Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?

Options

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    fullsy wrote: »
    Hi, I am so glad to have found this thread. I purchased a bed from DREAMS BEDS 3 years ago and have had nothing but problems. Within 6 months the memory foam mattrress developed 2 dips rather like holes, where myself and wife slept. We called DREAMS and they sent out an assessor whom said to my wife it was wear and tear.......WEAR AND TEAR????? 6 months old? 2 years on and it is more like sleeping in a trench and a new bed is needed.

Is there anyway I can complain further and have the bed re assessed or am i stuffed and have to buy a new bed?

Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks

Try contacting FIRA who are the furniture industry ombudsman service:

FIRA https://www.fira.co.uk
    Maxwell Road
    Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1
    01438 777 700
  • corradoboy
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    That's what I have been telling people on MSE for ages.

Did you manage to cancel?

I never bought. I'm not the sort to ever take the first price on any purchase, Google is my friend :T

Thanks for the concern though :beer:
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dreams (as well as many of the other big bed chain stores) do this all the time. You will find that for a couple of weeks a year, in just one or two stores, they will sell it at the inflated "end of promotion price".

The truth is that all of their beds are so over priced that even with their continuous better than half price sale, they are still expensive.

If I were you I would stay away from big brand names and big chain stores if you want good quality at a low price, and shop on line from a seller who gives a proper satisfaction guarantee that allows you to actually unpack and sleep on the mattress. This way it is in their interest to make sure that you make the right choice the first time.

Thanks for the advice. I certainly won't be going back there again, and after looking at threads on MSE, I've realised that it's better to buy something hand made in the UK instead of the mass produced big names.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • peqwie
    peqwie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I recently ordered a bed from dreams but when it was delievered it was descovered that it wouldn't fit up the stairs. When we called customer services they said there was nothing we could do.

Is there anyone else with the same problem and if so how was it resolved?

Thanks!
  • honda2222
    Options
    Me and my then pregnant wife bought a bed at the end of february 2010. it cost around £850, we paid for it there and then on the day. we were told the bed wasnt in stock unil april 6, which was my wifes due date and we were happy with this. Then we later got a call in march to tell us the bed had been further delayed due to manufacturing problems and high demand and would be end of april, which was after our baby would be here. we disputed this as it was a major let down and managed to get a £250 refund on the bed and free delivery. On sunday april 11 we were given a call from dreams warehouse out of the blue, advising us there was 1 bed in stock in warehouse and if we wanted it we would have to take our delivery details down to the dreams store in halifax. of course we said yes and rushed out with my overdue pregnant wife and went instore to dreams. when we spoke to the sales lady she said we didnt need to come in store to do this, it should of been over the phone. when she rung the warehouse to confirm the delivery date they said there had been a mistake and the bed was missing a piece so it couldnt be delivered and we would now have to wait until start of may. to say it was a smack in the face is an understatement. we walked off dissapointed and let down. My wife has had a baby and since then we have been sleeping on the floor on a mattress, with a newborn baby. on 5th may i got a automated text message from dreams on my mobile stating my bed was here and it was to be delivered today friday 7th may. they stated they would ring us with a time slot on the day for the delivery. today i got a call from the delivery man from dreams at 9am advising he would deliver the bed between 11.40 - 12.40. we were very happy and got ready awaiting the delivery man. litterally 20 minutes later we recieved a call from dreams customer service to tell us again that a piece was missing and it wouldt be delivered at all. this is the second time they have let us down and dashed our hoopes. they have twice told us to come and get the bed and twice made a complete joke out of us. why did they text and ring foir delivery without checking the bed was ready to ship out. i have rung them now and they are unhelpful, not advising why there is such mis-communication between the teams of people. they now tell me they cant dliver for another week or 2 until the peice has come in. i feel violeted and discriminated against, as if someone there is playting a practical joke on me and it seems to be personal. they then asked us if we wanted to change beds to another in stock, but we havent waited 3 months for our bed which is paid for just to change over now to another bed. there service has been disgusting and left me and my wife distraught, she is already tired and stressed as she gave birth 2 weeks ago and dreams are tipping us over the edge.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    honda2222 wrote: »
    Me and my then pregnant wife bought a bed at the end of february 2010. it cost around £850, we paid for it there and then on the day. we were told the bed wasnt in stock unil april 6, which was my wifes due date and we were happy with this. Then we later got a call in march to tell us the bed had been further delayed due to manufacturing problems and high demand and would be end of april, which was after our baby would be here. we disputed this as it was a major let down and managed to get a £250 refund on the bed and free delivery. On sunday april 11 we were given a call from dreams warehouse out of the blue, advising us there was 1 bed in stock in warehouse and if we wanted it we would have to take our delivery details down to the dreams store in halifax. of course we said yes and rushed out with my overdue pregnant wife and went instore to dreams. when we spoke to the sales lady she said we didnt need to come in store to do this, it should of been over the phone. when she rung the warehouse to confirm the delivery date they said there had been a mistake and the bed was missing a piece so it couldnt be delivered and we would now have to wait until start of may. to say it was a smack in the face is an understatement. we walked off dissapointed and let down. My wife has had a baby and since then we have been sleeping on the floor on a mattress, with a newborn baby. on 5th may i got a automated text message from dreams on my mobile stating my bed was here and it was to be delivered today friday 7th may. they stated they would ring us with a time slot on the day for the delivery. today i got a call from the delivery man from dreams at 9am advising he would deliver the bed between 11.40 - 12.40. we were very happy and got ready awaiting the delivery man. litterally 20 minutes later we recieved a call from dreams customer service to tell us again that a piece was missing and it wouldt be delivered at all. this is the second time they have let us down and dashed our hoopes. they have twice told us to come and get the bed and twice made a complete joke out of us. why did they text and ring foir delivery without checking the bed was ready to ship out. i have rung them now and they are unhelpful, not advising why there is such mis-communication between the teams of people. they now tell me they cant dliver for another week or 2 until the peice has come in. i feel violeted and discriminated against, as if someone there is playting a practical joke on me and it seems to be personal. they then asked us if we wanted to change beds to another in stock, but we havent waited 3 months for our bed which is paid for just to change over now to another bed. there service has been disgusting and left me and my wife distraught, she is already tired and stressed as she gave birth 2 weeks ago and dreams are tipping us over the edge.

If I were you I would ask them for a refund as you have been continually let down. Then buy a bed on line and you will probably get an equivalent bed (or prbably far better) for half the price.
  • fullsy
    fullsy Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Dreams (as well as many of the other big bed chain stores) do this all the time. You will find that for a couple of weeks a year, in just one or two stores, they will sell it at the inflated "end of promotion price".

The truth is that all of their beds are so over priced that even with their continuous better than half price sale, they are still expensive.

If I were you I would stay away from big brand names and big chain stores if you want good quality at a low price, and shop on line from a seller who gives a proper satisfaction guarantee that allows you to actually unpack and sleep on the mattress. This way it is in their interest to make sure that you make the right choice the first time.

Cheers Tim,

I have contacted them and they are sending out an inspector.

You are great :T
  • madmusician
    Options
    7 1/2 weeks after ordering our bed we still dont have it. 1st i was told it would be in on 25th april then that it had come in on 29th april, next told it had come in on the 6th may then it had come in on the 10th may. All this with many promised calls not happening. Finally Given a delivery date for today... Despite confirming twice that bed was on its way to me...still no bed. I'm disabled with a back injury but am having to sleep on the floor... I am at screaming point. Dreams .... Nightmares more like!
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    7 1/2 weeks after ordering our bed we still dont have it. 1st i was told it would be in on 25th april then that it had come in on 29th april, next told it had come in on the 6th may then it had come in on the 10th may. All this with many promised calls not happening. Finally Given a delivery date for today... Despite confirming twice that bed was on its way to me...still no bed. I'm disabled with a back injury but am having to sleep on the floor... I am at screaming point. Dreams .... Nightmares more like!

If I were you I would cancel the order and demand a refund. Then you can buy a better bed for half the price on line, from someone who is more reliable.
  • noodles187
    Options
    Hi all,
    I wish i had come to this forum before buying my Kaymed "Raphael" matteress from dreams. let me get stright to the point without going through the delivery hassles i went through.

Wife and i tested the matteres in the showroom and it was heavenly, bought the matteress for £2100, got 10 year warrantee with that but 3 weeks gone now and i've concluded that what we tested in the store was far superior to what i've got on my bed now. The center of the matteress now feels deflated after only 3 weeks (wife stopped sleeing on it 2 weeks ago, but i stayed on trying to give it a benefit of the doubt) but now, i feel like i'm sleeping on my old flat bed and wake up with lower back pains even worse than i felt on my last matteress.

I need advice on how to get a refund as they've only offered me a swap for any matteress in their store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure