We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

+++ Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 March at 10:58AM
    Options
    Hi Peb - It was under the March sale days thing for me - probably because I wasn't a current subscriber.  When I did pay it generally gave me an offer the first time I went to cancel but not the second so then I would cancel and wait a few months without it for the next offer.

I am hoping to get some time to play in the garden today but I suspect it is very waterlogged soil and may be best left alone. I got some 30l pots (from W1lko at £16/4) which are nice and solid with moving handles and really good drainage holes - these will be perfect for patio veg or feature plants that I intend to take when we move. 

I am also on porch duties - shorten the curtain for the main front door, do some twisty sanding and start restoring the quarry tiles. Once that room is finished then we need to agree the next project and start clearing stuff out of the way.  I think an inside space and then move back to outside stuff once it warms up a little. 
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,834 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A lot of my seeds are hitting the propagator lid now so need moving on, both heated and non heated. Sadly I’m the only one in the house who eats rice and then only eat it once a week so tend to buy mine in small bags. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • peb
    peb Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thredofromstart said:
    Hi Peb - It was under the March sale days thing for me - probably because I wasn't a current subscriber.  When I did pay it generally gave me an offer the first time I went to cancel but not the second so then I would cancel and wait a few months without it for the next offer.

I am hoping to get some time to play in the garden today but I suspect it is very waterlogged soil and may be best left alone. I got some 30l pots (from W1lko at £16/4) which are nice and solid with moving handles and really good drainage holes - these will be perfect for patio veg or feature plants that I intend to take when we move. 

I am also on porch duties - shorten the curtain for the main front door, do some twisty sanding and start restoring the quarry tiles. Once that room is finished then we need to agree the next project and start clearing stuff out of the way.  I think an inside space and then move back to outside stuff once it warms up a little. 
    Thanks.  Maybe just getting the timings right for the kindle unlimited deals 
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you get a good deal Peb

today we were out but got back later than expected, so the defrosted beef had to be dry roasted rather than pot roasted. Less tender meat, compounded by my Yorkshires rising but soggy in the middle. Not a well produced by me food day sadly. We did have lots of green veg with butter, sometimes I forget how nice lightly steamed green and butter can be. 

Reasonable recorded steps (if nowhere near SA levels) and a big walk planned tomorrow. I must find my old pedometer - I found hitting 10k quite motivating - to the point of using the stepper while my bath runs- but the phone recording is poor and I mostly don't carry my phone around at home although I rarely sit unless I have to. 
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,894 Forumite
    Options
    I found the Kindle deal on a sales email link, I couldn't see it on the site.  Am I imagining it, or has the general monthly cost shot up?  I don't remember it being over £9 before, although that would explain why I dropped it. 
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • peb
    peb Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Options
    I found the Kindle deal on a sales email link, I couldn't see it on the site.  Am I imagining it, or has the general monthly cost shot up?  I don't remember it being over £9 before, although that would explain why I dropped it. 
    Yes, it shot up from £6.99.   as most of the books I read are 99p or £1.99 I need to read more than ten a month for it to be viable, so i do short bursts to catch up with various series usually when i have a holiday 
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,894 Forumite
    Options
    I have absolutely zero justification for any more books - the unread pile currently extends to three large crates :D
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,427 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad it worked for someone at least!  It was under the spring deals banner for me, at the top, and had to scroll through a few pages to get it.

I find KU massively overpriced, and - like you Peb - read the latest in the low priced series each time I get an offer.  Every six months is about right for me to find something.  The books I would buy to keep are usually from the daily deals or are c£4, so I could buy 2.5 a month.  We still have Prime as we dont like waiting for things and we do watch stuff, and the younger residents watch things and use the gaming bit for freebies but the music is now unusable, and the adverts will annoy me.  It saves us £5 in fuel every time we dont have to go into a town to buy something.
    Yes Prime is annoyingly useful  for posting, subscribe and save (some things def cheaper that way) and odd bit of TV - my 6 months student free is about to expire then its half price and I have got so used to the convenience.. I think I will keep it
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback