🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Not been abroad for 20 years

Options

Comments

• NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Isn't the OP flying from MAN ?

Good point lol bit far to nip to as live near Leeds but won't the cages be the same size at every UK airport? 
    The same in all airports for the airline you are flying with - go the nearest, obviously.

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options

Good point lol bit far to nip to as live near Leeds but won't the cages be the same size at every UK airport? 
    The same in all airports for the airline you are flying with - go the nearest, obviously.

That will LBA then...even though she may be flying from MAN... :)
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pollycat said:

Indeed, I got the idea way back as this prolonged saga developed that the OP "must" have been flying from MAN as it was her local airport. What is it they say about assumptions ?  :D 
    Hopefully we'll get a full holiday report on all aspects when the lady returns !!!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Pollycat said:

Indeed, I got the idea way back as this prolonged saga developed that the OP "must" have been flying from MAN as it was her local airport. What is it they say about assumptions ?  :D 
    Hopefully we'll get a full holiday report on all aspects when the lady returns !!!
    That would be good. 
    She's probably one of the best prepared holidaymakers ever. 👍
  • SUPERGIRL2020
    SUPERGIRL2020 Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Pollycat said:

I will keep you all updated when I get back! Not gonna lie I’m nervous lol 
  • SUPERGIRL2020
    Options

I’m gonna go to LBA and test my suitcase next week but I’m dubious about driving around the airport as Ive read a couple of stories online about drivers getting fined for things like stopping in the wrong place
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Really - don't bother. Just use a tape measure. That's the problem with the interweb, like googling health conditions, you can get paranoid over trivia. 
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My local airport has airlines that are very fussy about hand luggage sizes (Aer Lingus and Loganair).

Before I was traveling to Belfast recently I caught a local bus to the airport to ask the check-in staff if my bag was the right size and used their cage thing as well.

Maybe you could park your car close by and take a bus to the airport to check your luggage. 🤔

• SUPERGIRL2020
    Options
    maman said:
    My local airport has airlines that are very fussy about hand luggage sizes (Aer Lingus and Loganair).

Before I was traveling to Belfast recently I caught a local bus to the airport to ask the check-in staff if my bag was the right size and used their cage thing as well.

Maybe you could park your car close by and take a bus to the airport to check your luggage. 🤔

Apparently LBA has a one hour free car park so I’m gonna drive over tonight

Wish me luck lol  
  • SUPERGIRL2020
    Options
    zagfles said:
    Really - don't bother. Just use a tape measure. That's the problem with the interweb, like googling health conditions, you can get paranoid over trivia. 
    Its hard to get proper measurements with a tape measure cos of the wheels! Im going over to LBA tonight with the suitcase to test it out apparently they have a free one hour car park   
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure