Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Options

Comments

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A lovely way to celebrate Mothers day and acknowledge your Mums birthday.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,698 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    A good way to celebrate  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,556 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    At least you’ve got something to look forward to after the screening is done. I hate it too, I never seem to get mine on the glass properly and the machine always digs into my ribs. Last time I was there I suggested they get some sort of padding for it 😆
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely way to celebrate.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I’ve been for the screening - I hate it with a passion. For some reason 1 side is far more painful than the other…..I mentioned this and the radiographer suggested I mention it to my GP…..she was quite put out when I said no….it’s the only time it ever hurts and I visit hospitals and doctors far too much already for my liking.  If anything is going to show up it will show up with the mammogram she has just completed. 
    Ds should be arriving in half an hour or so. It’s a lovely pub we’re going to  - only a couple of years old, built within a housing development on an old aerospace factory site. They have a museum there now and we keep saying we will visit but haven’t made it beyond the pub yet. The mid week meals are great value and you always need to book. A very similar menu there on Sunday is more than double the price 😳 
    I got a bit of a shock when I checked my cc spends for last month….but if I will take my foot off the pedal and  treat myself to expensive makeup it is to be expected. It did my self esteem wonders as I was feeling unnecessarily wobbly for some reason. I need to use it regularly now though….I’m quite good when I know I’m going out but tend not to bother with the regime when I know I’m not going anywhere. The lady who did the makeover said she’d invite me back for another in a few weeks time…..think she’ll be hoping for another big sale 😂😂😂😂 she won’t be getting one. I do quite fancy a lipstick but that will be it. 
    January spends - £587.58
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,759 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    They are painful for me too. I’ve only had 1 so far and I was left with bruises and a grim sense of outrage, swearing I’d never go back…but no doubt I will. Oddly my sister said hers didn't hurt, so I think it must be quite random who sails through and who’s body objects strongly to the man handling. 
    The make up and make over was well deserved, it’s not like you are buying it every month or even every 6 months. I never bother either unless I am going out out 😁
    Enjoy your meal ⭐️
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,698 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am going to get my nails done as a wee pick me up. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 8 March at 7:41PM
    Options
    They are painful for me too. I’ve only had 1 so far and I was left with bruises and a grim sense of outrage, swearing I’d never go back…but no doubt I will. Oddly my sister said hers didn't hurt, so I think it must be quite random who sails through and who’s body objects strongly to the man handling. 
    I've had mammograms virtually every year for the last 25 years - polycystic boobs + recent breast cancer - at 3 different hospitals & can confidently say it depends on the radiographer. I have found that those women who are of an age to have their own screening tend to take more care, those who haven't had a boob-squish have no idea what it's like!

I also think that if blokes had to have their bits squished between 2 stainless steel plates they would come up with a less uncomfortable process!

ETA my breast surgeon recommends taking painkillers of choice 30m before the appointment to his post-surgery ladies, due to the new internal scar tissue 😉
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did take painkillers before I left the house this time Floss. It didn’t make much difference. It’s only a few minutes and the benefits it gives are worth it though, so I suppose it has to be done. Hopefully you’re on the other side of the breast cancer now. My mum had it so that’s why I always make sure I go.
    WW I also have a bruise after todays squishing…..it’s better to get checked though…..hopefully that’ll be the last I hear for a few years.
    Beanie I hope your nails make you feel amazing. I only wanted a French Polish when I had them done last week but I’m very pleased with it. 
    I’ve been cold all day….I’m sitting with heating on - polo neck jumper, top and cardigan on under my blanket and I’m still shivering. Hot bath and early night for me I think.
    The meal was lovely I had prawn cocktail, chicken chasseur and crème brûlée….all beautifully cooked. The place was heaving and we had a little chuckle as there were rather a lot of very elderly ladies with either sons/daughters or grandchildren…we suspected they were being brought out for an early Mother’s Day trip too. From there we drove to a little walk we know that goes along the back of the runway of the airport, we watched lots of planes landing and taking off. It’s a great little walk - not very well long or advertised so you have to know about it. We got parked in a lay-by that you have no chance of getting on when the weather is warmer. 
    Ds is coming around again tomorrow and we’re heading to a NT place a ride away that is famous for its daffodils. Hopefully they’ll be in full bloom tomorrow From there we’re heading to a sea side place and then will use some Mr T vouchers for tea out. I’m hoping I’ll have warmed up by then.
    January spends - £587.58
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,759 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope you are ok now @Floss. It’s interesting to know how some radiographers are more careful than others. 
    I love a creme brûlée milann - an excellent choice! It’s been freezing here too.
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport