We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

+++ Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ouch to driving lessons cost - although in fairness I can't recall how much I paid back in the *ahem* early 90's, so in fact they may not have increased as much as it feels as though they could have done.  
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 March at 5:07PM
    Options
    I didnt learn till my very late 20s (late 90s) and it was £18 an hour then.  I am paying slightly over the local average which is about £30, but he is very good with neurodivergent, unlike the previous highly rated one, and had availability which is a miracle in itself.

Revised to say £330 each/£660 for the two - misleading wording by me now updated!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Just a quick post to say that the Poo have actually sent the funds to the new people, and we are now just waiting to make sure it has all actually been transferred!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    @Sun_Addict some great choices for seeds on that site, and it has fixed my 'gaps' so thank you

• redofromstart
    Options
    Busy busy busy.

the pension money has all transferred safely which is a good result.

I need to do something with my bursting with life broad beans, first time I've grown them so I'll need to read instructions. Peppers, aubergines and celeriac through in the props. Must think about what is next.

front porch coming along nicely (I've mostly held ladders and handed over things on request). There is a door curtain to shorten and some necessary sanding sealing and feeding of the odd sized front door because refurb is a LOT cheaper than replacing odd sizes. 

It's a good job I'm not looking for a new job yet because there really is nothing I'd apply for. Slightly worrying and I might need to rethink my plans.
  • redofromstart
    edited 14 March at 8:09PM
    Options
    I've moved the broad beans to the warmest bit of the tunnel as they are catching on the  prop lid indoors.  Must check when I can plant the other peas and beans. 

Aubergines and peppers through hurrah. 

I keep meaning to say that the La1la gold basmati (£8.50/5kg) is very nice indeed, and although it wasn't a huge per kilo saving against supermarket kg bag of basmati, I am using less uncooked rice for the four of us, and it doesn't need the onions/spice/20 minutes in the oven to make it edible. So much so that I bought another bag before all of the offers end. 
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 8,063 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Your broad beans can go straight out Redo - they are very hardy little things! I’m hoping mine will have germinated when I get back tonight and will be planting them out next week. Normally they’ve gone straight in the ground as seeds but I thought I’d try germinating in modules this year to see if it speeded them up (normally I plant them earlier too) - spoiler alert, seemingly not!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• redofromstart
    Options
    Thank you @themadvix I will plant them out over the weekend if the squelch has eased off. Another 8 inches of rain on saturated clay ground - the last hole I dug had standing water. I suspect the no dig beds are very much the way forward.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Two months free kindle unlimited available via Azn when I clicked through. Happy with that. Probably six months since my last paid membership so worth a look. You can cancel immediately and keep the two months running.

• peb
    peb Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting.  I didn't get any offers after my last gap.  I reset to go in November (dad had an op and it was cheaper for him to have unlimited for the books he wanted).   I'll be coming off shortly though and see if I'm offered anything then 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback