+++ Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Comments

• PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hope the transfers go okay, that's absolutely dreadful service!

One of my small pleasures in life is seeing the local windowbox cat on a walk, it's so content dozing there. The owners seem to have given up on planting anything in it 😁
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Dreadful service. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 February at 4:02PM
    Yes @beanielou they also failed to allocate AVCs from various council employees over the same period which must have been so stressful. Minimal compensation for complaining to the ombudsman, although Poo themselves probably got fined a lot. At least I hope so. 

I knew about the AVCs as I deal with LGPS funds for work
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 February at 8:31PM
    I had a rummage and found some old netting, elastic bands and a few jam jars for a run at sprouting. A cm of seed/lentils and a long soak followed by a morning and evening rinse till we eat them.  I've got green lentils on the go but will also try red lentils, chickpeas and some peas so I am not spending anything on this. Easy to get caught up and buy a special tub and mixed sprouting seeds but also pennies to try sprouting what lentils or chick peas you have in an old jam jar.  

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I’ve just bought my first ever heated propagator. Feel proper grown up now 😆
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The propagator sounds fun 

I moved an isa from fideli** -to Vang  and  had deliberately switched all funds into Van ones before the transfer as I didn’t want to wait for them to sell - it took over  6 weeks for the bulk and then  they lost a fund !- about £1500 worth - showed it had left Fid  but never arrived on Van - all else had moved apart from one! 

I had to keep chasing and in the end got a goodwill payment so I am sure you have got full records of every fund - they come over in drive and drabs 

(previously I had transferred an isa from Harg to Fid and where they had different classes of the same funds that also caused delay and havoc so that’s why this time I ensured I did all the transfers I could beforehand 
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I am blaming you and SA that I now have Amazon suggesting I might like to look again at heated propagators... 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills