We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

+++ Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry EH, I never mean to lead others into temptation. (If it's the one with 7 mini propagators cheaper in BeenQueue and they sell three packs of spare inserts). 

I was idly checking fastest route to food shop after drop off this morning when I realised that at some point a new Aldee has opened on the easier side of the town which is much better than struggling through the centre. It was lovely and empty at 9am, so I stocked up on lots of F&V and some seeds at £1.19 for 8 mini packs - inc aubergines which I wanted and have now sown in the 7th mini propagator. 

Pensions 1 and 2 have confirmed that the funds are about to be transferred. Predictably no update to Poo status.

i need to do the money shuffle, and (intake of breath) take the months shortfall money out of the savings pot. 
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 February at 1:11PM
    Options
    #ThoughtsAndPrayers on the money from the savings pot redo - stay strong!  (And let's be honest - we ALL know how much it gripes taking money OUT of savings once we are reformed characters, don't we!)

Thanks for the tip about the propagator which I am not considering buying (cough) as well - I may well amble down there for a look...if I go on the bike that means I can't just buy it right away...
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    edited 2 March at 7:16PM
    Options
    I don't want to tempt anyone but my cosmos purity seeds have germinated in six days in the warmth. I can move that tub out tomorrow and add some more tomatoes so worth getting spare propagators. Sweet peas up in the old propagator, I actually pre soaked the seed for a few hours this time which may have helped. 

S4ttons have yet another seed sale, not sure I can identify enough of genuine interest (rather than ooh that's a bargain) to justify £3 of delivery, especially since I checked and I should be able to sprout supermarket mung beans to grow bean sprouts. The green lentils are tasty and I have another batch on the go.

£15 for 3 x 50l "4vingtons in Bee n M is currently winning on the compost front, and in the dry at the front of the store. It was piddling down with rain and I was on my own so I left it for another day. MrM had 3x 40l at the same price I think.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I’m going to see if BnM have any of that compost in today. Will load up Mr SA’s scooter 😆
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Glad you got some SA, I should pick some up tomorrow if it's in stock at the new store.

seeds I am now down to BNS, corn on the cob and leeks. Really not worth £3 P&P. *Sits on hands and hyper ventilates*
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Premier Seeds Direct only charge 99p P&P. Have they got what you want? 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Thank you - will look. 

HB had mir4cle grow compost at 50l/£5 so I picked up a couple of bags. 
  • redofromstart
    edited 6 March at 5:06PM
    Options
    Pensions:
    Aviv4 won the race to transfer money (mid sized pot - low thousands) 
    L&G have allegedly sent the cash (hundreds)
    Poo have confirmed the request to new provider and the transaction is allegedly underway (high thousands) 
    What surprised me is that nobody has emailed or written for confirmation until today.  Once it is the new account I just need to with request a withdrawal, send a copy of Mr Redos passport and transfer to his current account - which I also have access to - and then transfer to mine.  Muh hah hah! Scary really. We just wanted it somewhere easy access in case we spot the perfect house and need a bridging loan and stamp duty money quickly. Or many motorcycles.  (ooh shiny diamonds and cashmere and he will never notice and....)

SA, the seeds are spot on, I have a planned visit to Aldee tomorrow morning, but if they dont have what I want for pennies then I will send a 99p P&P order and add some cosmos and dahlias, thank you.

Boys tiny car passed its MOT and is now taxed (£20!) so just the £600 provisional insurance renewal, and £660 for another ten driving lessons (£330 each) to absorb this month. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure