i went to their Tottenham Court road branch yesterday to look for a prospective replacement and found another very conmfy matteress only realising that they might delievr a low standard replica at the end of the tunnel. I doubt if i'll get a refund but i'll try and let you all know or if you have ideas of what i need to say in order to prompt a refund from them will be appreciated. Thanks
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Unfortuntaley Tim under SOGA they have every right to replace (except within the reasonable period). If they feel this is the correct way to go then this is what they will offer

Yes I know that they will try to push a replacement. However the mattress is unfit for purpose, and any replacement of the same design would most likely also be unfit for purpose. So I was advising the OP to argue my points.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    I disagree, that is like saying one XBOX360 that had the red ring of the death is unfit for purpose and consequently makes all xbox 360's unfit for purpose which we know is untrue.

It's nothing to do with it. You obviously don't know about mattress construction.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    I know as much about mattress construction as I do about XBOX 360's but the point remains that if you buy 100 mattresses you may get one bad one but it does not render the other 99 unfit for use

That's not the case with memory foam and reflex foam, especially when made by Kaymed. I presume the fault is with the lower specification and lower quality foams used in the mattresses made for Dreams. They won't be the usual Kaymed standard.
  • noodles187
    Options
    Hi,
    I called the Dreams customer service dept and they offered to do a replacement as part of the 40 day exchange policy terms but how can i go about a refund as it seems they don't do refunds in dreams, is it advisable to write their head office and if i do what words can i use to effect a refund because i called "City Beds" who are suppliers of Kaymed matteresses and they quoted me a similar make for a grand less than i procured the Dreams version.
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    No w I know why I rarely see customers in our local Dreams store (when I have bought beds and mattresses I have been to a small local retailer who has a good reputation)
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • cajudson
    Options
    We bought a bed from dreams after six months the bed snapped whilst we were both asleep, reported it to dreams next morning they said they would send someone out, that eventually happened one week later when report was uploaded we were informed we had missued the bed and therefore warranty was cancelled and void, it took three written complaint letters threat of trading standards and an email to watchdog but we got a replacement bed which was ten times better than first one £20 of complimentry goodies and then £60 gift vouchers to spend in store we only paid £195 for original bed in sale so ended up better off, lesson learnt don't back down keep complaining and they will pay up good luck they are absolute cowboys xx:money::j
  • corinnelydia
    Options
    Cajusdon,

Can I ask which bed you purchased? We bought a monte carlo bedstead and after a painful process and lots of complaints we finally received it at the beginning of January. The bedframe is now mishapen and parts of the side have poked out from the wooden frame and are jutting through the leather, and it is obvious the bed had bowed as a result.

Despite building the bed as instructed and the slats being quite clearly non damaged I am fully expecting from my previous experience and the comments on here that they will not honour the 10yr guarantee and try and claim we have caused damage ourselves.

I was quite surprised that in the first instance they are only willing to receive photographs instead of sending out an assessor. I anticipate their response...
  • noodles187
    Options
    Got a date for inspection by Ecomaster (recommended by Dreams) on the 19th of June and my 40 days exchange warrantee period has been extended till then but the matteress is really doing my back and hips in. How can i go about getting a refund via medical reasons?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure