Comments

• SUPERGIRL2020
    SUPERGIRL2020 Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Pollycat said:
    Pollycat said:
    Isn't the OP flying from MAN ?

Good point lol bit far to nip to as live near Leeds but won't the cages be the same size at every UK airport? 
    The same in all airports for the airline you are flying with - go the nearest, obviously.

That will LBA then...even though she may be flying from MAN... :)

Indeed, I got the idea way back as this prolonged saga developed that the OP "must" have been flying from MAN as it was her local airport. What is it they say about assumptions ?  :D 
    Hopefully we'll get a full holiday report on all aspects when the lady returns !!!
    That would be good. 
    She's probably one of the best prepared holidaymakers ever. 👍
    I think I’m doing my cousins head in with all the preparing I’m doing 😂😂😂 I’m annoying her! I can tell she thinks I’m 🤪
  • SUPERGIRL2020
    edited 17 April at 4:57PM
    Options
    ***update***

Last night I went to LBA the bad news is my small suitcase won’t fit in the cage so I’m gonna swap it for a bigger case and pay to check it in cos I wanna take way more clothes and shoes lol 
  • Barkin
    Barkin Posts: 447 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ye gods!   
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    SUPERGIRL2020 said:
    Ive seen this one on TikTok shop I'm gonna buy as the measurements include wheels and it says cabin and suitable for Ryanair
    Retailers are prone to claiming this sort of thing but such assertions should always be treated with caution - the only thing that matters is whether Ryanair accept it, which they obviously should if its measurements comply with their published policy.  In other words, should you find yourself embroiled in a debate with Ryanair airport staff about dimensions, the fact that a TikTok seller claimed it would fit will be irrelevant!
    It's due to come today I will measure it and see. The seller does free returns 
    Are you going to return the case that the seller asserted would be compatible with Ryanair's dimensions?
  • SUPERGIRL2020
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    eskbanker said:
    SUPERGIRL2020 said:
    Ive seen this one on TikTok shop I'm gonna buy as the measurements include wheels and it says cabin and suitable for Ryanair
    Retailers are prone to claiming this sort of thing but such assertions should always be treated with caution - the only thing that matters is whether Ryanair accept it, which they obviously should if its measurements comply with their published policy.  In other words, should you find yourself embroiled in a debate with Ryanair airport staff about dimensions, the fact that a TikTok seller claimed it would fit will be irrelevant!
    It's due to come today I will measure it and see. The seller does free returns 
    Are you going to return the case that the seller asserted would be compatible with Ryanair's dimensions?
    Yes what the seller obliviously doesn't know is the size must include wheels as it was the wheels preventing it going in the cage. 

All this cabin suitcase palaver is just a rip off by airlines to make more money its absolutely disgusting never had all this rubbish last time I flew 🙄
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are the wheels detachable..?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All this cabin suitcase palaver is just a rip off by airlines to make more money its absolutely disgusting never had all this rubbish last time I flew 🙄
    Far be it from me to defend Ryanair, but they, and most airlines now to be honest, will simply say that they've lowered headline ticket prices by splitting up the components, so if you just want to travel without taking baggage (beyond what fits under the seat), reserving specific seats, buying food/drink, etc, etc, then you can.

Out of curiosity, do you have any record of how much you paid for your previous flights 20 years ago and what they included then?
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To be realistic - getting a suitcase for the hold is the way forward - I could not envisage a lady going on a 7/10/14 day holiday with only a carry on bag.
  • SUPERGIRL2020
    Options
    eDicky said:
    Are the wheels detachable..?
    No they are not
  • SUPERGIRL2020
    edited 20 April at 11:34AM
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    Out of curiosity, do you have any record of how much you paid for your previous flights 20 years ago and what they included then?
    I went on a 18-30 holiday for 7 days costing £300 b&b including flights, allocated seats, check in suitcase and a meal flying with BA my suitcase was huge I took everything including the kitchen sink 🤣
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback