🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weight loss and healthy eating for a debt free life

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the loss @Less_Talk_and_More_Action

"If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    KajiKita said:
    To be fair, @Less_Talk_and_More_Action, I think this kind of post is what this thread is all about. We all learn something from what we share here and I have found myself following this over eating / junk eating pattern as well this weekend. I shall ponder along with you 😊

KK

I agree - we all need to learn what causes us issues, and learning from other's experiences is really valuable as well.  To be honest it's always nice to know we're not alone in being infallible, and we all have different ways of getting to where we want to be.
  • jwil
    Options
    I signed up for a year's subscription to Nutracheck yesterday. It was £27.99 which I figured was cheaper than trying to go back to SW.  I just need to be consistent in recording which is ok when I'm not busy.  I'm going to make an effort though.  It was actually quite eye opening yesterday looking at the macros, so it will be interesting to see how that pans out over the week and longer. 

I have a decent calorie allowance due to my weight, and with an aim to lose 1lb a week, so I'm lucky in that sense.  I still had over 300 calories left by the end of the day yesterday but my fat content was through the roof because of pork pie and clotted cream (not together :D ).  It wasn't really a normal eating day though so I'll see how it goes this week.

Good luck everyone!
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    For my nutracheck tips I find clicking the options (top right) and the week view is interesting. It recommends 1400 calories including burning 200 with exercise for me, but nothing happened for me for weeks this time.  I upped the exercise a lot and ate a little more and finally it’s moving very slowly now. I weigh every day and add it in in the progress section. You see it going up and down daily (fancy scales, so I get points of a pound), but over time you see it go down and it gives a good idea of the natural fluctuations whilst still making overall progress. I hope you get on with it. It worked well for me last time, so I’m sticking with it. 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 3 lb’s so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• jwil
    Options
    For my nutracheck tips I find clicking the options (top right) and the week view is interesting. It recommends 1400 calories including burning 200 with exercise for me, but nothing happened for me for weeks this time.  I upped the exercise a lot and ate a little more and finally it’s moving very slowly now. I weigh every day and add it in in the progress section. You see it going up and down daily (fancy scales, so I get points of a pound), but over time you see it go down and it gives a good idea of the natural fluctuations whilst still making overall progress. I hope you get on with it. It worked well for me last time, so I’m sticking with it. 
    I'm enjoying it so far but recognise I'm still in the honeymoon period :D  I like seeing the macros, from my first two days, I can see that I don't eat all my calories but am well over on sat fat (not overall fat) and sugar.  But I do eat lots of fruit and veg and drink plenty of water!
  • jwil
    Options
    CRANKY40 said:
    @KajiKita is right @Less_Talk_and_More_Action - the more we discuss what is happening the more we learn. I briefly gave up healthy eating yesterday due to a health problem that the HT is having (nothing serious but it is threatening to spoil our holiday if it isn't fixed soon). We were up early this morning in case he needed to go back to the doctor but 4 days into antibiotics it is showing signs of getting better. 

This morning I gave myself a talking to, put the rest of the packet of what I'd been eating in the bin and tidied my craft room. I was going to take some photos of what I've been making but I usually use my bed to arrange things on (as the largest clean and tidy surface in the house) but the cat has put herself to bed under the runner at the end so bed now has a large lump in it.  

I currently have four projects on the go so if I don't want to work on something complicated I can pick up something easier depending on the time of day, chance of being interrupted or my state of mind and level of anxiety. Everything needs two hands and no eating allowed as I don't want things to get dirty. 

I weigh myself everyday @WinterWarrior. It doesn't particularly affect my mood  - I'm mostly interested to see if it does go up or down. After the "eating when I wasn't hungry" yesterday it was up this morning but as it's been more of less the same for about 10 days now I'm hoping that it will convince my body that food is plentiful and thus it will loosen it's grip on a couple of fat cells. 

Clothes - I am the worlds worst as I don't have a clue what suits me except blue things look ok and purple stuff looks terrible. Last time I saw my sister she made me take off what I was wearing (not in public) and give her my top and trousers because they were too big for me and she took them home with her (not this country so I can't go and get them back)because she said they'd fit her better. She went on a clothes raid through my wardrobe too and took most of the "too big" things so I daren't put any weight back on now. I did go and replace some of the trousers she took but I just bought the same ones in a smaller size. 

I'm about 2.5 stone lighter than when I started my campaign to have my knees replaced. I was weighed and measured last week at the hospital and my BMI is now 36 point something (possibly 36.7). I have to keep it below 40 for knee number two to happen. Right, need to go and get ready for the HT's dentist appointment - I don't go in with him any more obviously but I still drive him there.

Take care all of you 😊
    That 2.5 stone is brilliant, well done!

Hope HT gets well soon.
  • jwil
    Options
    I was looking back through my phone yesterday about my weight over the last few years.  I realised that I'm 15lb lighter than my heaviest in late 2020, and 10lb lighter than I was this time last year.  So it looks like my small changes have made an impact, even though I haven't noticed it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport